PDA

View Full Version : The Three Stooges return in 2012

SuperMillionaire
04-30-2012, 08:23 PM
I just watched The Three Stooges yesterday, and let me tell you, anyone looking for a nostalgic feel of 1960s slapstick comedy will get a kick out of this film! It was hilarious! Anyone remember these three guys and their insane-zany antics?

Del Murder
04-30-2012, 11:02 PM
Remaking the stooges seems odd. It's like remaking I Love Lucy. The three stooges were those guys, not just characters any actor can play. You can recreate the situations and put a modern spin with modern actors in it, but it won't be the same.

I don't know if this movie is funny but I probably won't find out. If I want some stooges, I'll watch their classics. They surprisingly hold up well over time. Getting hit in the groin is funny no matter what era it's from.

SuperMillionaire
05-10-2012, 09:26 PM
True, but it's also quite painful too.

I would also like to see a CGI-animated series one day, if possible.

G13
05-16-2012, 02:34 AM
I can't stress enough how awful I find that idea, SM.

DMKA
05-16-2012, 03:33 AM
I thought it looked terrible. The dude who plays as Larry, with that fake hair, is absolutely horrifying. I'll admit from the previews, Will Sasso does as dead on a Curly as anyone probably could. Pointless cultural references everywhere, right down to shoehorning the entire case of Jersey Shore into the movie.

I won't be seeing it.

It's like remaking I Love Lucy.

I can see this happening, and it's unpleasant to say the least.