PDA

View Full Version : Roller Coasters

Pike
04-17-2012, 05:05 AM
Are great.

Tilt-a-Whirl is my favorite non-roller-coaster ride, though.

Where are my amusement park ride junkies at :cool:

Pike
04-17-2012, 05:10 AM
Oooh we have something similar to that, I think it's called Gravitron? "Finnish Fling" is a much better name.

Sephex
04-17-2012, 05:34 AM
I love roller coasters, but I hate it when the gravitational forces gives me that weird elevator feeling in my balls.

Having said that, Six Flags Great America is a fun place.

Fonzie
04-17-2012, 06:18 AM
The Houston roller coasters got turned into a parking lot when I was twelve. :(

Yar
04-17-2012, 06:27 AM
Cedar Point is in my backyard, so I love coasters!

Freya
04-17-2012, 07:14 AM
The first roller coaster I ever rode was with My Little Pokey at Cedar Point! We rode tons! I loved them :D

GhandiOwnsYou
04-17-2012, 07:31 AM
I had both Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Kings Dominion within 45 minutes of my house. It was pretty awesome to be a coaster buff where I'm from. My favorite memories were the laps we'd run on older rides on slow, bad weather tuesdays. The whole park would be empty and we'd just stay in the same seats on The Grizzly, an old wooden coaster that's kinda away from the main drag at Kings Dominion. We made it 15 times in a row one day without leaving our seats. We also had a full loop swinging ship ride, they called it the Beserker. It was right by the exit and rarely had a line, so we used to each each an ice cream cone and smash a funnel cake, then ride it over and over to see who puked first.

Bubba
04-17-2012, 09:50 AM
Here in the UK, Alton Towers has some pretty awesome rides. It's only about 90 minutes drive from my house as well.

If we're talking very local then the park down the road has some pretty awesome spring horses...

Parker
04-17-2012, 10:30 AM
i am too much of a wimp for roller coasters... i can't even handle the spring horses without getting queasy

Peegee
04-17-2012, 02:56 PM
Rollercoaster....of love
Rollercoaster ooh wee wee wee

I lub me some coasters! Thanks for the date idea piku <3

NorthernChaosGod
04-17-2012, 05:37 PM
Six Flags Magic Mountain is pretty much the best thing ever. I love the new roller coasters they've built in the last few years.

Peegee
04-17-2012, 05:55 PM
Six Flags Magic Mountain is pretty much the best thing ever. I love the new roller coasters they've built in the last few years.

can I go when i visit?

Sephex
04-17-2012, 05:57 PM
Did anyone else get thrown off by Parker posting right after Bubbaforever? Then again I suppose the way their avatars work off each other makes sense for this kind of thread.

NorthernChaosGod
04-17-2012, 07:43 PM

can I go when i visit?

It's required.

Bubba
04-18-2012, 10:51 AM
Did anyone else get thrown off by Parker posting right after Bubbaforever? Then again I suppose the way their avatars work off each other makes sense for this kind of thread.

I would change my Avatar but I'm too attached to the awesome Sig that Kaiserdragon designed for me.

Old Manus
04-18-2012, 12:01 PM
Rollercoaster 1 has broken down

You just heard the little beep

Peegee
04-18-2012, 06:33 PM

can I go when i visit?

It's required.

It's still opened? It's rather late in the year n___n

if it's open we're going. I'll even pay for rubahs (but not you - you're a man and make 133% more money than every other woman combined)

NorthernChaosGod
04-19-2012, 12:07 AM
I know they're still open weekends in December, so maybe they'll be open November too.

Jinx
04-19-2012, 12:28 AM
I know they're still open weekends in December, so maybe they'll be open November too.

california lol

NorthernChaosGod
04-19-2012, 12:55 AM
Why is that lol? :colbert:

Fuzakeru
04-20-2012, 02:14 AM
I'm supposed to go conquer my fear of roller coasters this year sometime. I'm not looking forward to it. I live in Atlanta now and Six Flags is ridiculously close by.

fire_of_avalon
04-21-2012, 02:49 AM
Fuza,Six Flags in GA is a blast! I hope you really enjoy yourself when you go.

