PDA

View Full Version : EoFF RPG Party!

Laddy
04-10-2012, 05:27 AM
If EoFF was an RPG, who would be the party in it?

Jiro: Young energetic swordsman protagonist!
Freya: Spear-using fighter-healer badass chick!
Del Murder: Axe-wielding badass tank with mysterious past!
Pike: Smart staff-wielding mage chick!
Laddy: Rapier-wielding half/fighter half/mage filler guy!
PG: Comic relief wizard with laughably giant hammer!

It would pwn.

Pike
04-10-2012, 05:57 AM
I would play this. Somebody needs to use RPG Maker and make this.

NeoTifa
04-10-2012, 06:03 AM
And what, prey tell, would I be?

Old Manus
04-10-2012, 09:16 AM
Now I want to play BAoTW Forever again.

Psychotic
04-10-2012, 09:59 AM
Now I want to play BAoTW Forever again.Now I want to make BAoTW Forever again.

I... I miss it. :(

Freya
04-10-2012, 10:08 AM
Sweet I have a spear!

You should make a new one! WITH SPARKLES!

Old Manus
04-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Now I want to play BAoTW Forever again.Now I want to make BAoTW Forever again.

I... I miss it. :(Make it again, exactly the same, except the Swans are no longer a football thread running gag :colbert:

Loony BoB
04-10-2012, 11:50 AM
Serious-ish People
Murd: Mr. Reliable. Average strength, average attack magic, high health. Basically your average protagonist.
Pike: Master strategist. Average healing magic, high level buffs and debuffs. Average strength, average health. Inevitably will become a general/commander of some sort on the good side of the fight.
foa: General badass. High in strength and health, basically beats the enemy to a pulp. Keeps people in line. Strikes fear into both allies and enemies alike. Basically, you don't smurf with foa.

Love Story Characters
o_O: Technician/Thief. Average strength and health. Highly effective against machines and good with locks/security. Think Locke, but less intentional thief, more "I happen to know how to open that lock" kind of guy.
Fujiko: White Mage. Has an enormous (quantity-wise) but expensive amount of armour options. Low health.

Comic Relief
Psy: Oddball blue mage/chemist mix. Makes very weird (yet very creative) weapons/items out of the remains of enemies you have defeated and uses them as a skill rather than base attack. Average health. Low strength, but relies more on creations than on attack. A little schizo - flicks between reasonable head and 'nutball' status without warning.
Jiro: Black Mage. Low health but high attack magic. Can on occasion injure himself by doing insane activities, including during battle. Just loses a bit of health for seemingly no reason whatsoever. Fantastic story-teller, though, and can drive rest of group forward during bad times.

Token Non-Human Characters
BoB: Chocobo. Average strength, average healing magic, high health. Refuses to let others ride him unless in dire situations.
Wolf Kanno: Wolf. High strength, average buffs and debuffs, average health. Wise character, sort of like Red XIII before Red XIII met his grandpa and instantly switched from wise beast to big baby. :p

Health order: BoB, Murd, foa, WK, Manus, o_O, Pike, Fujiko, Jiro.
Strength order: foa, WK, Murd, BoB, Manus, Pike, o_O, Fujiko, Jiro.

All characters capable of summons, but summons are fixed to specific members of EoFF.
Murd: eest, Miriel, Raistlin.
Pike: MILF, Shlup, Peegee.
foa: Kalen, theundeadhero, Roogle.
o_O: Samuraid, Baloki, Mirage.
Fujiko: Melissaur, Rantz, Marshall Banana.
Psy: Quin, Iceglow, Manus.
Jiro: G13, Freya, NCG.
BoB: smittenkitten, DK, Levian.
WK: Vivi22, Jessweeee♪, Shiny.

As for what each of the summons do, well, that's a whole new story. I've ideas for some, but not all! Non-summonable (ie, random) summons would be HC, blackmage_nuke and a combination of edczxcvbnm and Sephex.

Psychotic
04-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Professor Oak:
OLD MANUS! Do you understand why you lost? You
have forgotten to treat your FOOTBALLERS with
trust and love!

Ultima Shadow
04-10-2012, 12:16 PM
All I need for my RPG party is myself and some hot babes.

