PDA

View Full Version : I was propositioned on the street last night.

Quindiana Jones
04-17-2012, 02:03 PM
So, at about 2AM last night, I went for a walk down the Curry Mile. It's a place in Manchester that has roughly half the world's Indian restaurants, hence the name. I'd bought a Boost (yum!) and was making my way back when a small woman walked up beside me and initiated conversation.

"'scuse me, have you got 50p hnrfrnr." Her voice is cracked.
"I've no change on me, I'm afraid." I respond, with a mouthful of Boost.

A moment's silence.

"Ah ye looking for a good tahme?" The bottom falls out of my stomach. How could she tell?
"I'm alright, thank you. I'd much rather a life of misery, and chocolate." I wave the Boost as an example; an attempt at lightheartedness to veil the involuntary snark.
"Ah ye sure? Ah can show you a good tahme..." As she begins to walk at my flank, I suspect this will continue for some time.
"I'm fine, thank you very much." I search my brain for a better response in preparation for when she asks me again.
"Y'sure? Ah..." She spots someone to the side. She pauses for a moment, torn between following me and going to talk to this other man.
"Y'alright?" She shouts, her rusted throat barely screeching out the words. As I continue on, eyes fixed ahead, I hear the beginning of her new conversation.

"'scuse me, have you got 50p...." I shudder, and walk a little faster.

It was a bit weird, though I couldn't help laugh/gag at the idea of what exactly she would do for 50p.

Have you ever had a similar encounter? If not, what is the weirdest encounter you've had whilst out late at night?

Mirage
04-17-2012, 02:06 PM
Can't walk down one of the main streets in Oslo at night without atleast 5 nigerian hookers approaching you.

Pike
04-17-2012, 02:11 PM
Can't say I've ever had anything like this happen.

In fact, can't say I've ever been approached on the street at all. xD

Pumpkin
04-17-2012, 02:14 PM
Once when I was walking down the street, a guy came running out of his house and asked me to get him some McDonald's. That's about the strangest I've had happen.

I Don't Need A Name
04-17-2012, 02:26 PM
How could you shun my advances Dave :[ I was only after 50p!

Roto13
04-17-2012, 02:28 PM
I once had a guy stop me at a train station and give me this way too long story about how he was Australian and he had the kangaroo tattoo to prove it and his wife accidentally took his visa and got on a bus and he was about to be arrested in ten minutes if he couldn't get it and he needed a bunch of money to get to his wife. It wasn't very convincing the first time, since if you're on the verge of being arrested, you probably aren't going to waste time explaining this shit to me for five minutes. It was even less convincing when he tried it three other times.

I also got annoyed by this guy once who wanted to rap at me for change.

KentaRawr!
04-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Once, a guy asked me for money. I gave it to him.

I'm an idiot. >_>

Shattered Dreamer
04-17-2012, 03:14 PM
Yeah I've been propositioned. Myself & one of my friends were walking home after a night drinking in Dublin. At the top of Leeson St (a street known in time gone by as a place to go at night if you're looking for "company") we got approached by 2 scantily clad Polish women, I'd say 40 years plus, one short & fat and the other tall & skinny. They asked us if we were looking for some "company" & we told them no thanks. They then proceeded to offer us a "2 for 1 special" & even went as far as to suggest a foursome. Given that this situation was extremely awkward me & my friend just started laughing uncontrollably, 50% out of shock & 50% out of sheer disbelieve as to what was happening. Every time they would try to get an answer out of us then we would just laugh harder & louder as our reply. They eventually got the message & left :lol:

Old Manus
04-17-2012, 04:07 PM
A dudebro friend and I got asked in a bar if we wanted a servicing by a very drunk - and in hindsight probably gay - skinny blond guy one time (I checked and it wasn't Marick <s>again</s>). It was getting pretty close to closing time and there weren't many people left so they all saw and heard what was going on. He assured us that he was amazing and his mum wasn't home this weekend so we'd have all night. After we declined him, he kept saying 'Ok' and then just standing next to our table for a few minutes before asking us again. After the third time, the barman was doubled over in tears of muffled laughter. Eventually the guy left and as we followed shortly after, everyone stared at us with "You gonna get raped" expressions. I just quickly jumped in the nearest taxi <s>but the driver was the gay guy the whole time DIRECTED BY M NIGHT SHYAMALAN</s>.

