PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy Characters in Hogwarts Houses

Forsaken Lover
04-19-2012, 12:03 AM
Well I'm an HP fan and this just occurred to me.

What FF characters do you think would fit best in each Hogwarts house?

here are the Houses as well as the traits that they are looking for:

Gryffindor
Bravery/Courageousness
Chivalry

Hufflepuff
Hardworkingness / Steadfastness
Honor / Judiciousness
Goodheartedness / Virtue

Ravenclaw
Intelligence / Studiousness
Analytical / Deductive / Tactical Thinking
Mindful / Contemplative
Good Sense

Slytherin
Cunning
Ambition
Charisma / Diplomatic Ability

For starters, I'm curious what house Seifer would go into.

Del Murder
04-19-2012, 03:18 AM
Wouldn't Seifer be a clear Slyterin?

I want to know which one Quina would go to.

Alpha2099
04-19-2012, 03:58 AM
With the aid of a friend, we went over some of the characters for FF6.

Locke = Gryffindor
Terra = Ravenclaw
Edgar and Sabin = Hufflepuff
Celes = Slytherin
Cyan = Gryffindor
Shadow = Slytherin
Gau = ...umm, out back with Hagrid?
Setzer = Slytherin
Strago and Relm = Ravenclaw

EDIT: Just heard from another friend. This one is for FFX.
Yuna = Gryffindor, most of her crew would be Hufflepuff
Auron = Gryffindor
Lulu = Ravenclaw
Seymour = Slytherin

Forsaken Lover
04-19-2012, 09:12 AM

How so? I guess he has some ambition but he doesn't seem to fit the other criteria.

Bubba
04-19-2012, 09:30 AM
My FFVII crew...

Cloud - Gryffindor
Aeris - Gryffindor
Tifa - Gryffindor/Ravenclaw
Nanaki - Ravenclaw
Barret - Hufflepuff
Cid - Hufflepuff
Yuffie - Slytherin
Vincent - Slytherin
Cait Sith - Slytherin

Cue arguments...

Jinx
04-19-2012, 03:30 PM
Zidane: Gryffindor or Hufflepuff
Garnet: Ravenclaw
Vivi: Ravenclaw
Steiner: Hufflepuff
Freya: Ravenclaw
Quina: Slytherin
Eiko: Slytherin
Amarant: Ravenclaw

Mind you, I'm going by the traits listed above, not by their "reputations."

Mercen-X
04-19-2012, 08:00 PM
I don't think you could be further off-base than to suggest that either Vincent or Shadow be in Slytherin house. I don't see either of them being particularly ambitious or really very charismatic or diplomatic. As a ninja, Shadow is required to be cunning, but he also requires many characteristics that would make him more suitable to Ravenclaw house. The same is true for Vincent.

Sephiroth (and pretty much every other FF villain) is definitely a Slytherin as are Rufus, Tseng, Hojo, and Corneo's lackey, Scotch.

Reno & Rude would also belong to Ravenclaw house whereas Elena would be more suitable to Hufflepuff. Reeve, despite being the man behind the curtain in the case of Cait Sith, is an entirely different person and would either be a candidate for Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff.

NOW somebody give us the rundown on the house candidacy of the cast of Final Fantasy X.

Quindiana Jones
04-20-2012, 12:17 PM
Quina is a Hufflepuff, if ever I've seen one.

Jinx
04-20-2012, 02:19 PM
^You're going by reputation, instead of actual personality traits.

Bubba
04-20-2012, 02:37 PM
I don't think you could be further off-base than to suggest that either Vincent or Shadow be in Slytherin house. I don't see either of them being particularly ambitious or really very charismatic or diplomatic. As a ninja, Shadow is required to be cunning, but he also requires many characteristics that would make him more suitable to Ravenclaw house. The same is true for Vincent.

I disagree. Vincent was a former Turk and therefore would have had plenty of cunning and ambition. In my opinion, he was also one of the most charismatic of the FFVII protagonists.

Quindiana Jones
04-20-2012, 06:10 PM

S/he's steadfast and goodhearted, and s/he doesn't fit into any other House; textbook Hufflepuff. :D

Jinx
04-20-2012, 06:18 PM

S/he's steadfast and goodhearted, and s/he doesn't fit into any other House; textbook Hufflepuff. :D

I really wouldn't say that. I put s/he in Slytherin, because it's always ambitious and trying to be clever about getting food. That's all it care about. Ever. Itself.

Jiro
04-20-2012, 08:48 PM

How so? I guess he has some ambition but he doesn't seem to fit the other criteria.

Malfoy wasn't exactly charismatic. Sorceress Knight Seifer and Voldemort's Pet Draco give me very similar vibes.

Depression Moon
04-21-2012, 02:17 AM
Yeah after replaying VIII after reading HP Seifer always reminds me of Draco. Going from the books some characters don't seem like on the surface they should be in the house they are and where'd you get the personality traits for Hufflepuff? That was the one house I really knew next to nothing about in the books. I don't think a single prominent character was from that house in the books, I just figured the Hufflepuffs were the weird bunch so I'd put Quina in that.

Forsaken Lover
04-22-2012, 03:44 AM
Judging by the Sorting Hat's songs, Hufflepuffs are characterized mainly by hard-working. Also it outright calls them "the rest" since Gryffindor took the bold, Slytherin took the cunning and Ravenclaw took the brilliant.

Also comparing Seifer to Malfoy is totally unfair. Malfoy was all talk. When it came time to actually support the Dark Lord he supposedly revered, he turned out to be a cowering pansy who couldn't hurt anyone or do anything.

Seifer was a gallant knight who threw himself into what he was doing with gusto. He was living his dream to the fullest.

Well, in a very deluded and sad kind of way.

Psychotic
04-22-2012, 04:11 AM
Mukki: Slytherin. He is ambitious about getting Cloud into bed with him.
Mr Dolphin: Gryffindor. He was very brave to let Cloud ride on his back.
Bugenhagen: Ravenclaw. This one is obvious.
Chocobo Sage: Hufflepuff. As is this :greenie:

Chris
04-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Gryffindor: Steiner. He is the definition of being a Gryffindor.

Ravenclaw: Nanaki. Wise beyond his years.

Hufflepuff: Selphie. No, srsly.

Slytherin: Quina. S/he is selfish, and doesn't think or care about anything but food. A Slytherin doesn't have to be evil, look at Professor Slughorn. The resemblance between the two is uncanny.

http://images2.fanpop.com/images/photos/7300000/Horace-Slughorn-Potions-Professor-HP-HBP-movie-hogwarts-professors-7362270-500-400.jpg

http://images.wikia.com/finalfantasy/images/2/24/Quina_Quen_character.jpg

Mercen-X
04-26-2012, 11:51 PM
I disagree. Vincent was a former Turk and therefore would have had plenty of cunning and ambition. In my opinion, he was also one of the most charismatic of the FFVII protagonists.

Pretty much anyone of the Turks would better qualify for Ravenclaw than for Slytherin. I've never heard anyone of them utter a single word or phrase suggesting a whit of ambition (maybe Elena or Tseng on some whispered level). Vincent fell in love and challenged Hojo outright without cunning. Reno and Rude pretty much just want to be left alone when they're not working.

Rantz
04-30-2012, 09:57 AM
I agree with Quin about Quina. I mean, come on, the Hufflepuff common room is right by the kitchens! If Harry could pick Gryffindor over Slytherin, Quina could pick Hufflepuff. And she would. Boy, she would.