As for me, I love roller coasters. Except Nighthawk, at Carowinds. I've NEVER thought I was in any real danger on a coaster before that ride.

Basically it starts as a standing ride. You kind of straddle the little bicycle seat thing and then put this really loose vest on - it's connected to the back of the seat. So it's kind of like a harness. After that this plastic t-shaped thing comes up and it locks in across your hips.

Dead center, where short arms can't reach, on that plastic thing is a knob. That is the only handhold on the entire ride.

So once you're secure, the ride begins. By laying you flat on your back. then you go up the standard roller coaster hill. But at the top... at the top the track twists 180 degrees. And you're staring at the ground.

And then I screamed for 45 seconds straight. The looseness of the vest is what does it. I tried to curl in a ball and get as much of my mass behind that hip harness as possible. Scared the shit out of me. ME.

And now that I think on it more, I wanna go again. xD

Shlup
04-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I had an annual pass to Six Flags Magic Mountain for three years. X-2 and Tatsu are crazy goddamn coasters. The first time I rode Tatsu (my favorite coaster), I was laughing and almost crying for my life at the same time. That ride is nuts.

NorthernChaosGod
04-22-2012, 01:18 AM
foa, that sounds really similar to Tatsu at Magic Mountain. I fucking love that roller coast.

fire_of_avalon
04-22-2012, 02:53 AM
taking a look at the rides, they do seem very similar. It seems like one might be in a seated position on Tatsu? At any rate scare the shit out of foa time.

NorthernChaosGod
04-22-2012, 04:07 AM
Yeah, you're seated, but it doesn't help much when you're flipped and spun around a lot over the course of the ride. :excited:

sharkythesharkdogg
04-24-2012, 05:40 PM
There's this ride at the amusement park where I live called Finnish Fling.

I thought Rantz was from Sweden. :jess:

Jinx
04-24-2012, 05:49 PM

stfu sharky

<.< >.>

Sephex
04-24-2012, 07:39 PM
Why is that lol? :colbert:

The "lol" in this case does not stand for "laugh out loud." I imagine it is a crude text drawing of a guy raising his hands as he goes down a big drop on a roller coaster.

WEEEE
|
lol

Chris
04-24-2012, 08:05 PM
The oldest amusement park in the entire world, happens to be no more than an hour away from my home.

Dyrehavsbakken - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dyrehavsbakken)

One of the oldest coasters in the world and incluced on American Coaster Enthusiasts list of legendary coasters.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5256/5508698676_783cfddcc2.jpg

leader of mortals
04-24-2012, 11:37 PM
I went to Cedar Point as a Physics trip in High School, and I had a lot of fun. Really, the only major roller coaster I went on was the Magnum. The problem was, I had to take off my glasses. I had 20/400 vision without my glasses at that time, and my glasses were in another friend's bookbag. I did not see that the Magnum went up so high in the air, nor did I realize that I would be going so fast. I was told of how high it went, when I was on my way up to the top. I screamed. Loud. Then I went on it another 3 times in a row.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-24-2012, 11:44 PM

stfu sharky

<.< >.>

:kakapo:

Araciel
04-25-2012, 03:35 PM
BAH I hate 'em... Just when I get comfortable, we start moving around too fast. Too scary for me.

Peegee
04-25-2012, 10:25 PM
BAH I hate 'em... Just when I get comfortable, we start moving around too fast. Too scary for me.

awe

~*~Celes~*~
04-25-2012, 10:36 PM
I LOVE ROLLERCOASTERS SO MUCH! The Magnum at Cedar Point was my first major roller coaster. Unfortunately, when I go this summer, no rollercoasters for me :(

Laddy
04-25-2012, 11:23 PM
Roller coasters kick ass!