PDA

View Full Version : Pixel Dreams

Pike
03-30-2012, 05:48 AM
I dream about games all the time. Usually it's games blending with real life, or games blending with other games. Or both!

How often do you dream about games?

Alpha2099
03-30-2012, 06:23 AM
Surprisingly, not that much. Or if I do, it's not like I'm dreaming about playing a game. It's more like elements of games are bleeding into "real life".

Værn
03-30-2012, 11:58 AM
I once played enough of The Sims that I had a strange dream that life was just a big game of The Sims. And one time, about 10 years ago probably, I had a dream that I was a Pokemon trainer (with the most awesome Charizard ever, mind you). But that's about it, as far as I can remember.

Jinx
03-30-2012, 02:33 PM
If I've been playing a singular game a lot, I will probably have a dream about it. But I rarely ever do.

Sephex
03-30-2012, 05:29 PM
If I spend lot of time on a game in one sitting, I will have a dream about it.

Like the time Amnesia monsters were after me. That was a fun dream.

Alpha2099
03-30-2012, 07:40 PM
I had a Resident Evil 4 type of dream some time ago. That was interesting.

krissy
03-30-2012, 09:32 PM
i once dreamt that i was in the ff7 bizzarro sephiroth battle with barret wearing ash ketchum's clothes and throwing pokeballs as an attack.

i don't remember if we won

Del Murder
03-31-2012, 03:55 AM
One time I played Super Mario Bros. 3 all the way through with my brother and afterwards we kept seeing the game going on in front of us even though we weren't near a TV. Does that count?

Hollycat
03-31-2012, 04:03 AM
Not even once ever.
I often create planets, ecosystems, societies, and machines in my dreams, but for the 5 minutes I remember them after awaking I can't figure out how to write or draw them.

Mirage
03-31-2012, 06:03 PM
About every other dream that i can actually remember includes games meshed more or less with reality.

black orb
04-01-2012, 08:47 PM
>>> Pixelated dreams, yeah I had those way back in the 80´s early 90´s..:luca:

Jinx
04-02-2012, 03:13 PM
Not even once ever.
I often create planets, ecosystems, societies, and machines in my dreams, but for the 5 minutes I remember them after awaking I can't figure out how to write or draw them.

I write some of the most beautiful instrumental, orchestral, and theatre musical music in my dreams.

I always forget it, though. :(

krissy
04-02-2012, 04:58 PM
^omg

i had a dream once where i sang a song that brought on world peace

forgot the crap out of the song

Slothy
04-02-2012, 05:22 PM
Speaking of music in dreams, I once dreamed I was playing a song on guitar and could see my finger position on the fretboard and everything. When I woke up I played the melody again on the keyboard while writing it down. I was curious though and decided to pick up a guitar and see if the fingering correlated at all with the music in my dream. It was dead on with the melody in my dream. The scary part there is that I had bought the guitar a year before with the intention of learning, but never got around to it. I couldn't play at all when I had that dream, yet dreamed the correct fingering for the song. It wasn't complicated mind you; usually playing a single string with each note, but still impressive given my lack of knowledge.

As for games, I used to dream about games a lot. Still do sometimes I suppose. I spent much of middle school dreaming of Doom. Earlier in my life, maybe in '95 or '96, I had a dream that the Atma Weapon from FFVI was stalking me through some woods near my home. He was taller than my house and quite relentless.

Mirage
04-02-2012, 05:37 PM
I never actually "hear" things in my dreams. It's more like I'm telepathically aware of what people are saying. Like I know person X said Y stuff with Z voice, but I never actually hear him speak it. Same with sound effects and usually even colors. I know a guy's shirt is green and his hair is red, but I never actually see the colors on him.