PDA

View Full Version : Magic/Card Tricks



Pike
04-26-2012, 07:13 AM
Sometimes I watch these on YouTube and they're just crazy and blow my mind. Do you know how to do any? It always drives me nuts when they don't tell us how they did it! :mad2:

Bunny
04-26-2012, 08:01 AM
This is precisely the kind of thread that would get Gob in trouble.

leader of mortals
04-26-2012, 08:19 AM
90% of card tricks are sleight of hand, the other 10% are card forces.

Jiro
04-26-2012, 08:45 AM
I know a card trick. Magic, not so much. There is a brazillian here at UW who is fucking magnificent at tricks and also does shit I can't figure out. He was wasted beyond disbelief and I still couldn't spot the secret

Bubba
04-26-2012, 12:25 PM
I know a few using card force but I'm far too clumsy to pull off sleight of hand.

I'm thinking of a card now... can anyone guess what it is?

Jinx
04-26-2012, 03:39 PM
This is precisely the kind of thread that would get Gob in trouble.

I've made a huge mistake.

Sephex
04-26-2012, 06:29 PM
The only trick I know is called "Coal or Fire."

Before you start tell them these simple instructions:

Ask someone to say coal when a card is black.
When the card is red, ask them to say fire.

When you get to a red card scream the word fire as loud as you can while you spray the cards everywhere. This trick is kind of like 52 card pick up, but more needlessly complex and annoying.

Peegee
04-26-2012, 07:06 PM
52 card pickup

Jiro
04-26-2012, 07:20 PM
The only trick I know is called "Coal or Fire."

Before you start tell them these simple instructions:

Ask someone to say coal when a card is black.
When the card is red, ask them to say fire.

When you get to a red card scream the word fire as loud as you can while you spray the cards everywhere. This trick is kind of like 52 card pick up, but more needlessly complex and annoying.

We played something similar called smoke or fire. You had to guess the colour of the card. If you got it wrong, you drank. Somebody nicked my drink though.

Parker
04-26-2012, 08:22 PM
im a pretty big magic nerd and im also into the gambling cheating stuff. there's always a deck of cards in my hands. I love the methodology and sleight of hand.

i never really perform it or anything altho I think i could be quite good in a professional capacity. the industry is terrible tho and magicians are horrible people, so i now avoid

NeoCracker
04-27-2012, 02:22 AM
I enjoy a good magic show. A couple of my favorite bits from recently.

Mathieu Bich Fooled Penn & Teller - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpthjI1z2FM&feature=related)
Card Trick Leaves Penn and Teller Puzzled - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvW7-019XLQ&feature=related)
Easily the funniest magic trick i've ever seen - penn and teller - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kk5xfK0ovrk&feature=related)

Pike
04-27-2012, 07:03 AM
Those ones where they're trying to fool Penn and Teller always amaze me.

NeoCracker
04-27-2012, 07:11 AM
I'm so hoping they do another season. I love that show so much.

rubah
04-27-2012, 04:39 PM
I can break my thumb apart

Raistlin
04-27-2012, 06:27 PM
I'm so hoping they do another season. I love that show so much.

Agreed. I love everything Penn and Teller.

Ace Protorney
04-29-2012, 11:38 PM
I once took someone's nose with my hand. They were really impressed until they realized it was just my thumb.

leader of mortals
04-30-2012, 05:57 AM
I used to do a pretty good card force trick where I would look at the bottom card of the deck, and then I would tell them to point to that card, but not look at it, then I would look at the card, and tell them to pick that card, and then do it again. Then I would say I would pick the next card, and pick the bottom card. Then I would lay down all 4 cards and say "You pick this, this, and this, and I picked this", and the other person is just like wut.

krissy
05-01-2012, 06:44 PM
and for my next trick
im gonna make this pencil
disappear

Laddy
05-02-2012, 04:42 AM
Me: Take this card.
Victim: Okay. *takes*
Me: May I see that?
Victim: Sure *gives*
Me: Is this your card?

They somehow see through it though! :/

leader of mortals
05-02-2012, 09:05 AM
This next trick really only works if you've done a trick already, so that they just kinda go along for the ride. You tell them to pick a card, any card, and fan out the cards in front of you, but you fan them so you see the face of them. A lot of times, people won't catch it, and then you laugh at them mercilessly