PDA

View Full Version : April Fool's, sluts.

fire_of_avalon
04-01-2012, 09:45 PM
So yes, the kerfluffle involving Vivi22, Pontus and myself was all a big put on. But it was a put on for a great purpose. That purpose was to allow, for once, the regular forum users to pull one over on the staff. Or at least get them involved in a trick on staffers.

The sass we saw out of Vivi22 was completely orchestrated and his final post that caused his Drunk Tanking was actually written by me. And it was never posted. I edited it in under the snip. He, however, wrote all of that terrible stuff about me and he did and ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE job. Even following me around to my "new forum" to harass. me.

New forum? What? I'll get to that.

So after that, a drunken and debaucherous Rantzien decided he was completely fed up with me, my bossiness and my shoot first and ask questions later mentality and kicked me out of staff. He also changed my name to something outrageous and hurtful (fired_of_avalon? Genius.) He also did an ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE JOB, including keeping me abreast of what was happening while I was "gone."

And then, the regulars. The vast majority of the people posting in response to my departure were in on it the whole time. They knew exactly what was going on and they were pretty excited to create bedlam (or the internet forums version of bedlam anyway) for all of the staff and the forum-goers who weren't informed. After that, they were supposed to have a mass exodus but that didn't quite pan out. Even so, it was pretty funny. Again, ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE JOB guys!

All I did was pitch a fit and make everyone mad - I've been doing that for so long you can't even call it a talent. More like a habit.

So that's it. Some people figured it out but it was still fun while it lasted. If you're a little pissed off then I'm sorry commensurate to the amount you're pissed. Unless you're REALLY pissed. Then I would advise you develop a sense of humor.

Rantzien re-knighted me today. I have no intentions of vacating unless my fellow staff decide they hate my guts and kick me out forever. If they do that, then at least I know I always have somewhere to go. (http://z13.invisionfree.com/Eyes_On_foas_Fantasy/index.php?act=idx)

Hollycat
04-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Guess who is getting fire ants in the mail.

Edit: you stink at April Fools.

Clo
04-01-2012, 09:51 PM
Eh.

Loony BoB
04-01-2012, 09:56 PM
I'm so angry about all this that I'm going to get really drunk over it, and I'm gonna demote foa, too! Darn tootin'.

NorthernChaosGod
04-01-2012, 10:04 PM
Your forum sounds sexy.

Raistlin
04-01-2012, 10:05 PM
Vivi's posts insulting WK were the best part (next to fired_of_avalon). I agree he did a good job; it was built up well and I thought he was just screwing around at first. I also enjoyed the majority of the staff's confusion.

The prank needed more Del, but was still entertaining.

Rantz
04-01-2012, 10:18 PM
Well I sure had fun! I didn't realise before this prank though, how terrible I am at acting drunk.

Sephex
04-01-2012, 10:44 PM
But...but I'm not a slut!

NeoCracker
04-01-2012, 10:52 PM
I had to restrain myself from going on about 4 or 5 different rants I'd worked out, since perhaps they would have went a bit to far. :p

But the trolling was amusing while it lasted.

I Took the Red Pill
04-01-2012, 10:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/yDYHp.jpg

I Don't Need A Name
04-01-2012, 11:03 PM
Yeah, I did wonder why no one buggered off. Ahh well, good times!

Peegee
04-01-2012, 11:06 PM
it's not a fun apr fools if you have to explain it.

krissy
04-01-2012, 11:12 PM
can everyone go back to the FOA 'goodbye' thread and read the first letter of each sentence in my first post

thank you

i tried really hard

Slothy
04-01-2012, 11:14 PM
Vivi's posts insulting WK were the best part (next to fired_of_avalon). I agree he did a good job; it was built up well and I thought he was just screwing around at first. I also enjoyed the majority of the staff's confusion.

