PDA

View Full Version : How Intelligent Are You?

Laddy
04-01-2012, 12:14 AM
How intelligent do you consider yourself to be?

Psychotic
04-01-2012, 01:03 AM
More intelligent than Raistlin, less intelligent than MILF.

Bunny
04-01-2012, 01:16 AM
How are we measuring intelligence?

Freya
04-01-2012, 01:31 AM
I know I'm smarter than most of you but I'm not that smart... so what does that make you guys?

NeoTifa
04-01-2012, 01:59 AM
I'd like to think of myself as being supremely intelligent, however, I am ill-motivated, so it doesn't show up on my transcripts or test scores. :laughing:

Phoenix Rising
04-01-2012, 03:11 AM
I voted "Supremely Intelligent," however I'm also the scariest kind of intelligent, politically intelligent. Now take that and combine it with the fact that I'm highly ambitious, and what do you get?

Ultima Shadow
04-01-2012, 03:25 AM
Guys, guys! I got this awesome idea where you swallow a living chicken and let it lay eggs inside your stomach!

...UNLIMITED FOOD SUPPLY!!! =O

Am I genius or what?

Phoenix Rising
04-01-2012, 03:53 AM
Guys, guys! I got this awesome idea where you swallow a living chicken and let it lay eggs inside your stomach!

...UNLIMITED FOOD SUPPLY!!! =O

Am I genius or what?

Somebody give this man a Nobel Prize, he solved world hunger!

Hollycat
04-01-2012, 04:12 AM
Is this by test scores or how intelligent people on the internet say I am?

Peegee
04-01-2012, 04:21 AM
I'm so smart that the numbers are imaginary.

Shlup_has_burger_nips
04-01-2012, 05:51 AM
On a scale of 1 to 10, damn ​fine

drotato
04-01-2012, 05:56 AM
I know I'm smarter than most of you but I'm not that smart... so what does that make you guys?
This. xD

leader of mortals
04-01-2012, 06:04 AM
I feel bad to call myself supremely intelligent, but I really probably am. I got a 33 on my ACTs, top in my year of High School, I get As and A-s in college, On the last 2 Physics 111 tests, where the class average for the first was about 75 and the average for the second one was about 65, I got 106 and 98, top in the class on both. In Pre-Calc, a friend of mine in the class always jokes about how smart I am, and in Statistics, I got a 95 and a 100 on the two tests, and on the latest test, the grade hasn't come back, but I expect high marks.

Bunny
04-01-2012, 07:09 AM
Hey look, 6 people who think they're smarter than they actually are.

Del Murder
04-01-2012, 07:22 AM
I'm smart enough to know I'm not smarter than everyone else.

Madame Adequate
04-01-2012, 07:43 AM
I have a Master's in killing people so it is probably wise to credit me with supreme intelligence :shobon:

More intelligent than Raistlin, less intelligent than MILF.

You make me blush :jess:

Del Murder
04-01-2012, 08:27 AM
I have a Master's in killing people so it is probably wise to credit me with supreme intelligence :shobon:
You aren't tuh.

Pike
04-01-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm probably pretty average.

Shiny
04-01-2012, 04:57 PM
I feel bad to call myself supremely intelligent, but I really probably am. I got a 33 on my ACTs, top in my year of High School, I get As and A-s in college, On the last 2 Physics 111 tests, where the class average for the first was about 75 and the average for the second one was about 65, I got 106 and 98, top in the class on both. In Pre-Calc, a friend of mine in the class always jokes about how smart I am, and in Statistics, I got a 95 and a 100 on the two tests, and on the latest test, the grade hasn't come back, but I expect high marks.
Pre-Calc and Statistics is easy as fuck. I did well in it and I'm not even particularly good at Math.

I'd say I'm less intelligent than most of the people in the world and more intelligent than most of the people in my family. Definitely more intelligent than my boyfriend whose grammar is close to that of five year old's. His idea of reading consists of looking at pictures.

Raistlin
04-01-2012, 05:08 PM
More intelligent than average, but I don't consider that particularly impressive by itself. I know plenty of people way smarter than me (not Psychotic, who's as dumb as a rock :p). I consider rationality to be much more important, as that involves a choice.

Madame Adequate
04-01-2012, 05:18 PM
You aren't tuh.

He has practical skills. But who do you think turns him and his colleagues into an effective force? Who uses him like a scalpel - or a club, if necessary?

Rantz
04-01-2012, 05:28 PM
You aren't tuh.

He has practical skills. But who do you think turns him and his colleagues into an effective force? Who uses him like a scalpel - or a club, if necessary?

A particularly violent giant?

Psychotic
04-01-2012, 05:29 PM
More intelligent than average, but I don't consider that particularly impressive by itself. I know plenty of people way smarter than me (not Psychotic, who's as dumb as a rock :p). I consider rationality to be much more important, as that involves a choice.This post made me really angry at first. Raistlin, thinking he is smarter than me? The smurf? I was about to type out a really long reply filled with rage. Then I remembered of course, April Fool's Day! Raistlin is a master, a BRIGADIER-GENERAL of pranking the Eyes on FF staff. He very nearly claimed another victim!

Good work champ. *ruffles hair* Maybe one day you'll be as smart as me, eh? I may have to bludgeon myself with that rock first though!

Clo
04-01-2012, 05:48 PM
Why is drool-on-the-shirt dumb not an option? I'm leaning toward that.

