PDA

View Full Version : "Cheating" On My Favorite

Chris
04-27-2012, 02:38 PM
This is driving me slightly insane. I seem completely incapable of really, truly, loving but one artist at a time. When I fall for an artist, it becomes sickly. If I even consider listening to anything else, I feel like I'm somehow betraying him/her. It just feels like I can't have more than one true favorite at a time.

Can you relate to this at all on any level? Please, tell me you can. :(

Old Manus
04-27-2012, 03:02 PM
Okay, MJN SEIFER, come out, the game is up.

krissy
04-27-2012, 04:06 PM
i'm a polylistener
can't relate

fire_of_avalon
04-27-2012, 05:41 PM
I can't even name 10 favorite anything because it's all my favorite.

Jiro
04-27-2012, 06:51 PM
I can't even name 10 favorite anything because it's all my favorite.

This.

Sephex
04-27-2012, 07:33 PM
While I do have favorites, I certainly don't limit myself. I listen to what I like simple as that.

In fact, I love putting my iPod on random for the awkward situations it can cause. I'm not talking about something like a heavy rock song being followed up by Ice Cube or whatever.

This one time I left it on random with a friend and his now ex in my car. For awhile the iPod happened to cycle through stuff we all generally enjoyed. Suddenly, that short dancer jingle track (I forget the name of it right now) from FFIV blasts through my speakers. After what seemed like an eternity of awkward silence, my friend's ex says, "What the **** was that?" I live for moments like that.

sharkythesharkdogg
04-30-2012, 09:15 PM
It's hard for me to even pick a favorite genre of music. Picking a specific artist would be painful.

Bubba
05-01-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm with Jiro, FoA, Krissy, Sephex and Sharky.

I cheat on my favourites all the time. In fact, I'm a filthy, musical whore.

GhandiOwnsYou
05-01-2012, 03:02 AM
While I do have favorites, I certainly don't limit myself. I listen to what I like simple as that.

In fact, I love putting my iPod on random for the awkward situations it can cause. I'm not talking about something like a heavy rock song being followed up by Ice Cube or whatever.

This one time I left it on random with a friend and his now ex in my car. For awhile the iPod happened to cycle through stuff we all generally enjoyed. Suddenly, that short dancer jingle track (I forget the name of it right now) from FFIV blasts through my speakers. After what seemed like an eternity of awkward silence, my friend's ex says, "What the **** was that?" I live for moments like that.

I recall one time I took like 4 of my buddies from base to lunch in my car. Suddenly, my speakers go quite, dramatic pause... "MAYBE I'M A LION."

Yeah, I didn't get away from that for several months.

Sephex
05-01-2012, 04:42 AM

I recall one time I took like 4 of my buddies from base to lunch in my car. Suddenly, my speakers go quite, dramatic pause... "MAYBE I'M A LION."

Yeah, I didn't get away from that for several months.

Oh man, that is beautiful!

escobert
05-01-2012, 04:49 AM
I've pretty much listened to the same music I always have. If it ain't broken don't fix it!