PDA

View Full Version : Confused

Freya
03-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Have you ever been confused about something? A convo, an event, why someone is no longer on staff, a sale, anything!

I seem to get confused quite often. Usually because I always miss half the convo cause i'm doing something else or it goes missing. PEOPLE SHOULD EXPLAIN THEMSELVES.

Confusion? You has?

Loony BoB
03-30-2012, 10:53 PM
I get confused pretty often at work when someone leaves out a key point while explaining a problem.

I Don't Need A Name
03-30-2012, 10:55 PM
I get confused when things don't run as they should, with no explaination why. Why people are treated like dirt. Why people are forced out into the cold when not so much as a thank you :cry:

Pike
03-30-2012, 10:56 PM
April Fools' confuses me in general because then I don't know what's serious and what's not, because I am just that gullible. xD

Shattered Dreamer
03-30-2012, 10:57 PM
I'm guessing you're referring to foa deciding to leave? I know I don't know very many of you personally but I've got to know foa a bit from playing Mafia & she's always seemed pretty cool. If somebody here did something bad enough to make her want to leave EoFF then that really is beyond uncool & totally & utterly out of order........

Pike
03-30-2012, 10:59 PM
Okay fine guys. If you have to pick someone to blame, then pick me. Okay? We're all good? :colbert:

Good! Let's get back on topic now shall we :kakapo:

Freya
03-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Oh I'm super gullible too Pike! My coworkers are jerks now that they've figured it out.

krissy
03-30-2012, 11:07 PM
i have never been confused in my life
i can see exactly what is going on
open your eyes, sheeples

Peegee
03-30-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm guessing you're referring to foa deciding to leave? I know I don't know very many of you personally but I've got to know foa a bit from playing Mafia & she's always seemed pretty cool. If somebody here did something bad enough to make her want to leave EoFF then that really is beyond uncool & totally & utterly out of order........

ugh foaaaaaaaaaa i love youuuuu don't goooooo

usually the only that confuses me is related to things about science that are far out of the realm of how I learned as a kid. For example I really have a problem understanding simultaneous positions of subatomic particles. apparently (say for electrons) the 'orbit' of an electron is really just a cloud of possibilities and the electron can be anywhere.

It's LIKELY to be in a particular place, and we can measure that to a high degree of probability, but ehgh. wtf. and there's MATH that explains that? forget it. I'm going back to video games.

Bunny
03-30-2012, 11:23 PM
Sometimes I get really confused. Then I stop caring about whatever I am confused about and am no longer confused.

Psychotic
03-30-2012, 11:27 PM
one time when i was 15 i was playing gta vice city, right, just strollin' down the streets, causing no mayhem at all

along skates this honey in pink lycra shorts, and i'm just checkin' out dat ass dat fuckin' ass is fiiiiiiiine let me tell you. anyway I run around to the front of her for a second look, and, well

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e373/photobucketamazingness/gtavice_skater.jpg

yeah i was p. confused alright...

Shlup
03-30-2012, 11:33 PM
I live most of my life in a fog of confusion. My doctor recently put me on pills for it.

Crop
03-31-2012, 01:05 AM
I'm confused as to why people are confused over the current issue that people are confused over.
It's really not that confusing, EoFF always gets wacky this time of the year.

Slothy
03-31-2012, 01:24 AM
I seem to get confused quite often. Usually because I always miss half the convo cause i'm doing something else or it goes missing. PEOPLE SHOULD EXPLAIN THEMSELVES.

FOA was a jerk. She got slapped down. All is right with the world.

I'm not sure where the confusion lies.

Shlup
03-31-2012, 01:28 AM
You watch your whore mouth, Vivi. Clearly you think you already know what it's like when a jerk gets slapped down, but foa went easy on you.

Slothy
03-31-2012, 01:37 AM
Hmm, would saying she overreacted result in a bit less ire than saying she was a jerk?

As far as being confused, I'm a little confused as to why WK is apparently no longer a CK? I mean my little outburst aside I do think he's one of the coolest cats around here and it'd be a real shame to see him bowing out too.

Seriously, what is going on with the staff here lately?

Pike
03-31-2012, 01:42 AM
WK mentioned a month or so back that he wasn't sure if he was up to staff anymore because he didn't feel like he was being very active. He stuck around to give it another shot and then decided today that he hadn't really changed his mind.

Pretty straightforward, just bad timing to lose two CKs at once.

Guess I'd better start watching my back. :shifty:

Slothy
03-31-2012, 01:51 AM
It's probably some master scheme by BoB or Shlup or both to drive everyone out then take over completely. Of course the loser will just be the first to stab the other in the back because the winner will anticipate it Sherlock Holmes style and have a plan in place to take them down.

Better to kill them both now and have all out war in the ensuing power vacuum I say.

Shlup
03-31-2012, 02:25 AM
Hmm, would saying she overreacted result in a bit less ire than saying she was a jerk?

Well you would know a thing or two about that.

Basically, we've been insisting that staff members actually contribute to the community in order to stay on staff, and some people are being pissy about it. No big deal.