I was actually a bit concerned about that since I made an initial dig at him and he never responded. Then I figured I'd take every chance I got to dig into him a bit. And he still never responded. So then we just manufactured the post to get me drunk tanked, which admittedly we were going to do anyway. I was kind of worried I wouldn't be convincing enough since most of those posts were pretty out of character for me. Hell, some of the things I said, particularly about FFXIII to try and goad a reaction out of WK made my skin crawl.

But still, it was quite a lot of fun to get to insult FOA left and right without fear of reprisal. Though I do actually love FOA 99% of the time and meant none of it. But hey, if I'm going to be a bridesmaid (gentleman?) in my sisters wedding next year then it's good practice for tapping into my inner bitch.

NeoTifa
04-01-2012, 11:18 PM
Gaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

I Took the Red Pill
04-01-2012, 11:20 PM
can everyone go back to the FOA 'goodbye' thread and read the first letter of each sentence in my first post

thank you

i tried really hardmagnificent 5-stars would read again

Bunny
04-01-2012, 11:58 PM
I am shocked.

SHOCKED

Del Murder
04-02-2012, 01:21 AM
For a prank I had nothing to do with, it was decent. A bit amateur with the fake drama thing, but not bad for your first effort. Too bad it had to kill poor Jiro, though. Next time let the people who are stressing out the most in on it. See: The Captain in 2005.

I could tell Vivi22 and foa were joking, but I didn't know it was all planned and connected. Good job on planning that all out! Especially Vivi's turn on WK.

At first I played along with it but then Psychotic said we should turn it around on them, so we quickly tried to get some new CKs promoted to replace the fallen. But Rantz/foa had to go with their big reveal too early and we didn't have time to do it. The new CKs were going to be: Raistlin, Freya, and HC and for one day they would have been full Cid's Knights with Staff Forum access and all abilities. Too bad.

This is like a mafia game with a secret forum and everything!

Freya
04-02-2012, 01:30 AM
So I'd only ever be a CK as a joke? Gutted!

I thought I played my confused forum goer well. :jess: Poor Dak though, that boy went cray cray again.

fire_of_avalon
04-02-2012, 01:36 AM
Paul called it from go and said he'd stay out of it. Shows me for trusting that.

NeoCracker
04-02-2012, 01:39 AM
I was still kind of sad the only one who suggested I might be in on the Joke was BoB, and even then he wasn't that sure. Apparently me being a dick was just expected. :p

Goldenboko
04-02-2012, 01:42 AM
Eh.

Del Murder
04-02-2012, 01:43 AM
Actually we were looking for someone to replace each member who was leaving. We needed a sassy female to replace foa, an obnoxious know-it-all to replace WK, and a joke to replace Rantzien.

Phoenix Rising
04-02-2012, 01:44 AM
I haven't had any pranks pulled on me today, nor have I pulled any on other people. In fact the only thing that has happened related to April Fools Day for me was seeing YouTube's new thing, which is hilarious.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y_UmWdcTrrc

Agent Proto
04-02-2012, 01:49 AM
I knew about this joke because I received a PM from foa prior to the start of this joke. I chose not to get myself involved because I was too busy doing my own thing that had nothing to do with April's Fool or this. I thought it was well executed, but fairly obvious as to what it was. It might've been fun if I decided to take part.

krissy
04-02-2012, 01:51 AM
We needed a sassy female to replace foa,

I ASKED TO TAKE HER JOB DIDN'T I

edit: i was just going to drunk tank mostly everyone
mostly

Freya
04-02-2012, 01:53 AM
Nice save Del. I did like how DD came back because of Jiro's crazyness though. The jesus stuff made me laugh. But after that it was ehhhh

Raistlin
04-02-2012, 01:58 AM
Actually we were looking for someone to replace each member who was leaving. We needed a sassy female to replace foa, an obnoxious know-it-all to replace WK, and a joke to replace Rantzien.

I was going to comment on the rather transparent attempt to try to make us feel disappointed, but that is funny.