Laddy
04-01-2012, 06:02 PM
Why is drool-on-the-shirt dumb not an option? I'm leaning toward that.
I tired to make the options intelligent.

Psychokitty
04-01-2012, 07:10 PM
I'm smart enough to realize I'm an idiot.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-01-2012, 08:02 PM
My theory is that anyone who puts themselves in the highest bracket in any intelligence poll is either egotistical in the extreme, trolling like a boss, or not smart enough to realize that they're outclassed and outgunned by a lot of people. I'm smart enough to feel like I'm around morons most of the time, but also smart enough to realize I'm not necessarily part of the A-team.

NorthernChaosGod
04-01-2012, 10:01 PM
Smart enough to know that most of you fucks will skew the poll. :colbert:

Psychokitty
04-01-2012, 10:24 PM
However, being supremely intelligent does not mean you think you are God's gift to Intelligence. Just that you are very, very smart.

krissy
04-01-2012, 11:28 PM
frick i thoiught psychotic changed his name for a second hello

anyway

my iq is 666

Psychokitty
04-01-2012, 11:31 PM
My IQ is 777.

And no, I'm not Psychotic... Don't insult him/her/it like that.

fire_of_avalon
04-01-2012, 11:36 PM
I'm smart enough to know I'm not smarter than everyone else.

Hollycat
04-01-2012, 11:36 PM
On a scale of 1 to 13 my intelligence ranks Voldemort.

NeoTifa
04-01-2012, 11:59 PM
Soooo.... 0 because you said His name?

Alpha2099
04-02-2012, 12:32 AM
All I know is that I know nothing. Let's leave it at that. :kakapo:

Jessweeee♪
04-02-2012, 01:08 AM
I am dumb as a duck.

Freya
04-02-2012, 01:36 AM
At least you get to wear a cape like Darkwing Duck! :D

Hollycat
04-02-2012, 03:26 AM
At least you get to wear a cape like Darkwing Duck! :D

Nostalgia overload.

Pheesh
04-02-2012, 03:43 AM
Stupid like a FOX! :shifty:

Jinx
04-02-2012, 05:25 AM
Drunk enough that I was about to come in here saying, "Obviously more intelligent than you since you spelled 'intilligent wrong."

Suck.

KentaRawr!
04-02-2012, 11:19 AM
I'm dumb as dirt, as anyone here will tell you. :kakapo:

Quindiana Jones
04-02-2012, 07:03 PM
You aren't tuh.

A particularly violent giant?

That's Dr. Giant to you.

Lone Wolf Leonhart
04-04-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure how to quantify intelligence. Although this topic does bring up a good question.

Here's some random thoughts:

-None of us are that smart considering the amount of information we could potentially know (or information we may never know).

-Some of us feel intelligent based on how we act compared to how people around us act. In other words, I think i'm smarter than people in impoverished neighborhoods who crank out 9 kids.

-Some people think they're smart because they have good grades in school. But I knew some idiots in high school who received good grades. I don't believe parroting back information you've heard or read is a sign of intelligence.

-There's also the difference between how you see yourself and how other people see you. I like to think I'm intelligent. I'm sure some of you think I'm an idiot.

It would seem being "smart" is more than just what you know. It's how you carry yourself. It's the process of how you arrive at decisions. There are a lot of variables.

I'll leave it up to you to guess which answer I picked in the poll.

Peegee
04-04-2012, 03:40 PM
However, being supremely intelligent does not mean you think you are God's gift to Intelligence. Just that you are very, very smart.

hi paul!

Yeargdribble
04-04-2012, 04:04 PM
I'm intelligent enough. I'm better than some people at somethings and notably worse at others. A lot of people mention how intelligent they think I am, but it's probably an issue of poor comparison (to themselves or others). I know a lot of stuff that is less commonly know because I'm nerdy, but that doesn't make me smarter. I just care more about science, truth, and pursuit of knowledge than about Jersey Shore or something. But at the end of the day, what I know doesn't make me smarter than other people. We just have a large knowledge base or perhaps just memory of different information.

My wife and mother both thing I'm very adaptable and learn quickly in situations, but I don't personally feel that this has much scope. I can grasp a basic understanding of certain concepts quickly in a lot of areas, but I'm like molasses at approaching deeper concepts or proficiency. There are also a lot of areas where I'm an absolute idiot on uptake.

I really think those who consider me very intelligent are using some sort of cognitive bias or even a confirmation bias where they remember the worst of other people they've met and compare me to them, or even compare me to worst of themselves rather than realizing my weaknesses.

Also the Dunning-Kruger effect (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning%E2%80%93Kruger_effect) is always heavy on my mind and while I feel like I fall on the high side and I fairly judge my weaknesses, there are areas where I feel pretty good that immediately make me feel like I'm potentially on the low side.

Even as a musician, which is how I make my living, I feel absolutely inadequate and have so many shortcoming compared to the musicians around me that it pains me. I feel like I spend a lot more time working to overcome certain difficulties when others have no trouble with them. My wife feels like I'm better than here, but I'm working at it for hours a day. There are skills she has that she doesn't work on and never has that surpass mine by a long shot. Depressing really.

Mirage
04-05-2012, 11:23 PM
I have an above average IQ rating (where average is 100). It is a while since I got tested, though. No, it was not an internet test.

Also guys, stop mixing knowledge into the topic of intelligence.