The following day we realised that we should have gone with him just so we could have robbed his TV or something.

NeoTifa
04-17-2012, 04:08 PM
You shoulda stuck it in her butt.

The most I get here in Dayton is bums asking for money.

Freya
04-17-2012, 04:19 PM
I've never been propositioned when i'm on the street but I have at one of my jobs. o.o

Jiro
04-17-2012, 05:03 PM
I don't recall any instances where I've been propositioned for sex but like Roto13 I had a guy come up to me and spin a story about something or other and ask for cash. All I had on me was plastic so I told him as much but I was sipping soda so he probably thought I was full of shit.

Sephex
04-17-2012, 05:28 PM
Not on the street but years ago at a local video rental store, the cashier handed back my change by saying, "Fifty cents is your CHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANGEEE!!!"

I thought he just saw a ghost that just happens to raise your voice louder the more you talk.

Freya
04-17-2012, 05:46 PM
^Gamer girls are hawt.
Actually it was when I was working at a convenient store! The creepers that pop in there late at night, oh man.

Psychotic
04-17-2012, 05:46 PM
Tell me more about this woman Arthur. What country was she from? You have painted a picture of a colourful accent.

I can top any of you.

One time when I was like 12 or something and walking about the town centre after school with my mates, one of the shops there used to have a "2 schoolkids at a time" policy so I was waiting outside on my own. A man in his 40's or 50's came up to me and asked me if I had the time. He asked me if I liked dogs. "No", said I. He then said he had something very important in his car he needed me to see and asked me if I would come with him. I said "No. I am waiting for my friends" or something like it, and he just slunk away.

At the time I thought nothing of it, but looking back on it I am pretty sure he wanted to bumrape me. That or his car was actually the one from Back to the Future and we would've had wacky 50's adventures together. :shobon:

Jinx
04-17-2012, 05:53 PM
That or his car was actually the one from Back to the Future and we would've had wacky 50's adventures together. :shobon:

Now you'll never know!

Also, Kaycee, you're just hawt. That's probably why. ;D

I Don't Need A Name
04-17-2012, 06:06 PM
Me and a friend have had a guy tell us he was in a car accident, so he no longer has his car, and that's why has has cuts and a MASSIVE black eye. He was asking us for change to get the bus home. For the first time, out of all the times I've had these kinds of stupid stories I told the truth when I said we had no change (we'd used every last penny on the car parking ticket). Obviously his story was a load of bullshit anyway.

Sephex
04-17-2012, 07:44 PM
If we are going to count people coming up to you asking for money/ride/whatever then that has happened to me several times. I'll give out some spare change, but that's about it, and even that is rare of me to do.

The weirdest one was when I was in a plaza that had a Subway in it. From the entrance you could see the the bathroom. Some teenager was in there with the door wide open all by himself. He was standing up and had all his clothes on, but still...kind of weird. He spots me and all of a sudden starts to sing Fallout Boy's song that says something about boxing a sugar cube. He is even doing the whole air guitar thing. As I am ordering, he comes up to me, claims that I look EXACTLY like the lead singer of Fallout Boy (I do not). He went back to singing the song for a bit and followed me out of the restaurant. I notice at this point that the Subway workers are also frantically dialing the phone.

I knew this was coming, but he suddenly switched his tone and said that he needed train fare. Told him the best I could do was some change, so I handed him probably 20some cents hoping that he would stick around because I figured the Subway people were calling the cops. I wanted this kid to be caught.

So anyway, he then goes back to his goofy mode and asks for $200.

I had enough. I asked him if he is on drugs. He didn't have the chance to answer me completely because that's when a cop came by and waved him over. The cops moved faster than I thought and came out of NOWHERE. I guess this thing happens all the time at that plaza now. It's kind of weird because while the area isn't the best, it's mainly surrounded by well off people.

My girlfriend also got begged a few months later by a woman. I have since resolved to simply say, "I'm calling the cops," next time that happens.

