PDA

View Full Version : White Knight Chronicles

Hollycat
04-02-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm just starting this, but it has a very in depth story and oh my god it looks amazing. It's more like watching an animated movie than playing a game.

Discuss WK1 and WK2
http://inthegame.nl/wp-content/gallery/ps3-wallpapers-25022010/white-knight-chronicles-wallpaper-1920-x-1080.jpg

Bolivar
04-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Loved wkc1 although it is a very flawed game. After FFXIII it was a relief to play a game where you can roam and talk to people in towns, buy weapons and armor in those towns, fight baddies in sprawling open fields outside of towns, and deeply customize your characters before going back to the town.

But the combat becomes repetitive and the story never kicks it up to 11 with any crazy scenarios or anything. Multiplayer was a lot of fun though and the town building/resource gathering can be addicting. I look forward to wkc2 when it hits the bargain bin although I heard it hasn't fixed the issues.

DMKA
04-06-2012, 09:50 PM
I would play it if it didn't use those terrible anime character designs.

Same thing with every other JRPG that isn't FFXIII/FFXIII-2 so far this gen. It drives me nuts too because I really like JRPGs, I just can't stand that...look.

NeoCracker
04-07-2012, 02:42 PM
I really love the story in WK1, but on the same note I don't mind a game that sets up for a sequel. WK1 is very much the even that starts everything, more so then when things go insane.

I absolutely love Shipur, from the first moment you see him in White Knight 1 he was my favorite villain.

Though I must give credit to Belcantine for his old fashion mustache twirling ways.

*Devore*
04-12-2012, 02:19 PM
Good game, I like the huge world and the character customization. I didnt like the fact that your own player didnt have his own knight, that definitely made me play with him less which in turn made him less useful when you use him online. But they've corrected that for the second game which is cool.

I also felt that the story was really short for a JRPG and since they are selling 1 and 2 together, it makes me feel like it possibly should have been one game but for some reason they decided to cut it in half.