PDA

View Full Version : Article: Welcome Back and Legacy Campaigns

Freya
04-23-2012, 01:52 PM
If you did or didn't know (probably did) Final Fantasy XIV has had, well, a rocky start. It came out in 2010, then they proceeded to fire all their devs that December and has since been trying to re-work itself into what they are calling Final Fantasy XIV Version 2.0. And it's about to beta itself up!

So to get everyone back into playing, Square-Enix (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/43218-Letter-from-the-Producer-XXVII-%2804-20-2012%29) is giving those who have spent the time in game, with all the recent patches and what not, something nifty and special through the Legacy Campaign. What special things, you may ask. How about permanently discounted subscription of $9.99 per month and a Chocobo mount when 2.0 releases! How do I get these things? Another valid question. The Legacy Campaign introduces benefits to subscribers active for 90 days (cumulative) or more between Jan 6th up until the launch of Version 2.0.

http://home.eyesonff.com/content/attachments/35919d1335037503-chocobomount.png.html

Yupppppp. That's pretty nifty BUT JUST YOU WAIT! They also have a Welcome Back Campaign too! It wants you to recruit your inactive friends who may have discarded the game early on with a free 10 day trial (May 9 8:00 PM PT - May 20 11:59 PM PT) where you can try out all the nifty new stuff they've been adding. Like the new job systems, primal battles, dungeons and the like! Neat-o!

If that's not enough news for you, you can always click through the link at the end of Yoshi-P's letter, where you'll find a post with some juicy new details about 2.0. (http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/38201?p=638928#post638928) And I quote...

There are a lot of features we haven't talked about yet as well:

•In 2.0’s Character Creation, you can change female character’s bust _____
•You can change the length of a Miqo’te's ___
•Each race will start with its own starting gear
•Letters and Deliveries will be delivered by the familiar ________
•Benchmark program is being remade for 2.0
•When you first play 2.0, the 2D world map is covered and you will have to actually travel to that part of the map to unlock it
•New characters and primals will be added to the main scenario

That's right, folks. You can change boob size. Or at least, boob ____. Whatever else that could be but 'size'... feel free to comment on that.

Maybe FFXIV can save itself with all this! Let's hope it turns out well. Will you be coming back?

Loony BoB
04-24-2012, 12:27 PM
I have to say I'm extremely happy with this. It's like I've just been given a big present. Firstly, 40 characters for one payment. Oh man. I mean, I don't even know where to begin. I'll inevitably make a few mules, I guess, and I can't think of anything I would do beyond that. But either way, it's all for free. Actually better than free, now that I think about it. Discounted from the cost of one character per world, I get 40 characters over multiple worlds. Ha!

Chocobo mount thing is okay too, but I look forward to what they are going to do with chocobo breeding etc. more than that.

*Devore*
04-27-2012, 02:56 PM
Sounds good, I was planning on playing for at least the next 3 months, so that will be 90 days active right there.