PDA

View Full Version : Odd things that piss you off

NeoCracker
04-20-2012, 03:11 AM
This is a thread to share wierd things in video games that have pissed you off, things that probably shouldn't.

Now anyone who has played Persona 3 knows what a beast the Sleeping Table is. They also know how much more of a beast he is on hard mode.

What happened was I went to fight him, my Party being my Main, Ken, Mitsuru with some armor that was a bit weaker then the other armors, but had fire resist, and Aigis.

How I beat sleeping table the frist time was a ridiculous amount of healing from my main character and Mitsuru, Akahiko was split between healing and attacking, and Aigis did most of my offense. I used her because a) I love Aigis, and B) she has enough defenses to keep from getting killed off by that damned table from hell. This is a rather long figth, as he has good HP and defenses, yet my offense is slow.

ANyone would know this is because the damage output of this boss is insane, with his constant barrage of Megidolo and Maragidyne. That much healing was pretty much necessary.

I go in this play through, on hard mode, ready to annialate him, using Ken instaed of Akahiko as previous play throughs.

Rounds 1 and 2 the table Hama's Ken to no avail. Round 3 he fails to Hama Mitsuru. Round 4 evil smile, works on Aigis. This is the first round Mitsuru has to use her healing. It's on Aigis, but only because she was healing the HP loss of Aigis's own attacks.

Round 5 he finally uses Maragidyne. Fight ends next round. I win.

I had four straight rounds of offense on sleeping table. That shouldn't happen. THe games most hellish fight was a cake walk.

And oh god was I pissed off over this. All the hell I've gone through in the past to beat this fucker, and he just lays over and goes 'fuck it, I dont' care anymore'.

Not even one Megidalo, which would probably have one shot a full health Mitsuru, and nearly the other three as well.

Share your stories of awkward bouts of anger! :monster:

Laddy
04-20-2012, 03:27 AM
I require all my parties in RPG's to be the same level all the time and any deviation pisses me off.

NeoCracker
04-20-2012, 03:32 AM
I use to be like that too actually. :p

VeloZer0
04-20-2012, 05:20 AM
I actually like it when they are all different levels because you get level ups multiple times as often. Helps break up the monotony.

One of my pet peves is bosses that get inordinately more difficult as they get closer to death. Especially if they show a health bar. What is the point in a health bar if you cut the damage in half for the last 1/4 hp?!? Why couldn't you just give the boss 25% more HP and have them do their super attack at 2/5 instead of 1/4. It just seems like lazy game design the make landing the final blow have an artificially inflated sense of accomplishment.

krissy
04-20-2012, 06:23 AM
i disagree, it's not different than near death stat increases such as auto-shell or auto-protect from crowns that activate on players once the character reaches a certain low HP threshold

i personally kept all my mist points or whatever until the end of the fight because i knew i'd have to use em

Ultima Shadow
04-22-2012, 12:50 PM
RPGs: Not being able to use all the characters I like/want to use in my party. And since the inactive members won't get any EXP whatsoever, I'm pretty much forced to decide on a single party I'll use for the rest of the game and ditch the other characters I like.

This mostly happens in the "Tales of" series.

It shouldn't piss me off, since it basically means there's a big cast of awesome characters to pick from. But damn it, I wanna use Yuri, Raven, Estelle, Rita AND Judith! =(