Old Manus
04-10-2012, 12:37 PM
Professor Oak:
OLD MANUS! Do you understand why you lost? You
have forgotten to treat your FOOTBALLERS with
trust and love!
http://forums.eyesonff.com/images/eoff_smilies/oh%20noes.gif

Loony BoB
04-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Following on my previous post, the summons!

eest: repo-man spanner attack. Physical damage.
Miriel: Esuna and Regen on all allies. Miriel will not arrive if summoned when there are flying enemies.
Raistlin: Damage to all enemies, but also damages other members in party.
MILF: Transforms Pike into a robot for three turns, increasing physical damage dramatically but removing her ability to cast (ie, buff/debuff) or summon.
Shlup: Bitches out an enemy, causing it to get Stop status for a few turns.
Peegee: Confuses all enemies, and probably confuses the player, too, somehow.
Kalen: Extremely heavy damage to one enemy.
theundeadhero: Grants foa undead status (ie cannot be killed unless healed) for three turns, then reverts her to previous health and status.
Roogle: Dismisses weaker enemies with a formal statement.
Samuraid: Guaranteed steal from all enemies.
Baloki: Increases productivity (Haste on all allies).
Mirage: Makes all allies invisible and thus impervious to attack for three turns.
Melissaur: Stomps on all the enemies dealing physical damage (like any good dinosaur would).
Rantz: Bacon lands on field, healing all male allies significantly.
MB: Strawberries land on field, healing all female allies significantly.
Quin: Changes the HP/MP of an opponent with his own.
Iceglow: Puts all enemies to sleep.
Manus: Swansea play Liverpool in a cup match. If Liverpool win, Psy regains all health and Manus punches a single enemy. If it's a Swansea win, the enemy (and Psy) are silenced and Psy gets protect(ive).
G13: Guards Jiro for three physical attacks.
Freya: Steps in for Jiro. Casts three random black magic spells over the next three turns, with Jiro gaining rather than losing the MP that would have been used for those spells.
NCG: Flash attack. Blinds all the poor, unsuspecting enemies.
smitten: Heal/Protect on all allies.
DK: Damages all enemies. Damage increases should Psy be in your party.
Levian: Lev walks by and all the enemies are charmed.
Vivi22: Increases experience gained by party members for this battle.
Jessweeee?: Adds healing to all buff spells.
Shiny: Adds haste to all buff spells.

And the random summons (naturally they don't appear in boss fights)...
HC: Hits an enemy for 1,000 health. Obviously.
blackmage_nuke: Only appears after one of your allies has been KO'd. nuke picks up the KO'd character's weapon and hits the toughest enemy with it, killing the enemy.
edc & Sephex: They unleash the fury with some heavy metal, and all characters get their limit break next turn.

Oh man, now I need to think up limit breaks.

Psychotic
04-10-2012, 01:18 PM
if anyone does want to play an EoFF RPG:

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/125814-eyes-final-fantasy-baotw-forever-its-eyes-final-fantasy-rpg.html is of course my lovechild

I also always had a soft spot for Rase's. http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/83307-eyes-final-fantasy-rpg-take-382-a.html

Also I remember that one time I teamed up with Marick, Laddy, Hsu and others to make an RPG. It was called REM Saga and it was going to be a series of short episodes, all written as a bunch of dreams. Each chapter would start with the main character of that chapter waking up and going "wtf did I just dream?" Anyway those lazy smurfers never did anything (Hsu may have actually idk) but I put a fair bit into mine and I quite liked it. NEVER TEAM UP WITH EoFFERS!

Jiro
04-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Any EoFF RPG I made would have Loony BoB mentoring a bunch of newbies into a supreme fighting force.

Loony BoB
04-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Also I remember that one time I teamed up with Marick, Laddy, Hsu and others to make an RPG. It was called REM Saga and it was going to be a series of short episodes, all written as a bunch of dreams. Each chapter would start with the main character of that chapter waking up and going "wtf did I just dream?" Anyway those lazy smurfers never did anything (Hsu may have actually idk) but I put a fair bit into mine and I quite liked it. NEVER TEAM UP WITH

Marick

Psychotic
04-10-2012, 01:58 PM
Yeah, Marick. That'd do it.

I do think it is impossible to make a game all by your lonesome like that unless you're really smurfing dedicated. It did take me 5+ years for a god damn reason. You simply lose motivation after a while, because there is a ridiculous amount of tedious work necessary to make one and I think people underestimate it. I know I did.

