PDA

View Full Version : RUMOR: Square-Enix licences characters to Nintendo

Bastian
04-17-2012, 03:25 AM
Bear in mind this is just a rumor, but GoNintendo is reporting that they've heard that Square-Enix may be licencing a character (or characters) to Nintendo for an undisclosed title.

Square-Enix and Nintendo have worked together in the past on the beloved Super Mario RPG (which contained cameos from then-Squaresoft's franchises) and more recently on Fortune Street, a board game styled game featuring Mario and Dragon Quest characters.

Could it be a new iteration of one of those games? Or could it be something brand new? A Nintendo vs. Square-Enix sports game? Or could it just be a baseless rumor? Perhaps we'll get some sort of indication at E3.

What sort of Nintendo game would you like to see Square-Enix characters make an appearance in?

Source: GoNintendo (http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=175607)

Del Murder
04-17-2012, 06:04 AM
An announcement of SMB RPG 2 would probably make me break down and cry like a giddy school girl as soon as I heard it.

Ouch!
04-17-2012, 11:13 PM
If it's "a character," my best bet would be that Nintendo is securing a character to represent Kingdom Hearts in their next iteration of the Super Smash Bros. series.

Wolf Kanno
04-17-2012, 11:26 PM
It's most likely a new Itadaki Street title. FF, DQ, and Nintendo characters have been featured in these titles for years. SMB:RPG 2 is probably never going to happen since the Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi Super Star Sagas and are fundamentally the spiritual successor to that game.

Pike
04-18-2012, 12:06 AM
An announcement of SMB RPG 2 would probably make me break down and cry like a giddy school girl as soon as I heard it.

This.

Or, Geno in the next Smash Bros. I'd like that too. But not as much as SMRPG2.

fire_of_avalon
04-18-2012, 01:53 AM
Wolf Kanno - crushing the dreams of Del Murders since his rough birth into EoFF.

I want to see a SSB game featuring Auron, please and thank you. xD?

Roto13
04-18-2012, 02:23 AM
If it's "a character," my best bet would be that Nintendo is securing a character to represent Kingdom Hearts in their next iteration of the Super Smash Bros. series.
I'd buy a hat and eat it.

Wolf Kanno
04-18-2012, 03:44 AM
Wolf Kanno - crushing the dreams of Del Murders since his rough birth into EoFF.

That's why my middle name is Dream Smasher, Wolf Dream Smasher Kanno. :magus: