PDA

View Full Version : Kid Icarus Uprising is awesome and you should play it

Roto13
04-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Why aren't you people talking about this great game?

I wasn't going to buy this right away, but I read a bunch of positive impressions so I picked it up. I'm glad I did, because it's phenomenal. The best original game on the 3DS.

It's definitely a Masahiro Sakurai game. It's unique and a lot of fun once you learn how to play. Levels are broken into two phases: Sin & Punishment style air battles and ground sections. The ground sections take some getting used to, but once the controls click, they're great. You control your aim and the camera with the touch screen, flicking the stylus to spin and stop the camera like a globe. Sakurai compared it to Smash Bros., in that nobody knew how to play it right away, but once they spent some time with it, it was unlike anything they'd played before.

There's TONS of content, too. Hundreds of weapons, achievement-style objectives for unlocks (like in Smash Bros. Brawl), online multiplayer that works really well, special abilities, 400+ collectible "Idols", adjustable difficulty settings, streetpass and spotpass features for getting new weapons, a weapon fusing system that allows you to mix your existing weapons into new ones that inheret their special abilities (like randomly poisoning enemies or increasing running speed), and more. You're free to set the difficulty level before each stage, between 0.0 and 9.0. Higher difficulties mean enemies are more aggressive and you take more damage, but you also find more powerful gear and more hearts to be spent in the in-game shop.

Anyway, I can't be the only person here who's playing this game.

ljkkjlcm9
04-09-2012, 10:07 PM
I love this game. And while the controls on the ground take some getting used to... I have found that if i can get through the air part without dying i can beat the ground part on any difficulty. Even the multiplayer of this game is awesome. Also the fact that the characters make jokes and light fun of themselves and the game is entertaining. This game alone makes a 3ds worthwhile.

THE JACKEL

GhandiOwnsYou
04-10-2012, 12:02 AM
I don't own a 3DS, but I am sorely tempted to get one just for this game. I was an absolute addict to Kid Icarus on the original GameBoy. I was convinced I would never see the little sprites return. Glad to see his comeback is being given good marks.

Sephex
04-10-2012, 02:28 AM
I plan on picking this one up eventually. Just haven't had time on top of other games and other real life shenanigans.

JKTrix
04-10-2012, 02:51 AM
Approved.

SuperMillionaire
04-12-2012, 07:33 PM
Did you know that Ali Hillis (aka Lightning XIII) is the voice of Palutena in this game?

Roto13
04-13-2012, 01:29 AM
I like Palutena in this. She lies like constantly, just to mess with Pit. We'd be BFFs.