Plus I guess a lot of people like the idea of making their own super cool, funny, deeply moving story and designing badass characters with sweet movesets without wanting the burden of doing all the fiddly bits of number crunching to balance combat, or making every door in town link up to the right interior, etc.

Pike
04-10-2012, 02:14 PM
Pike: Master strategist. Average healing magic, high level buffs and debuffs. Average strength, average health. Inevitably will become a general/commander of some sort on the good side of the fight.

MILF: Transforms Pike into a robot for three turns, increasing physical damage dramatically but removing her ability to cast (ie, buff/debuff) or summon.

I like this game.

Old Manus
04-10-2012, 02:29 PM

Very good stuff BoB, but allow me to make some 'improvements':

Miriel: Esuna and Regen on all allies. Miriel will not arrive if summoned when there are flying enemies.
Raistlin: There Are No Words: Silence inflicted upon all allies and enemies. All menu items are replaced with pictures of bales of hay
MILF: If anyone is your party is a moderator, he sleeps with them to fully replenish MP
Peegee: Starts to attack with magic but garbles the incantation. Argues with the party for a while then leaves
theundeadhero: Unleashes the HECTICS for an unknown effect
Roogle: Does a really bad rap for 0 damage
Mirage: Makes all allies invisible and thus impervious to attack for three turns.
Melissaur: Stomps on all the enemies dealing physical damage (like any good dinosaur would).
Rantz: Stares at the enemy with the trademark semi-quizzical face, toad inflicted on all enemies
MB: Gets in an argument with Rye over who's cuter. Nobody wins and your game returns to the main menu
Iceglow: Uses Charm, but it's always inneffectual.
Manus: Appears and everyone instantly falls in love with him, the battle ends and you get 99999exp. Unfortunately due to a bug can never be cast as it is permanently greyed out
Freya: Steps in for Jiro. Casts three random black magic spells over the next three turns, with Jiro gaining rather than losing the MP that would have been used for those spells.
NCG: Attacks 1000 times in 3 seconds for minimal damage
DK: The Wheels Have Fallen Off: Cries over the corpse of Mario Balotelli
Levian: Appears and...sorry I can't do it. I love this guy
Jessweeee♪: Adds healing to all buff spells.

HC: Builds up a GINORMOUS attack that seems set to deal maximum damage, but it was all a lie and does 0.
blackmage_nuke: Instantly wins the battle. Nobody ever casts it as they don't think it could be any good
edc & Sephex: Belto Maxson appears. The game is no longer relevant as you are in the presence of Belto smurfing Maxson.More to come.

Jiro
04-10-2012, 02:36 PM
blackmage_nuke: Instantly wins the battle. Nobody ever casts it as they don't think it could be any good

blackmage_nuke for Most Underrated Member 2012

Ultima Shadow
04-10-2012, 02:50 PM
I do think it is impossible to make a game all by your lonesome like that unless you're really smurfing dedicated. It did take me 5+ years for a god damn reason. You simply lose motivation after a while, because there is a ridiculous amount of tedious work necessary to make one and I think people underestimate it. I know I did.

Plus I guess a lot of people like the idea of making their own super cool, funny, deeply moving story and designing badass characters with sweet movesets without wanting the burden of doing all the fiddly bits of number crunching to balance combat, or making every door in town link up to the right interior, etc.This. It's easy enough to start on something, but then you quickly realise that you actually can't spend all your free time on it without going insane, that all the small details such as doors and stupid events are not always fun to make, that some things might need to be reworked a hundred times before you're happy with it - if you ever manage to make it like you want at all etc.

...that said, I recently got back to my own project after not even touching it for well over half a year. It's sooo hard to keep the motivation up.

Loony BoB
04-10-2012, 03:34 PM
See, the five year thing wouldn't be that bad if it weren't for the fact that by the time you release it, half the members you have given major roles are no longer regulars at EoFF (if they are there at all) and the jokes are completely loaded towards something that happened x years ago that you thought would become big but actually ended up with only a couple of people finding it amusing. Stuff like that. Grrr. Especially the character thing, though.

Shattered Dreamer
04-10-2012, 03:51 PM
Not sure who I'd have in my party but personally I'd be an RPG villain :lol:

Psychotic
04-10-2012, 03:54 PM
I suppose you sadly have to be elitist and make the big hitters your main characters. Then you have NPCs of all the other EoFFers and change and update names as appropriate when the time comes.

anyway let's all talk plots!