EDIT: Sorry about all the multiple posts. I went to edit my story to fill some parts that didn't offer enough explanation then the whole thing went nuts. Fixed now.

Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World
04-17-2012, 09:08 PM
I got propositioned at least 13 times a day for three days while I was in Thailand. It loses its effect. Even when it is a 12 year old boy, or a smokin' hot ladyboy.

Cuchulainn
04-17-2012, 09:12 PM
a wet mouth's a wet mouth. you missed a trick there.

Pike
04-17-2012, 11:45 PM
^Gamer girls are hawt.
Actually it was when I was working at a convenient store! The creepers that pop in there late at night, oh man.

The best part about being me is that I look like a 12 year old boy so in ten years of retail no one has ever creeped on me at work. And I've managed to avoid the people with 12 year old boy fetishes

Quindiana Jones
04-18-2012, 12:36 AM
a wet mouth's a wet mouth. you missed a trick there.

I'm willing to bet that it would be like shagging sandpaper in this case.

Parker
04-18-2012, 12:41 AM
an old guy kept looking at my penis at a urinal once

i was a little uncomfortable but i understood cos frankly i'd stare too

DMKA
04-18-2012, 03:47 AM
The only thing that ever happens to me is begging for money, but sometimes the stories people make up as to why they need money are pretty amusing.

Fynn
04-18-2012, 08:36 AM
A couple of guys once told me they wanted some money. They said they didn't want to lie and told me straight up they needed it to buy some vodka. This honesty took me aback and I found it so endearing that I actually gave them some money. I mean, how often does this kind of thing happen? :jess:
One other time, just before the last Christmas, a big Moustached man started telling me how he needs money for his family, etc. He was kinda too close for my tastes - he was constantly shaking my hand and would sometimes embrace me with his other arm and whisper parts of the story into my ear. I then gave him some money, but he kept asking and would not let go of my hand. Thien I gave hime some more, and though he kept asking, I even showed him that my wallet was now completely empty. He then sincerely thanked me and gave me a big kiss on the cheek. I remember feeling filthy and violated afterward. I had nightmares about him for days. :cry:

Roto13
04-18-2012, 02:14 PM
A couple of guys once told me they wanted some money. They said they didn't want to lie and told me straight up they needed it to buy some vodka. This honesty took me aback and I found it so endearing that I actually gave them some money. I mean, how often does this kind of thing happen? :jess:
One other time, just before the last Christmas, a big Moustached man started telling me how he needs money for his family, etc. He was kinda too close for my tastes - he was constantly shaking my hand and would sometimes embrace me with his other arm and whisper parts of the story into my ear. I then gave him some money, but he kept asking and would not let go of my hand. Thien I gave hime some more, and though he kept asking, I even showed him that my wallet was now completely empty. He then sincerely thanked me and gave me a big kiss on the cheek. I remember feeling filthy and violated afterward. I had nightmares about him for days. :cry:

Your problems will only be solved when you stop giving people money.

Fynn
04-18-2012, 03:07 PM

Your problems will only be solved when you stop giving people money.

The moustached guy was big and scary and could have easily knocked me out and robbed :(

Roto13
04-18-2012, 03:51 PM
If someone starts telling you a sob story, roll your eyes and they'll jump to the end. Try it, it works.

Parker
04-18-2012, 04:40 PM
that reminds me once i was in cardiff and a drunk scotsman (10am) came up to me and asked for 50p i didnt have change and he was like thats ok friend what is your name and i said parker and he said god bless you parker and he grabbed my hand and i thought i was going to die but instead he kissed my hand and walked away. his lips were wet

krissy
04-18-2012, 05:17 PM
i spent one night in hamburgs red light district and i got more propositions than there are in this thread

im not sure that counts though

Fynn
04-18-2012, 06:43 PM
his lips were wet
Oh God, yes, I know what you mean :eep:

Iceglow
04-18-2012, 06:47 PM
More to the point,

What would she have done with a Pineapple Ring and 50p?

I have been propositioned occasionally by hookers, comes of working in and drinking in and around Soho. I normally just smile and go "not tonight, my hand will get jealous" or something witty even when walking past with a lady on my arm.