PDA

View Full Version : Adamant Armor

Wolf Kanno
04-21-2012, 06:45 PM
any of you have actually been bored enough to get this? Hell, how many of you have been crazy enough to get one for every final party member in the original? My confession is that although I've usually made a point to get all the summons for Rydia, I've never tried to get the Adamant Armor. I think I'll rectify this oversight this summer.

Depression Moon
04-21-2012, 10:35 PM
Is it that hard to get? I haven't played IV in a while, but I thought I recall always getting an item with Adamant in its name.

VeloZer0
04-22-2012, 01:03 AM
No, I have never bothered but I feel unethical taking the top poll option as it implies I have a life.

Gamblet
04-22-2012, 01:08 PM
I have a life, no thank you.

Wolf Kanno
04-22-2012, 11:36 PM
Is it that hard to get? I haven't played IV in a while, but I thought I recall always getting an item with Adamant in its name.

It's the strongest armor in the game, you have to obtain a Pink Tail, which is a super rare drop, from a super rare monster called Pink Puff/Flan Princess that can be traded to the Tail Collecting Miner at the Mythril Town for the armor. It sports the highest defense gives a huge boost to all stats, and makes you resist all statuses and elements. You're basically unstoppable, which is why the process of getting it is incredibly tedious. :D

Depression Moon
04-23-2012, 02:56 AM
Oh I guess I never got it then and I never knew the item even existed.

sabin101
04-25-2012, 03:37 PM
I tried to get the armor once and I could never get the pink tail. I kept trying to use the sirens and I never got the drop. How does the armor do against the last boss battle? Just curious.

Roogle
04-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Yes, I will occasionally grind a little bit and input a Game Genie code to add it to my party members. I don't have the time to deal with drop rates that are less than 1 out of 128.

sabin101
05-02-2012, 02:11 AM
Yea no kidding it can take forever to get the item. I tried for a few weeks and never got anything so I just gave up. I guess I don't have the patience to get the item.

Roogle
05-02-2012, 11:53 PM
If you put in the time to get the item, you should just add it to your inventory with the use of codes. What are you playing the game on? That might be easy to do. I think everyone that plays the game at some point should see how that armor works. It's very powerful.

theundeadhero
05-05-2012, 12:31 AM
On my SNES version I once tried to but my characters were all level 99 when I finally gave up.

Sephex
05-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Yes, I have done it a couple of times. I only ever get one if I even bother to go for it. To me, it's not that big of deal. I'm not trying to sound like one of "those" gamers, but this game's difficultly is overhyped.

Depression Moon
05-11-2012, 05:53 PM
None of the FF games have been that hard to me. Yeah the SNES generation is harder than the others and I'm now on the NES gen with III, but it's still not that hard to me. Hopefully, the original will be the great challenge.

robfinalfantasy
05-20-2012, 02:41 AM
Tried for hours and no freaking tail dropped.