If I did another one, it would be set in just one city, and maybe there'd be the odd dungeon on the outskirts but I don't know. It wouldn't be a traditional JRPG really. There would be a day and night cycle and you would have 12 days. You're a rookie Cid's Knight, and you're charged with investigating the murder (let's say they were trolled so hard their account got deleted? who knows) of a prominent EoFFer during the Ciddies. This causes chaos and uproar, and people seek to take advantage of that!

In the background, there's plotting and intrigue. Divisions within the staff itself, as factions within scheme and plot for power. However, there are other factions plotting on taking over EoFF too - for example, the oldbies want to turn back the clock. The FF Fanatics want to destroy the general sections. Backstabbing and alliances are commonplace, and they all seek to manipulate and use you for their schemes. You can back any faction you like, if you think their goals are right, as the events unfold. Maybe you might go your own path and make your own group! Who knows!

But there are 12 days for a reason. On day 1, a deactivated spambot appears. How has it breached EoFF's defences? What is it doing here? At first, it is ignored. A prank. A fairystory. The shields are fine. What piffle, who cares - when there is a murder to solve and power to grab? As the days go on, more and more spambots appear and they can't be ignore. Bits of EoFF are damaged and erased. Chaos is rising, as the members panic. The balance of power shifts day by day, as the staff enforce martial law one day, stuffing people in the drunk tank, but the next day the corporate owners come into play! Can the factions unite to fight this menace?

12 days until the spambots destroy EoFF. 12 days to figure out who killed (prominent member - hey maybe it could be me! :D) 12 days to decide who should rule EoFF. Good endings, bad endings, off we go!

WHAT IS THE SECRET BEHIND ALL OF IT

edit:
factions
- Returners, Oldbies who want to turn back time itself and restore older members and The Way Things Were.
- FF fanatics, a sort of religious group with massed numbers, if not having a golden heritage.
- Loony BoB sort of hooks up with the returners but he is going one step further, "rebooting" EoFF with all new newbies.
- Wealthy Snake Oil Salesan Hippogenic Cactuar promises EoFF the world, holding lots of money which he will use to upgrade the forums, but can he walk the walk?
- The Technocrats (Rantzien, Baloki, o_O et al) can save EoFF using their tech, but why would they want to? What is in it for them? Can you reason with a machine?
- Eyes on Each Other promise enlightenment and reason, but can they get past their petty squabbles to achieve their vision of a greater good?

plus more yet I dunno. Definitely some internal staff plotting. I have some vague ideas but I just threw this together in like 5 mins.

Loony BoB
04-10-2012, 04:20 PM
Day 12: APRIL FOOLS BITCHES!!!

I suppose you sadly have to be elitist and make the big hitters your main characters. Then you have NPCs of all the other EoFFers and change and update names as appropriate when the time comes.
Of course, you can always go the way I did when starting an RPGM2K game (never finished, obviously) and just set it so that the protagonist is named Newbie by default. =]

Sephex
04-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Bob, a good alternate summon for ed and I would be that we play Polo Ponys music and it damages everyone in battle.

GhandiOwnsYou
04-10-2012, 05:01 PM
This game would be forced to have several of those shop keeps that show up at random intervals. Dungeons, forests, craters, other totally implausible areas for someone to decide to set their cart up. It's the only proper way to include all those members that show up at random every year or so, but have been on the roll for a decade.

Madonna
04-10-2012, 05:07 PM
http://roogle.wikispaces.com/Starting+Sheet

starlet
04-10-2012, 08:23 PM
I suppose no one wants a starlet around :cry: I'd probably be some kind of hunter/pet trainer type in this game.

I'm kidding with the pity party btw, I know I don't post much...I just lurk a lot!

Freya
04-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Holy crap Paul xD That's extensive for 5 mins of thought! DO IT.

Sephex
04-11-2012, 03:04 AM
Didn't notice Belto Maxson reference earlier! Awesome.

Hollycat
04-11-2012, 05:38 AM
I am disappoint I thought this thread was about Ridiculously photogenic guy.

