PDA

View Full Version : It's official, VI is now my favorite FF

Final Fantasy Rookie
04-05-2012, 06:51 AM
To think I've only recently purchased this game just last week! 45 hours into a brand new game, for me, is not the norm, I've been driven by VI to do as much as possible or as much as I can. I have yet to take out Kefka or reach his tower, as I have been leveling up enough for the final battle and teaching party members magic spells, along with finishing some side quests. There are some very emotional moments in the game but one them that will always stand out for me will be the opera scene (Maria and Draco or something like that), which I honestly was so mesmerized by it. For something that's originally out of a SNES game, that scene really stood out for me and struck a cord. There are no graphics, there are no voices, and yet, it had a very powerful impact, so much, I Youtubed videos about it and like what I saw, including a remake with actual orchestra and voices. A long with Terra's theme, this piece of music is essentially the theme to VI or at least epitomizes it, to say the least.

I can definitely say this by my favorite entry in the franchise so far. Move over X and IX because VI has taken over. Do not underestimate of my appreciation for this game, thanks to VI, most definitely I'll be looking forward to the more old-school variety of the Final Fantasy franchise more than ever. I was surprised how much I like this game more than the recent titles. My only issue is the lack of character interaction after the Blackjack and the fact I accidentally lead Shadow to his death by jumping from the floating continent way too early (how the hell was I suppose to know I had to wait when you're being freaking timed!:roll2). Jesus, I feel embarrassed to have killed off one of the more interesting characters in the game. But yeah, it's been a heck of ride and see myself beating the game in a couple of weeks or a month from now. Really, I've like what I've seen and can wait to try Final Fantasy IV after this.

Mirage
04-05-2012, 08:36 AM
Here's another hint.

Wait.
You absolutely have to wait.

You'll know what I'm talking about when you get there. If you have to ask yourself "is this what he meant when he said wait, i'm not sure", that's not the thing I'm talking about. You will definitely know exactly when it is, and not have to wonder if it's the right part or not. You'll know it.

:(

Alpha2099
04-06-2012, 02:56 AM
FF6 is one of my favorites. Fantastic game all-around. Very deep for a 16-bit title.

Final Fantasy Rookie
04-06-2012, 06:47 AM
Here's another hint.

Wait.
You absolutely have to wait.

You'll know what I'm talking about when you get there. If you have to ask yourself "is this what he meant when he said wait, i'm not sure", that's not the thing I'm talking about. You will definitely know exactly when it is, and not have to wonder if it's the right part or not. You'll know it.

:(
:kakapo:

Okay, I'm going to admit that I lied. I DID know I was suppose to wait because I YouTubed it on a FFVI walkthrough. I just didn't know jumping before Shadow arrived meant permanent DEATH for him. Boy did I feel like a jackass for doing that.

Sephex
04-06-2012, 07:36 PM
Though VI isn't my favorite one, I always love it when I see a newcomer to the game fall in love with it. It gives me a warm feeling inside. It must feel that same to how a moogle feels when he jams a spear through a monster's throat. That's what love is.

Wolf Kanno
04-07-2012, 05:06 AM
I'm glad to hear you love it. I hope you also enjoy the rest of the 8-bit and 16-bit entries as well. I've been wondering if Dissidia would be a good gateway into the older titles and I'm glad to hear that seems to be the case. :ffvising:

Greatermaximus
04-10-2012, 09:32 PM
While many aspects of the final fantasies and/or fiction's in general fall within a limit, FFVI had the advantage of fleshing out it's characters.

Imagine roaming anything like Hyrule, Reach, Russian Surface, Earth, Esper's World, and other locations without people to care about good and/or bad.

FFVI. Well-written hero characters to save the day against villians with class.

TaylorS
04-12-2012, 05:14 AM
YAY, another FF6 lover! :D

The line about no graphics cracked me up. I got the game right after it came out for SNES in 1994 and it's graphics and music were phenomenal for the time. The game sparked my love for everything steampunk.

This is probably by 6th or 7th play through and it is certainly my fastest. I'm at just over 32 hours, with an average character level of 60 and I'm just about to attack Kefka's tower.

Alpha2099
04-12-2012, 06:35 PM
The music is one of the things I love most about the game. For 16-bit, it sounds amazing.

Reaca
04-13-2012, 03:28 AM
I actually just beat FFVI again recently, and it reminded me how much I love the game. The music, after listening to it again, is now my favorite soundtrack in the series. Also, the graphics are amazing, especially for it's time, IMO. I also love the amount of customization options you have with who's in your party at the end of the game. My favorite party is Terra, Locke, Sabin, and Shadow.

Alpha2099
04-13-2012, 04:52 PM
I think, when I beat the game for the first time (which is almost 8 years ago now), I used Cyan, Celes, Sabin, and Edgar. I also farmed Economizers which took virtually any challenge out of the final dungeon.

Spooniest
04-14-2012, 08:35 AM
My first playthrough, I didn't wait for Shadow. I remember very little else about it.

Mirage
04-15-2012, 01:27 PM
I didn't either. :(