Also, krissy for CK!

NorthernChaosGod
04-02-2012, 03:11 AM

I was going to cry about not even being considered for CK as a joke, but that more than makes up for it. <3

Pike
04-02-2012, 05:23 AM
I love you foa.

And Vivi

And Rantz

And everyone else who was in on this.

That new forum was a great touch, although I kept wanting to say something about "So, what, exactly, is this foa's fantasy that we have our eyes on?"

Shattered Dreamer
04-02-2012, 03:19 PM
This was fairly hilarious I won't lie :lol:

Peegee
04-02-2012, 03:32 PM
For a prank I had nothing to do with, it was decent. A bit amateur with the fake drama thing, but not bad for your first effort. Too bad it had to kill poor Jiro, though. Next time let the people who are stressing out the most in on it. See: The Captain in 2005.

I could tell Vivi22 and foa were joking, but I didn't know it was all planned and connected. Good job on planning that all out! Especially Vivi's turn on WK.

At first I played along with it but then Psychotic said we should turn it around on them, so we quickly tried to get some new CKs promoted to replace the fallen. But Rantz/foa had to go with their big reveal too early and we didn't have time to do it. The new CKs were going to be: Raistlin, Freya, and HC and for one day they would have been full Cid's Knights with Staff Forum access and all abilities. Too bad.

This is like a mafia game with a secret forum and everything!

Also Aika. You drove her crazy and had to ban her instead of drunk tanking her :(

Del Murder
04-02-2012, 04:22 PM
Well that was by design.

Peegee
04-02-2012, 04:26 PM
I....

wow.

Pike
04-02-2012, 09:14 PM
About halfway through the shenanigans someone (not telling who :monster: ) spilled the beans and told me about the joke in private. I decided to continue acting confused in the event that maybe someone would find my antics funny and not pathetic. I think I failed. Oh well.

Freya
04-02-2012, 09:20 PM
No one could keep a secret could they :colbert:

Del Murder
04-02-2012, 09:41 PM
I think half the staff figured it out right away, and the other half was told about it midway. Which makes poor Jiro the only victim. :(

Jiro
04-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Happy to have been the single successful prankee.

Madame Adequate
04-02-2012, 09:46 PM
Just according to keikaku*

*Note: Keikaku means plan.

Pike
04-02-2012, 10:03 PM
Don't worry Jiro most of us flailing around and being confused together was in fact legitimate. xD

Shlup
04-02-2012, 10:48 PM
I think all of us thought Vivi being a dick was odd but didn't think it was a prank. I think the vast majority of us thought you were just having an off day when you drunk tanked him. But when you made a drama-y thread and refused to accept Rantz's apology and were all "I will not be made a joke of! I have no sense of humor!" no one was buying it. Except Pike and Jiro. xD

I was still kind of sad the only one who suggested I might be in on the Joke was BoB, and even then he wasn't that sure. Apparently me being a dick was just expected. :p

Only BoB said anything because the rest of us were trying not to spoil their prank. BoB is so cold hearted...

Peegee
04-02-2012, 10:50 PM
About halfway through the shenanigans someone (not telling who :monster: ) spilled the beans and told me about the joke in private. I decided to continue acting confused in the event that maybe someone would find my antics funny and not pathetic. I think I failed. Oh well.

it wasn't me. although when piku said what she could say (silly CK code of silence) it confirmed the plan was afoot.

Pike
04-03-2012, 12:03 AM
Except Pike and Jiro. xD

PIKE AND JIRO, BROS FOR LIFE

P.S. Vivi you play a great villain.

Slothy
04-03-2012, 12:41 AM
P.S. Vivi you play a great villain.

