PDA

View Full Version : Wine up

Rantz
03-29-2012, 10:12 PM
Kat DeLuna feat Elephant Man- Whine Up - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2m-pZFnJZEU)

Do you like wine. Also: What are your PREFERENCES.

Sephex
03-29-2012, 10:17 PM
Red whine I guess. Not really picky because I barley drink whine. I also like it cold which pisses off everyone.

Rantz
03-29-2012, 10:25 PM
Not really picky because I barley drink whine.

I reserva judgement on that pun for when I'm sober.

Sephex
03-29-2012, 10:42 PM
I didn't even mean it, too. :kakapo:

Pike
03-30-2012, 02:37 AM
I like the Wine application which I use to run Windows programs on Linux.

NeoTifa
03-30-2012, 03:12 AM
Oh, I thought this was going to be about Linux. :/ Wine sucks. It gives me heartburn. I stick with my Vodka and Rum.

(Oh wait, Pike beat me to it)

Miriel
03-30-2012, 03:44 AM
I've tried really hard to like wine. I love eating good food and the two generally go hand in hand. Plus all my friends drink wine. And I live so close to Napa Valley, the heart of California's wine country. Drinking wine seems like the thing to do.

But I just cannot get into it. Its so gross! Blegh.

I've tried cheap wine, expensive wine, sweet wines, red, white, rose. It's all nasty.

You know what's good? Strawberry lemonade.

Ultima Shadow
03-30-2012, 12:23 PM
I've tried cheap wine, expensive wine, sweet wines, red, white, rose. It's all nasty.
You need to add some good port wine to that list before you truly can say you "don't like wine". :p

I usually only like certain red wine, preferably to some good cheese. But good port wine is always freaking great. I'd recommend Quinta do Pégo and Dalva.

...also, Passion Juice beats Strawberry Lemonade anyday! :p

Jinx
03-30-2012, 02:29 PM
Oh, Rantz. I love you.

And I love wine. Every. Single. Kind.

Although I would choose white over red, if I had to.

Old Manus
03-30-2012, 03:57 PM
I didn't really mind red wine until one night a few years ago with two bottles of cheap rosé (amongst other beverages) and one hour, and I haven't been able to enjoy it since. White wine is for children and non-heterosexuals.

DMKA
03-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Wine is for girls and metrosexuals.

Freya
03-30-2012, 06:26 PM
White wine preferably and I don't like them dry xP Usually I like them sweet or semi-sweet. Fruity ones are good too. :D

Shlup
03-30-2012, 06:33 PM
I prefer cabernets. They tend to be drinkable no matter the brand, though I usually get Fat Bastard.

Shlup_has_burger_nips
04-01-2012, 05:42 AM
4A9pJH0uxe4

Shlup_has_burger_nips
04-01-2012, 05:43 AM
hgkHd6eBfoE

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-03-2012, 06:25 AM
Eeeew. Wine is icky. I'll just take something sweet and fruity with vodka in it.

Pheesh
04-03-2012, 06:43 AM
Pinot Grigio is sooooo amazing. I never really liked wine until I had a nice Grigio with some fancy cheese plate and it was just crazy good. Now I can drink most wines, but I will always pick a white over a red if I can.

04-03-2012, 07:03 AM
I used to get drunk off of the cheap gallons of Carlo Russo wine that we would steal from Safeway when I was in high school. Burgundy is icky. I threw that one up and opted to DD that night.

Miriel
04-03-2012, 07:55 AM
You need to add some good port wine to that list before you truly can say you "don't like wine". :p

I have had port and other dessert wines. They're definitely better than regular wine, but if I'm going to have a sweet drink why not just have a soda or a lemonade at 1/3rd the cost of wine? And besides, I prefer coffee as my after meal drink or to have with desserts.

Plus, I really really love plain water.

Shlup
04-03-2012, 08:36 AM
JUST KEEP DRINKING IT UNTIL YOU LIKE IT, DAMMIT.

Clo
04-03-2012, 05:26 PM
I do not understand people who don't like wine. What's up with bitches who can drink a tall glass of UV and some disgusting mixer, but can't drink a tasty glass of wine? Fruity-syrupy alcohol is so disgusting. If you're going to drink, let it either kick you in the throat like a whiskey or be flavorful like a wine.

I drink a lot of Bully Hill red wines, but whatever wine is available will be drunk. For I am a wino.

Shiny
04-04-2012, 07:41 AM
I dislike full body wine, but every other wine I've tried was decent. I prefer fruity red wine the most. However if I'm eating chicken white wine tastes great with it. For people who don't like wine, eating meat with it tends to make it taste better -- at least it does for me.

Crop
04-04-2012, 01:23 PM
The only time I'll drink wine is with a nice stake, and of course it'll be red. Other than that I don't like wine - white, red or rose.

Aside from that, I am a fiend for a good bottle of port, and every few months I'll splash out and buy a different expensive bottle from the town wine shop. Although I save the top shelf stuff for christmas.
Actually it HAS been a few months since I last had a bottle...

Rantz
04-04-2012, 01:56 PM
Amarone wines make me orgasm a little every time I drink them.

04-05-2012, 04:17 AM
JUST KEEP DRINKING IT UNTIL YOU LIKE IT, DAMMIT.

AYE AYE, SIR!

Peegee
04-10-2012, 04:36 PM
I had a brunch / lunch party thing last weekend and we drank a french wine. It was good, but I didn't get to drink a lot of it (but that's okay)

Now I have a bottle of black tower and I'm getting requests to do another party (people like my creme brulee!).

I like white wine. I probably wouldn't have said this 5+ years ago, but I've taken a liking to it.

Also I've read some crap about how you should 'just drink what you like' - so you could have white wine with say, steak or roast beef. I'm not that much of a snob so...I'll let the snobs have a fit and write notes

themagicroundabout
04-10-2012, 05:16 PM
I like wine, white wine more than red. I mean red is okay, but I don't usually go for it unless I'm having it with the meal. I'm no real connoisseur or anything, I drink the cheap stuff.

Giiiiive me a great big glass of wine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b67UHo2tFmU

Jinx
04-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Shrimp!

AND WHITE WINE!