PDA

View Full Version : So who's going to build the ark?

Pike
05-01-2012, 06:03 AM
BBC News - April is the wettest month for 100 years (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17897982)

Apparently the UK is under water. I've been seeing a lot of rain all way over here in Montana, as well (and even some snow because lol montana).

How's the weather in your neck of the woods? Waterworld yet?

escobert
05-01-2012, 06:10 AM
It's been a pretty normal april here imo.

Freya
05-01-2012, 06:51 AM
TORNADOES! I'm under a tornado watch right now heh. We've got a lot more rain and storms here lately. Last year sucked though. We were in such a drought it's normal how it is this year but after last year it feels like it's been raining a lot.

Old Manus
05-01-2012, 09:18 AM
It's funny because we're supposed to be in the middle of a drought and there are hosepipe bans.

Not in Wales though, this is just regular weather and none of us see what the problem is.

Bubba
05-01-2012, 11:49 AM
I'm in Northern England and yes... it's raining.

Being from Manchester though this is completely normal for us too...

Sephex
05-01-2012, 11:54 AM
I haven't noticed any real difference. Whenever it rained it was light rainfall or somewhat heavy rainfall that didn't last too long. Chicagoland area for the record.

Bunny
05-01-2012, 04:57 PM
It hasn't rained here for awhile.

Peegee
05-01-2012, 05:06 PM
There could be 121 CM of rain here and I would be happy as hell.

It rained..yesterday? yeah. It was glorious n_______n

NorthernChaosGod
05-01-2012, 07:39 PM
It's been switching been hot and humid and chilly and humid. :colbert:

CelShadedDreams
05-01-2012, 07:52 PM
I watched the river near my work rise by almost a foot over the course of the day and a fair few trees being swept away in the current. I live in the South West of the UK where we've been taking the worst of it. It's definitely worse than normal, but I think it's more the fact that we haven't had proper rain in two years so we've become used to the dry and the rain is more of a shock!

Laddy
05-02-2012, 12:26 AM
Hell, in Tennessee, they're about to open vaults. My family's waiting for my letter. :)

Hollycat
05-02-2012, 02:41 AM
what is this water you speak of?

Laddy
05-02-2012, 03:39 AM
Hypo, one day a long time ago we used to have a thing called water. Kinda like coke except colored "invisible" and had no sugar in it (supposedly, we all know all liquids have sugar in them). This was in the time of wizards and knights, a long time ago, around 1990. Many scientists still insist that water never existed, and is merely a manmade myth like Crystal Pepsi or freedom.

Sephex
05-02-2012, 04:26 AM
Hypo, one day a long time ago we used to have a thing called water. Kinda like coke except colored "invisible" and had no sugar in it (supposedly, we all know all liquids have sugar in them). This was in the time of wizards and knights, a long time ago, around 1990. Many scientists still insist that water never existed, and is merely a manmade myth like Crystal Pepsi or freedom.

I have a tear in my eye from all that. Wait, that's where water is from. Tear ducts.

Hollycat
05-02-2012, 04:56 AM

So it's the same thing as an interest free loan or a bad Will Smith movie?

Laddy
05-02-2012, 06:23 AM

I have a tear in my eye from all that. Wait, that's where water is from. Tear ducts.
So that's what an aqueduct is! The Mongol Empire was so brilliant!

~*~Celes~*~
05-04-2012, 06:45 PM
haven't had a lot of rain in my area, though it is raining now. we didn't get a lot of snow this winter either :p it's gonna be hot as hell though all summer, *shudder*