PDA

View Full Version : Games You Have Multiple Copies Of

Pike
04-04-2012, 04:41 AM
As of a couple days ago I have straight up paid for three different versions of Sonic the Hedgehog 1 through 3&K. That doesn't count the emulated versions that I also have.

What's the most you own of one single game?

DMKA
04-04-2012, 05:08 AM
If it counts, I have both physical and digital copies of FFVII and FFVIII. I also own Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 as the original PS2 games, and in the HD collection. And then I have the regular and special editions of Final Fantasy XIII-2.

That's about it though.

krissy
04-04-2012, 05:26 AM
Beyond Good & Evil, 1 PC, 1 PS2

FF7, 1 PC, 1 PS1

Kaspian69
04-04-2012, 06:16 AM
Probably just FFIV and FFVI.

VeloZer0
04-04-2012, 06:44 AM
FFT, paid for 5 times.
Two for the PSX version (scratched CD) and once more for the PSN version
Once for a physical copy of WotL then once for a digital copy once I lost the UMD

FF7, FF9, Xenogears, Chrono Cross
Original Game + PSN

Mega Man X: Maverick Hunter (PSP) Twice
Once on UMD and then another digital copy after I lost it with my copy of FFT:WotL

Mirage
04-04-2012, 11:35 AM
Two copies of Soul Calibur 2, one of them is broken.
Two copies of Final Fantasy 5 (Anthology and super famicom cartridge)
Two copies of Final Fantasy 6 (Anthology and super famicom cartridge)
Three copes of Final fantasy 7 (PC, PS1, PSN)
Three copies of FF8 (PC, PS1, PSN)
Two copies of FF9 (PS1, PSN)
Two copies of MGS2 (PS2, HD version on PS3)
Two copies of MGS3 (PS2, HD version on PS3 )
Two copies of MGS1 (PS1, TTS version on GC)

That's all, I guess, until they release FFX and the ZoE collection on PS3.

-edit-
Oh hey, I have Tekken 5 on PS2, and Tekken 5 Dark Resurrection on PS3. I guess that kinda counts too.

I Took the Red Pill
04-04-2012, 08:22 PM
I have somehow ended up with 1 copy of the original Halo 3 and 2 copies of Halo 3: ODST without ever buying any of them. :confused:

I also own two copies of Fester's Quest for NES; that, however, was no accident.

Sephex
04-05-2012, 12:22 AM
Various copies of old NES, SNES, and Genesis games if we are counting collection discs and official downloads through various services. There is no way I am going to try to list them all, but I will name series.

*Super Mario
*Sonic
*Mega Man
*Mega Man X
*Metroid
*Shining Force
*Earthworm Jim
*Chrono Series
*Final Fantasy
*Metal Gear?!

Rostum
04-05-2012, 01:15 AM
I ended up with two copies of Chrono Cross because back in 2003 or so I was very naive in the way of eBay and basically ended up buying two copies. One of them came with a cracked cover... So I never bothered trying to re-sell it.

I also have two copies of Final Fantasy XI. Back in 2004 I had Jen ship it to me all the way from California! Then after awhile I took a break from the game and when I came back I could not find it for the life of me. So I bought a new copy, and then later on found the old copy. So now, two!

edczxcvbnm
04-05-2012, 02:37 AM
Chrono Trigger
Ico/Shadow of the Colossus (original and PS3 version =P)
Super Mario Bros for the NES
Super Mario World (SNES and GBA)
Metal Gear Solid 3 (Original and Substinance)
Ninja Gaiden (XBox and Sigma)
Ninja Gaiden II (NES and SNES Trilogy)
Metal Gear (NES and MGS3 Substinance)
FFVII (PSX and PC versions)

There are probably some others lurking about but they are not coming to mind. I have also bought the same game multiple times because I lost a copy and this mainly relates to old as shit PC games that I got as a part of some pack on steam.

JKTrix
04-05-2012, 02:37 PM
I mostly have multiple copies of Fighting games. 3 copies of DOA Ultimate, two copies of Smash Brawl, two copies of SoulCalibur 3, and the JP and US versions of Tatsunoko vs Capcom (though they are a little different). The rest are different versions for different systems, like all 3 SoulCalibur 2s, Capcom vs SNK 2, Virtua Fighter 5, SoulCalibur 4, Street Fighter 4, that kind of stuff. I have a US and Japanese Special Edition copy of Zone of the Enders 2, US and Japanese copies of Rhythm Heaven DS, two copies of Vanilla Persona 3 (+I have FES), and two copies of Daigasso Band Brothers DX.

And that's just counting physical copies. Not even gonna get into digitals!

Loony BoB
04-05-2012, 07:32 PM
Paid for copies? I have at least two of FFVII - PSN digital version and PS1 disc version. I may have another PS1 copy in NZ, so possible three for it. I also have a PS1 disc version of FFVIII, and the digital version off of PSN.