Peegee: only move zaps everything then confuses everyone. Works on bosses.
Rantzien: summoner/black mage who uses his whale powers to dominate
Quin: berserker who has changed his axe for a baby seal
Psychotic: Warrior with superior walrus mustache and a a claymore.
Pike: robotic unicorn who speaks english and can buy new upgrades for herself. Basically a red mage
Jiro: ninja
PLEFTBW: double ninja with a mustache
G13: Samurai with a crossbow and lightsaber
NCG: Bard who uses his guitar as an axe, and only knows heavy metal songs.
Sephex: Bard of death. All of his songs kill everyone who isn't deaf.
HC: Toucan
Del Murder: Spy. He'll be the one who betrays us near the end. But then he will sacrifice himself to save us.
Old Manus: see Aerith. Or see Black guy (horror films) but he gets a rocket launcher at first.
Shlup: a merduck who is crazy and hangs out with Old Manus, 0_o and Anthony Hopkins.

Loony BoB: king of the chocobos, wants to eradicate humans and make chocobos the dominant species through any and all means. His ultimate attack is KWEH! which kills everyone within a five mile radius, causes all women within ten miles to not die, but instead have a massive orgasm and instantly become preagnant and in love with BoB, and also cooks hot pockets to perfection.

Loony BoB
04-11-2012, 12:32 PM
I don't know about the whole hot pocket thing, but I'm okay with the rest of my bit there. I assume I'm the good guy in this story. Obviously.

Now, back to my ongoing saga of concepts for a game that will never be made... Limit break time.

Murd: Reinforcements - Murd calls upon his pals in the Justice League, each having varying attacks. Super Delete will attack an enemy with his special attack, Super Delete, which casts Death on an enemy and inflicts armour-ignoring damage should they have resistance to Death. Yet to figure out exactly what the other members of the JL would do...
Pike: SMAC Attack - Pike calls upon a random SMAC faction. Not sure on what each would do at the moment.
foa: fires of avalon - Things heat up with some attacks by foa mixing fire magic with physical damage. Executed in Tifa-style, ie multiple attacks in a single turn. Final attack is Ban Hammer, which is the strongest single-hit attack in the game.
o_O: User-selectable limit.
SSHhhhhh - o_O shuts down electrical opponents by hacking into their backend systems.
Hard work - The drop rate for the battle is notably increased.
Awwwwwwwww - Only works when Fujiko is in party. o_O kisses Fujiko, fully restoring o_O's HP and Fujiko's MP.
Fujiko: User-selectable limit.
Hot Damn - Fujiko strikes a pose, draining some MP from enemies. The amount of MP drained depends on the armour used by Fujiko.
Mort Mort Mort - Fujiko calls upon the greatest Swedish weapon of all, the Swedish Chef, who covers all enemies with hot chocolate, damaging them and making them extra-tasty.
Awwwwwwwww - Only works when o_O is in party. Fujiko kisses o_O, casting Haste and Regen on Fujiko and o_O.
Psy: Psy gets a Selphie-styled changeable-but-random option where he can use multiple items/weapons in one turn or alternatively may on occasion get his ultimate attack, Spamathon, where a massive load of spam just covers the enemy and you win the battle.
Jiro: User-selectable limit.
Pushing It - Jiro does push ups, increasing his MP. Can on occasion decrease his HP.
High Jump - Jiro takes a massive leap into the air, increasing his MP. Can on occasion decrease his HP.
Staff Duty - Jiro works hard, casting three spells in one turn. Can on occasion decrease his HP and/or MP.
BoB: User-selectable limit.
Chocobo Kweh - BoB calls out Fat Chocobo, inflicting damage on all enemies.
Chocobo Wark - BoB licks all enemies, decreasing their attack and defence.
Chocobo Rage - BoB fluffs up his feathers, increasing speed, attack and defence but also casting berserk on himself, disabling his ability to do anything but attack.
WK: User-selectable limit.
FFX - Wolf Kanno plays FFX. Disappears for one turn. When he comes back, he unleaches multiple physical attacks on a single enemy in a single turn.
FFXIII - Wolf Kanno plays FFXIII. Disappears for two turns. When he comes back, he brings massive damage on all enemies.
FFXIII-2 - WK escapes from battle and is replaced with a new party member.

