PDA

View Full Version : Tornado Season!

Freya
04-03-2012, 10:54 PM
It's tornado season here in the tornado alley! I had lots of hail to day but about twwo-three hours south of me, if you didn't know, is Dallas. And they did have tornados!

NTjR91JC850

It hit a trucking company and semis went flying! Crazy! They had such bad hail damage they shut down DFW which is Dallas's international airport that is a major hub in this country. My dad was suppose to be flying in to OKC but with DFW being closed all over the country flights are being delayed. Who knows when he'll get home!

I've been around quite a few tornadoes now and I still look at them in awe and wonder. They are just so cool! They don't scare me. They excite me! I love severe weather! Rain, Thunderstorms, hailstorms, tornadoes, blizzards! It's just crazy what nature can do. I've never been in a hurricane or near one though. I like to just stand on my porch and listen to the rain/thunder/hail. Its' kind of soothing and exhilarating at the same time!

What's your opinion on severe weather? Have you ever been in some kind of severe weather that you have a story about? If so SHARE!

Sephex
04-03-2012, 11:37 PM
I just saw that clip on the world news just a minute ago. Very scary stuff.

While tornadoes have touched down in my general area, nothing serious has happened in ages. Of course, this means I am going to get hit by a tornado since I am posting this. BRING IT ON!!

Bubba
04-03-2012, 11:52 PM
That footage is awesome. It would be pretty cool to live somewhere that extreme. Unfortunately I live in Northern England. The most extreme thing in my neighbourhood is Crazy Clive who walks down the street wearing his dressing gown with his ferret on a lead.

We had a stiff breeze today... our weather is so boring.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-04-2012, 01:36 AM
I was stationed at Barksdale AFB in Louisiana. My job was weather forecasting and observing for several of the bases in tornado alley.

Severe weather days made a 12 hour shift go by in a blink.

NeoTifa
04-04-2012, 02:14 AM
Ohio gets to be pretty intense if I do say so myself. I am personally deathly afraid of tornadoes.

Peegee
04-04-2012, 03:31 PM
The closest thing was going to hong kong and getting weather warnings, but no actual hurricanes :(

I'm the type of dummy who will probably try to walk right up to a tornado, or at least as close as it is safe - don't want cars and trees and small animals crashing into me at 100 mph !

NeoTifa
04-04-2012, 06:38 PM
So like 10 miles? Also, small animals aren't okay, but large ones are?

Pike
04-04-2012, 06:43 PM
All we get here in Montana is cold and snow.

EDIT: And giant hail.

Shattered Dreamer
04-04-2012, 07:48 PM
I'm from the West of Ireland, it raining 300 days out of the year practically. But on the bright side we don't get tornadoes :bigsmile:

Chris
04-05-2012, 01:29 PM
I have a lot of experience with monsoons, but not tornados. Monsoons can be devastating, but not nearly as destructive as an F5.

Raistlin
04-05-2012, 03:39 PM
I used to live in Colorado when I was a young kid, and we had a bunch of tornadoes in the summers. I vividly remember watching the news and keeping alert to know if there was a touch down in our area, so we could run to the basement. I learned to love thunderstorms. Lightning and tornadoes are just amazingly cool.

Thankfully, my house never got hit, but I had friends who were affected. One had his entire back porch destroyed by a tornado that got too close to his house.

Peegee
04-05-2012, 06:54 PM
So like 10 miles? Also, small animals aren't okay, but large ones are?

i'm going to crash into you at 100 mph if you don't behave >:D