PDA

View Full Version : Hills of Old Wyoming

Chris
05-02-2012, 12:12 PM
http://www.thedougsite.net/Two-weeks/wyoming4.jpg

A friend of mine visited the States last year, and absolutely fell in love with Wyoming. I thought, "Wyoming?". I looked through his photos and then Googled my way through it, and discovered how absolutely beautiful it is there.

So, tell me, is this another one of my delusions, or is Wyoming really actually a beautiful place to visit?

Laddy
05-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Pretty. Where's the roller coasters?

Jinx
05-02-2012, 12:58 PM
It's pretty if you like, go into Yellowstone.

Ask Kaycee and Jiro.

Sephex
05-02-2012, 02:46 PM
I was on a family road trip in between grades in Junior High many years ago. I fell asleep in the car at some point and woke up to very low clouds by mountains in Wyoming. It was awesome.

Pike
05-02-2012, 03:03 PM
It's quite pretty. Yellowstone is pretty great until you've been two million times like I have.

Montana is prettier ;D

Freya
05-02-2012, 07:05 PM
Wyoming Is pretty in the great plains sense if you have never been there and had to live in it. It's different, rolling hills, no trees, lots of sage. But it gets old, quick. Around the mountains it's gorgeous but that's only small parts of the state. The rest is the great plains and that's boring as smurf. The edge by the Black Hills of South Dakota is beautiful. The Big horn mountain range that goes up to Montana, that's another good spot. The Laramie Mountain range is pretty nice. I went to college at the base of Casper Mountain. And the Uintas, which are in Utah mainly but southern Wyoming. The tallest mountain in america (besides the one in Alaska) is there. Of course also Yellowstone and that mountain range along the Montana border. If you stay to the mountains, it's beautiful, if not. Boo.

Hollycat
05-02-2012, 07:49 PM
Wyoming is the Rural version of New Jersey, try Colorado or Alaska.
Edit: excuse me, I've been told that is Wisconson.

but seriously, overall America is very.... Orange?
I'm not sure how to say it. The prettier places are in Alaska, Colorado, and New York. Stay out of New Jersy.

Freya
05-02-2012, 08:13 PM
Colorado is also very plainsy. Most people just think of, again, around the mountain range. Which is gorgeous! BUT It's a lot like Wyoming just more flat. Wyoming continuously has hills everywhere, Colorado doesn't. And if it does have hills they aren't as dramatic. BELIEVE ME, I've driven through Colorado to get to Wyoming so many times I have lost count. Fun fact, besides Alaska, Hawaii, Washington and Oregon, I've driven to every state on this side of the Mississippi river.

Hollycat
05-02-2012, 08:47 PM
There isn't nearly enough green in America, if you have the choice, just keep on driving to Canada or swim to Iceland.

In winter though Colorado, New York, Washington are great.

Bunny
05-02-2012, 10:33 PM
The western portion of Colorado isn't very flat. The area surrounding I-25, which I'm assuming is where you've driven through, and all of the eastern offshoots of I-25 are incredibly flat though.

Freya
05-03-2012, 12:35 AM
I've driven various routes. Mostly Southern and Eastern parts. We try to change it up cause it is far too boring of a drive.

Sephex
05-03-2012, 04:36 AM
I've driven various routes. Mostly Southern and Eastern parts. We try to change it up cause it is far too boring of a drive.

The whole boring drive also reminds me of the same family road trip mentioned above. I remember at one point I fell asleep in Nebraska. Nothing but a perfectly flat field. Woke up briefly hours later as dad was still driving.

"Hey, Dad. What state are we in now?"

"Still Nebraska."

"Well, that's stupid."

I fell back asleep right away.

escobert
05-03-2012, 04:54 AM
It's funny, I've been to like 9 counties but Chicago is the farthest west I've ever been and South Carolina is the farthest south I've ever been. I need to go see more of the US!

fire_of_avalon
05-03-2012, 07:50 PM
There isn't nearly enough green in America, if you have the choice, just keep on driving to Canada or swim to Iceland.

In winter though Colorado, New York, Washington are great.
Clearly you've never been in Appalachia, the Ohio River Valley, Seattle, or a lot of places in the US that I've only seen pictures of.

I really want to go West and see the plains, and of course to the South West and see the deserts. And the Badlands. But I don't find much in nature boring. And everyone knocks cornfields. I like cornfields.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-03-2012, 07:53 PM
It's not the cornfields themselves, it's the tendency for little kids to show up and murder you for being too.

+1 for Appalachia. Anyone on the East coast has a chance to see some really beautiful country side.

Jiro
05-03-2012, 08:15 PM
Wyoming is beautiful and I will fight anyone who says otherwise.

DMKA
05-05-2012, 06:27 AM
Dunno, never been through Wyoming.

Out of all 13 states I've been to, California and Illinois are the only states I've ever been to where I saw stuff that made me say "Wow, that's gorgeous, nature is fucking awesome" etc.

Northern California is incredibly beautiful.

Pike
05-05-2012, 02:59 PM
Places I've been to that have awed me with their beauty:

Northern California
Southern Utah
Tiny little northwest corner of Washington state
Most of Montana

I have never been east of Montana.

escobert
05-05-2012, 05:43 PM
I think pretty much all of Northern New England is beautiful, with dark green forests and mountains and hills all around you. when your up high and looking down onto valleys and see fog all over the valley, that's pretty cool. Or just seeing for miles and miles from up high on a mountain top.

Also the Fjords in the South Island of New Zealand were amazing. Being in the Swiss Alps was pretty sweet as well. I ate fondu at the base of the Igor xD

Shlup
05-06-2012, 10:40 PM
I found Oklahoma to be a peaceful place.

Agent Proto
05-08-2012, 11:54 PM
You can find beauty pretty much at any place once you know where to look. In fact, most landscapes are pretty to look at, even city landscapes are awe inspiring. Wyoming is a nice place, but mostly boring if you prefer the life in the city.