Laddy
04-11-2012, 01:03 PM
if anyone does want to play an EoFF RPG:

http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/125814-eyes-final-fantasy-baotw-forever-its-eyes-final-fantasy-rpg.html is of course my lovechild

I also always had a soft spot for Rase's. http://home.eyesonff.com/general-gaming-discussion/83307-eyes-final-fantasy-rpg-take-382-a.html

Also I remember that one time I teamed up with Marick, Laddy, Hsu and others to make an RPG. It was called REM Saga and it was going to be a series of short episodes, all written as a bunch of dreams. Each chapter would start with the main character of that chapter waking up and going "wtf did I just dream?" Anyway those lazy smurfers never did anything (Hsu may have actually idk) but I put a fair bit into mine and I quite liked it. NEVER TEAM UP WITH EoFFERS!
Hey, mine was like, 90% done. :colbert:

Hollycat
04-11-2012, 02:46 PM
Laddy: Rainbow Corgi who lives on a haunted island. You have to win Survivor to recruit him, and then he acts like an airship (cause he's a flying rainbow corgi that lives on a haunted island) With him in your party, skeletal enemies are afraid to come out, and so they don't show up, same thing with boars, pigs, chickens, and cows. Also he gets a bonus when fighting cats.
Crop: Pops into your party when he feels like it, and is automatically made the party leader till he leaves. Tank.
Mclovin: during Mclovins attack, a cubicle appears on the battlefeild and someone sings a song from it. Enemies are too embarrassed to attack while this attack is going on.
Rodarian: mows down all the enemies with his sports car.
Fujiko: female ninja special attack: disappear for several months.
Roto13: Suicide bomber. He isn't in your party for very long for some reason.

Pike
04-11-2012, 02:49 PM
Pike: SMAC Attack - Pike calls upon a random SMAC faction. Not sure on what each would do at the moment.

YES

Agent Proto
04-11-2012, 04:56 PM
How come no one wants me in any of their parties? It's like I'm uninvited to the EoFF RPG Party. :(

Jinx
04-11-2012, 05:17 PM
You and me both.

Hollycat
04-11-2012, 05:43 PM
Proto: After 36 years of development, mankind finally suceeded in creating the single most powerful being in the universe by combining laser cannons and a Worcestershire dispenser, resulting in a being that laughed in the face of kefka. Then he started watching ponies, and became slightly cooler (about 20%) and stopped fighting. In the game he plays the role of Cid, a large man who just happens to have laser cannon arms and likes to watch ponies and ignores all his customers unless they are talking about airships. All of his airships have cutie marks and are capable of making sonic rainbooms.

Fierytempest: talking horse vagina/summoner.

Shattered Dreamer
04-11-2012, 05:58 PM
How come no one wants me in any of their parties? It's like I'm uninvited to the EoFF RPG Party. :(

The nerd in me agrees but in general I :lol:

Loony BoB
04-11-2012, 06:44 PM
Well, there aren't a huge number of positions in a party. Nine for me, and that's a big group compared to most games! For some reason I see you as an informant style character. It's probably the 'Agent' bit. The name 'Agent Proto' makes me think of someone who works either as a detective (or something similar) or as a Turks-esque character, meeting up with the party on behalf of a larger group, be that a good or a bad one.

Old Manus
04-11-2012, 07:22 PM
Wait, wait.

I see where this is going.

No guys, we are not resurrecting Eizon for the twentieth time. Just let it go. It's time to stop.

Hollycat
04-11-2012, 07:42 PM
Your reverse psychology sucks.

Jiro
04-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Wait, wait.

I see where this is going.

No guys, we are not resurrecting Eizon for the twentieth time. Just let it go. It's time to stop.

It'd only be the fourth time, no big deal.

theundeadhero
04-15-2012, 07:14 AM
HECTICS! If only there were some Russian Ruffians around...

Quindiana Jones
04-15-2012, 08:11 AM
I don't really know what's going on but I'm pissed as hell about being a summon. :colbert:

My effect is pretty cool, though...

Pike
04-15-2012, 02:48 PM
HECTICS! If only there were some Russian Ruffians around...

At first I thought this said "Russian Muffins" and I was amused, considering your avatar/sig.