Like I told FOA, I come from a family of assholes who can hold a grudge, and when angry I'm my mother's son. I didn't have to dig too deep into the experience well to find my inner jerk. :p

Shiny
04-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Even though I knew you and Rantzien were in on it -- mostly because I was not impressed by Pom Pom's acting. Pontus would never say some of the things he did. He's just too friggin' nice -- I thought it was a good prank. All in all, amusing prank and seemingly well-planned out. I feel bad for Jiro though. Home skillet :/

Oh and for Vivi at first I really thought he was randomly being a dick to Kanno until I realize he was in on a larger scheme of things, so kudos for the set-up.

Now let's knight Raistlin, Miriel, DK, Freya, and HC.

The Man
04-03-2012, 03:54 AM
I was in on this and was intending to participate, but it exploded while I was away and by the time I got back things had already gone so fa that I didn't think anything I could add would actually add to the effect at all. It was pretty funny to watch knowing what was actually going on, though.

Del Murder
04-03-2012, 03:59 AM
So in other words, you couldn't be arsed to participate?

Jiro
04-03-2012, 09:22 AM
Even I am disappointed in you for that, The Man. Shame on you for being too lazy. Even I managed to find a way to twist my insanity to the propagation of the prank! Mucho gracias to the secret and kind informer who relieved my confusion and concern though.

Loony BoB
04-03-2012, 12:10 PM
Only BoB said anything because the rest of us were trying not to spoil their prank. BoB is so cold hearted...
I feel nothing.

NeoCracker
04-03-2012, 08:23 PM
I feel nothing.

One day I shall melt that icy heart. :love:

The Man
04-04-2012, 12:42 AM
It wasn't so much that I was lazy as that I had no inspiration. If I had been able to think of anything worth posting, I would have. However I was p. sleep deprived and my sense of humour was suspect at best.

Del Murder
04-04-2012, 03:50 AM
Thanks for that explanation. I am p. satisfied with it.

CimminyCricket
04-04-2012, 04:56 AM
I'm with The Man, I took a short break after participating and then everything just shot off into the sky before I had any clue what the hell was going on. You all are really good at hating each other. xD

Old Manus
04-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Your fatal mistake was this BIG REVEAL thread. You should have just suddenly reverted back to normal and acted like nothing happened. Like I do whenever I have the misfortune to hear a speech by George Galloway.

fire_of_avalon
04-05-2012, 04:37 AM
I think you're right, Manus, but it just doesn't seem EoFFy and kitsch enough without drawing attention to it.

Pike
04-05-2012, 05:18 AM
Ahahaha guys can you imagine if foa and the others had somehow managed to draw this out for a few days after April 1 until everyone thought it was actually serious?

Hollycat
04-05-2012, 05:24 AM
I don't think foa would remember to pretend to be pissed for that long, Of course then again, we are talking about EoFF's badass...

Del Murder
04-05-2012, 05:26 AM
I wish they would have. :( Then we could have knighted Raist/HC/DK/Miriel/Freya/Bubbaforever/MILF instead of getting these boring old people back.

Hollycat
04-05-2012, 05:30 AM
Yeah, like you would actually knight me. That's as likely as me going a month without telling a lie online. Or mentioning the hammer.

Freya
04-05-2012, 05:42 AM
That list just keeps getting longer and longer del. It seems you'd have the whole forum knighted if it was up to you!

NorthernChaosGod
04-05-2012, 05:44 AM
And somehow I'd still be left off the list. :(

Agent Proto
04-05-2012, 05:45 AM
Don't worry. I'm not on that list either. :(

Jinx
04-05-2012, 02:42 PM
If everyone's a Knight, no one's a Knight.

krissy
04-05-2012, 03:39 PM
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE, MCCLOUD

Shattered Dreamer
04-05-2012, 04:02 PM

The Man
04-05-2012, 09:10 PM

Peegee
04-05-2012, 09:31 PM
According to the laws of anarchy, if we were all knighted there will be peace in eoff.

Jiro
04-08-2012, 04:44 AM
Administrators would still have all the power, so all you would be doing is removing the "lower class"