NeoTifa
03-31-2012, 02:36 AM
FOA = Fire_Of_Avalon? I remember her. I haven't been here for the drama, however, I can see how this place inspires enough anger to quit. It took me 4 years to "come back" and post (you can thank PG for that one), and to be perfectly honest, I don't even quite remember what set it off, I just remembered being full of rage thinking about this place. Meh. Just like other sites, you'll rage, but you'll eventually go back to them. Just like 4chan, Reddit, DIC, etc.

And to answer the question: electrostatics and magnetic physics confuses me. :( I got a D in it last quarter. Maybe I shoulda actually showed up for class. :P

Freya
03-31-2012, 06:07 AM
Okay, so as far as I understand this situation it is:

Vivi22 was a jerk to... someone... and foa DTed him, he threw a fit, she got fired for it? With no explanation? Is that right?

When did DTing a "recognized member" become a firing offense?

I'm still confused about it!

In other news, my coworked convinced me that would be able to sell Ghost Recon a week early. I don't know why I believed him but whatever, then I did get confused when he said he was joking. "Wait.. so we aren't selling it a week early or we are :confused: Ironic that I made this thread earlier!

Pike
03-31-2012, 06:15 AM
Okay, so as far as I understand this situation it is:

Vivi22 was a jerk to... someone... and foa DTed him, he threw a fit, she got fired for it? With no explanation? Is that right?

This is not correct, no.

Further discussion on the topic is best to be directed to Feedback, though :monster:

Shlup
03-31-2012, 06:30 AM
If you think the EoFF staff seriously condones firing our members over drunk tanking and then changing their names to something mocking their "firing"... I don't even know. Think about that for a minute. And if you still think that's likely the case, I would love to hear how your opinion of us got that low.

Rantz got drunk and went on a spree. foa apparently only thinks that kind of stuff is funny when she's not the victim. Shit happens.

Poor Pike, trying so hard to keep the madness under control. xD

Freya
03-31-2012, 06:32 AM
So Rantz fired foa? RANTZ :mad2: Not cool brah, not cool.

Shlup
03-31-2012, 06:34 AM
I don't think it counts as a firing if it's a [lame] joke.

Though I'm pretty sure this is somehow BoB's fault.

Freya
03-31-2012, 06:37 AM
If something goes wrong it's BoB's fault? I can get behind that movement.

Shlup
03-31-2012, 06:38 AM
Welcome to Team Shlup, where BoB is always to blame.

Loony BoB
03-31-2012, 10:37 AM
So long as I'm not taking the blame for how bad this likely prank is, I'm okay with Shlup taking this line of thinking.

Pike
03-31-2012, 03:00 PM

WELL IT'S EVERYWHERE AND I KEEP TELLING PEOPLE THAT IT'S NOT WHAT THEY THINK AND THEN NO ONE LISTENS TO ME AND AUGH *breaks down sobbing uncontrollably*

Slothy
03-31-2012, 03:06 PM

WELL IT'S EVERYWHERE AND I KEEP TELLING PEOPLE THAT IT'S NOT WHAT THEY THINK AND THEN NO ONE LISTENS TO ME AND AUGH *breaks down sobbing uncontrollably*

Pike, if there is one thing I regret in all of this, it's flipping out on WK.

If there are two things, then the second is upsetting you. And I say this as someone who rarely feels remorse for anything, and almost never sincerely apologizes for anything.

Pike
03-31-2012, 03:17 PM
Aww thanks Vivi <3 And don't worry too much, I'm just being melodramatic!

AND TO THE REST OF YOU GUYS: This is what happened so now everyone can stop asking in every single thread :mymelbert:

Vivi22 went a bit overboard in a post
foa drunk tanked him and asked staff what we should do
most of staff agreed that drunk tanking was a bit far, but there wasn't any ~*~OMG DRAMA~*~ about it or anything
Rantz was drunk and thought it would be funny to "fire" foa. AS A JOKE.
The rest of staff had no idea what was going on. Most of us assumed it was an April Fool's Thing.
foa was reinstated as a CK once we figured out what was going on
Rantz apologized
foa resigned of her own accord
WK resigned for completely different reasons; he's been talking about it for a month or two.

Are we all clear now? Good! I would also like to kindly direct you all to the date if you want a pretty likely explanation for why the forums are going crazy right now. Now taking bets on which parts of this whole mess are a prank and which aren't. :monster:

Shattered Dreamer
03-31-2012, 04:22 PM
If this did start out as a prank well then it got totally out of hand. Shame on Vivi22 & Rantz :colbert:

Pike
03-31-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm pretty sure foa's in on the prank. Actually I'm starting to think that everyone is in on the prank except me because it's some sort of newbie CK hazing ritual. :hyper:

Anyways let's keep commentary and/or opinions of involved persons to a minimum here, or else I'll have to come in here and put my CK hat back on. DON'T THINK I WON'T

CimminyCricket
03-31-2012, 05:11 PM
The thing that confuses me the most is having my girlfriend be laughing with me about whatever and having her stop to say "I think I'm going to have my period soon" to crying uncontrollably.

Old Manus
03-31-2012, 06:10 PM
Can somebody just link me to the thread where all this scripted melodrama occurred? I've got my popcorn ready (and my 'credits roll' image which was such a hit last time)

Bunny
03-31-2012, 06:48 PM
And what lesson did we learn from this? Admins should never get drunk. You have to act responsibly.