Giga Guess
04-16-2012, 12:02 AM
Dibs on super secret Party Member/Summon!

jenovajunkie
04-16-2012, 01:18 AM
THIS IS SO COOL. Hook me up BoB! Just put my face as the title screen hhahaha

Hollycat
04-16-2012, 02:27 AM
jenovajunkie: a chubby moogle with glasses who after watching the party defeat the first boss decides to follow the party in hopes of one day seeing a jenova. Keeps track of the bestiary and lore.

jenovajunkie
04-16-2012, 07:01 AM
jenovajunkie: a chubby moogle with glasses who after watching the party defeat the first boss decides to follow the party in hopes of one day seeing a jenova. Keeps track of the bestiary and lore.
CHUBBY MOOGLE? WTF DUDE.... I aint chubby. How about a side story character like Vincent Valentine... who's a womanizer and to unlock him you have to solve a profit maximization problem for a JENOVA PRODUCING FIRM.. GOLDEN! Great huh, I know. Thank me later... hahaha

Loony BoB
04-16-2012, 10:19 AM
Sorry, but anyone with the name 'jenovajunkie' is only going to end up as an NPC who sits next to the lifestream talking about all the colours while injecting himself with jenova cells for a quick thrill. It may be possible this will over time transform you into a monster. :(

jenovajunkie
04-16-2012, 04:51 PM
I can live with that, can I have a lot of hot junkie girlfriends around me? Hahaha

Loony BoB
04-16-2012, 04:59 PM
With enough jenova in your junkie, it doesn't matter how many girls are really around you, it just matters how many you can see, right?

Carl the Llama
04-16-2012, 06:32 PM

Raistlin: Damage to all enemies, but also damages other members in party.
Peegee: Confuses all enemies, and probably confuses the player, too, somehow.
theundeadhero: Grants foa undead status (ie cannot be killed unless healed) for three turns, then reverts her to previous health and status.
Rantz: Bacon lands on field, healing all male allies significantly.
MB: Strawberries land on field, healing all female allies significantly.
Iceglow: Puts all enemies to sleep.
Manus: Swansea play Liverpool in a cup match. If Liverpool win, Psy regains all health and Manus punches a single enemy. If it's a Swansea win, the enemy (and Psy) are silenced and Psy gets protect(ive).
NCG: Flash attack. Blinds all the poor, unsuspecting enemies.
DK: Damages all enemies. Damage increases should Psy be in your party.
Levian: Lev walks by and all the enemies are charmed.
Jessweeee♪: Adds healing to all buff spells.

HC: Hits an enemy for 1,000 health. Obviously.
blackmage_nuke: Only appears after one of your allies has been KO'd. nuke picks up the KO'd character's weapon and hits the toughest enemy with it, killing the enemy.
edc & Sephex: They unleash the fury with some heavy metal, and all characters get their limit break next turn.

A list of Summons without a DRAGON!!! fo shame BoB

Loony BoB
04-16-2012, 06:46 PM
KaiserDragon is surely a boss fight. And who knows, maybe one of them is a dragon of some kind!

I Don't Need A Name
04-16-2012, 07:07 PM
Dibs on the usless Ultros style enemy

Hollycat
04-16-2012, 07:45 PM
Really? I pictured you as a "badass" swordsman who often seems to be on the brink of good and evil and eventually depending on the parties choices either joins the party as a samurai like character or joins the enemy and replaces the enemies right hand man. Either way he is the one who kills the enemies right hand man because that man torched his village killing his wife and two daughters.

I Don't Need A Name
04-16-2012, 07:47 PM
...I suppose I could roll with that one too

Loony BoB
04-16-2012, 08:21 PM
Well, ever since I first read "I Don't Need A Name" back when the Pussycat Dolls were always on the radio and TV and whatever, I have always read the name similar to how they sing it. Naturally, whatever happens, if I was to make a game with you in it, you would on occasion burst into song.

I don't need a name to make me happy, I get off being free
I don't need a name to make me feel good, I get off doin' my thing
I don't need a label or signature, to make me feel complete
So let me break it down, I get off when you don't know I'm around
Oh!

I Don't Need A Name
04-16-2012, 08:26 PM
Okay, now I'm crying :') Why do you even know the words to this!?

Loony BoB
04-16-2012, 08:46 PM
All I know is the "I don't need a name!" bit. Or man. I always hear it as 'name' now, it's like the song is parodying YOU. I looked up the lyrics for the rest. :D Although I remember the rhythm, which helped!

I Don't Need A Name
04-16-2012, 08:49 PM
Eitherway, I'm never gonna hear that song in the same way again. It makes me wanna get up on stage and karaoke it just to teach people the right words to the song

Jiro
04-16-2012, 11:45 PM
That was beautiful

NeoTifa
04-17-2012, 02:28 AM
Can I be a whimsical NPC or side antagonist, like Reno and Rude?

escobert
04-17-2012, 03:47 AM
Manus and I would be like Biggs and Wedge from VIII! :love:
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/7/77/FF8ScreenshotBiggsWedge2.jpg
http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/8/80/FF8ScreenshotBiggsWedge4.jpg

Carl the Llama
04-17-2012, 03:58 AM
KaiserDragon is surely a boss fight. And an Epic Summon after his defeat!