I also have two copies of Warzone 2100 - PS1 version and PC version.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Tetris. I have bought more copies of Tetris than I know what to do with. Every phone either my wife or I has ever owned (even when we were dating. I used to buy the game and give her money for it because my phones battery lasted like three seconds.) NES, Gameboy... actually, screw listing all this. It's a lot, probably 20 copies or so over my life in some iteration.

I've got 3 copies of FFVII and FFVIII. 2 Hardcopy PSX versions, 1 PSN each. My neighbor scratched up my disc 1 for VIII so I bought a new copy, FFVII was a minor freakout induced by my father. I was in middle school and looking at his records, and he told me how he had to buy an extra copy of Darkside of the Moon because he played the first so much it wore out. I then became convinced I was going to wear out FFVII when i was 30 and never be able to find another copy to play it again.

FF Tactics x2 (PSX, War of the Lions)
FF X 3 (NES, PSP, Origins set)
FFVI x 2 (Anthology, PS3)
FFV x 2 (Anthology, PS3)
FFIX x 2 (PSX, PS3)
Comix Zone x3 (Genesis, PSP Genesis comp, and PS3)
Costume Quest (360, PS3. Bought it for Xbox, forgot that I bought it for Xbox because I never play the bugger, rebought it for PS3)

I'm sure there are a boat load of others, mostly retro games that I have copies of in Atari collections or Genesis compilations etc.

Værn
04-06-2012, 03:02 PM
3 copies of 2 Zelda games, if you count Wii Virtual Console.

The Ocarina of Time
N64
GameCube (+Master Quest, from Wind Waker pre-order)
Wii Virtual Console (Not entirely sure why my brothers decided to buy and download it, since Wii can play GameCube games...)

A Link to the Past
SNES (I no longer have an SNES, so it's probably in a box in the attic if I still have it)
Gameboy Advance (It keeps vanishing and reappearing, but I know it's still around here somewhere...)
Wii Virtual Console

Wolf Kanno
04-06-2012, 06:02 PM
Probably FFVI is the most. I have the SNES copy, the Anthologies versions, the FFVI Advanced for GBA, and I have the Super Famicom version as well as an emulation version.

FFIV - SNES versions, FFChronicles version, FFIV Advanced, and FFIV DS.

Persona 3, I have the original versions that came with the art book and soundtrack, the P3:FES, and Persona 3 Portable.

Chrono Trigger - SNES version, FFChronicles version, and DS port.

There are a few others I have multiple copies of but I'm not in the mood to list them if they are under three formats.

Roto13
04-09-2012, 02:37 PM
I have so many games multiple times.

Metal Gear Solid 2 and 3 - Might not count. I bought the PS2 versions of 2 and 3. Then recently I got the HD Collection for PS3 and Snake Eater 3D, but those two were press copies so I didn't actually pay for them.

Sonic Adventure 1 - Dreamcast, GameCube, and PS3 (for review) and I DIDN'T LIKE IT ANY OF THOSE TIMES

Assassin's Creed - The original version and the one that game with Revelations.

Animal Crossing and The Sims Bustin' Out - I don't know where my extra copies of these even came from. There are two of each on my shelf.

Tons of Mega Man games - Mega Man Anniversary Collection and Virtual Console.

Ocarina of Time - N64, Master Quest GameCube disc, Zelda Collector's Edition GameCube disc, Virtual Console version, and 3DS version.

Spider-Man 2 - I bought it for PS2 then moved and left my PS2 with my parents and bought the GameCube version on a whim for a few bucks.

Genesis Sonic games - Genesis versions, Sonic Mega Collection on GameCube, Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection.

Final Fantasy VI - Virtual Console and titty Anthology.

Final Fantasy IV - GBA and titty Chronicles.

Chrono Trigger - Virtual Console and titty Chronicles.

Zelda 1 and 2 - NES cartridges, Zelda Collector's Edition, and 3DS Ambassador Program games.

Kirby's Adventure - Virtual Console, NES, and 3D Classics.

Link to the Past - SNES, GBA, and Virtual Console.

Comix Zone, Dynamite Headdy and Columns - Genesis cart, Ultimate Genesis Collection, Virtual Console

Super Mario 64 - Virtual Console, N64, and DS

Majora's Mask - N64, Virtual Console, Zelda Collector's Edition (and hopefully 3DS someday)

Mario Kart 64 and Paper Mario - Virtual Console, N64

Rayman 3 - GameCube, then HD version (another one that was a review copy though)

Donkey Kong '94, Super Mario Land 1 and 2, Link's Awakening, Alleyway, Kirby's Dream Land - Game Boy, Virtual Console. (In the case of Link's Awakening, both the original and DX versions as physical carts and the DX version on Virtual Console.)

There's a bunch more, too.

Pike
04-09-2012, 03:23 PM
Roto bro I haven't seen you in like a million years

Also I think you win the thread with that list!

Del Murder
04-11-2012, 10:42 PM
I think it's FFIV only because there's so many damn versions of that game and I played them all.

But when I was a kid we had Super Mario Bros., Duck Hunt, and the combined Super Mario Bros./Duck Hunt cartridge for some reason.