Fixed :p

jenovajunkie
04-17-2012, 07:02 AM
Dude I'm so not a substance abuser. Even with my name ending with junkie.....

Roogle
04-17-2012, 08:54 AM
This topic is essentially what the premise of my event, Dokal, is. I have put a lot of time into it and created several iterations of the game over the last several years. I am planning for a new release some time before the end of the month, hopefully.

I can give a brief description of the characters that appeared in past iterations of the games, but so can you -- for they are your friends and fellow members of this community. The most beautiful thing that I find about this craft is that I have no need to create your stories.

One of the pages that I use to record statistics publicly was linked earlier in the thread. Essentially, the game is played through text with a few visual references from time to time, but it is made to play like an electronic game with its unique battle system that was created with the help of o_O. If you really are interested in fighting alongside your friends at this community, you might want to check it out, but I warn you that if your only intention is to fight monsters, then you'll discover that being a true warrior is more than simply fighting.

That's funny.

Roogle: Does a really bad rap for 0 damage

I don't know where you might have heard me rap, but I know that I rap better than most people would expect and better than 99% of the community here. I'm certainly not a novice at voicecraft anymore, so I would love to see you do better! Why don't we have a rap battle? Well, I don't suppose that's something you'd formally accept, anyway, though...

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2012, 08:58 AM
The challenge has been set, Manus.

Thunderdome...

TrollHunter
04-17-2012, 09:49 AM
Not 100% sure if it's been called but I don't care, I call dibs on the Gilgamesh-style character~
It's only fitting.

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2012, 10:00 AM
I think a Gilgamesh character is more suited to one of the crazy oldbies from the bygone era who occasionally pop in and make themselves known. Like Kishi, but with more crazy and less tentacle porn.

TrollHunter
04-17-2012, 10:01 AM
While they are most definitely more deserving.... I kinda want 8 arms.

Old Manus
04-17-2012, 11:09 AM
A'yo, yo yo
So someone just laid down the verbal gauntlet
Questioning my rhymes is something I won't let

yo

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2012, 01:35 PM
You sound like Killer B. Now, please excuse me while I go regret my life choices.

Jiro
04-17-2012, 05:06 PM
Roogle is basically Dovahkiin. You should hear his voice skills man.

Giga Guess
04-18-2012, 12:58 AM
I think a Gilgamesh character is more suited to one of the crazy oldbies from the bygone era who occasionally pop in and make themselves known. Like Kishi, but with more crazy and less tentacle porn.

Oooh! There we go! Dibs!

Quindiana Jones
04-18-2012, 01:07 AM
That works for me. Long time no see!

Giga Guess
04-18-2012, 01:12 AM
Yay for a new-ish FF release to get me to tumble through again. :p

TrollHunter
04-18-2012, 05:58 AM
Okay, now I can definitely see you as Gilgamesh, I am pleased by this.

Hollycat
04-18-2012, 06:03 AM
Trollhunter, I can only veiw you as the light-cannon toting old man from TrollHunter, or Nigel Thornberry

TrollHunter
04-18-2012, 06:07 AM
I'm perfectly okay with either. Though... the light-cannon guy who got the crap beat out of him by a troll? Yeah I'd prefer him.
Though, ever since I've gotten addicted to Dark Souls, I see myself as
http://www.bitlegend.com/forum/data/avatars/l/0/350.jpg?1322515172

Shiny
06-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Is the formal statement "We can continue this another time?"

Also that "haste" better be crip walk.

Del Murder
06-27-2012, 08:51 PM
Where was this when the Best Thread nominations came up? Come on GC people!

Loony BoB
06-28-2012, 09:37 AM
More importantly, where is the game we're obviously all making together? The concepts team has done their job, but the developers are really slacking.

Del Murder
07-02-2012, 06:14 PM
I blame Baloki.

Christmas
07-30-2022, 07:07 AM
This is how Death of a Fansite started.

PS: I will be the Lich King that resurrect everything. Especially threads.

theundeadhero
08-02-2022, 02:02 PM