PDA

View Full Version : Coffee coffee coffee!

Freya
05-04-2012, 04:06 PM
I can't drink black coffee, I have to add a bunch of creamer and sugar to mine but I love it like that. I like having coffee in the morning if I'm up. It feels a bit odd to have it later in the day. There isn't any cool coffee shops around here though, I do love starbucks.

It usually peps me right up but of course you always have the crash later and I feel horrible. I should drink it all day!

What's your opinion on this black gold? Did you know that coffee is the 2nd most traded thing in the world, the first being oil?:kakapo:

Hollycat
05-04-2012, 04:11 PM
COFFEE IZ MAH LYFEBLUD.

I did know that.

I like coffee

NorthernChaosGod
05-04-2012, 04:21 PM
If you add more than one cream or sugar, you don't like coffee, you like sugar. :colbert:

Freya
05-04-2012, 04:25 PM
I like creamer with a slight coffee taste, then. :D

Peegee
05-04-2012, 04:31 PM
I thought I tricked the system - I would drink coffee with 0% milk and artificial sweetener.

EWWWWWW

Jessweeee♪
05-04-2012, 05:17 PM
I usually drink instant or go to McDonald's. Starbucks is great, but so expensive! The local mom and pop cafes are even worse, though they do have better baked goods and also gelatto!

I never knew until I started drinking it that I've always needed coffee. In high school I always left the house looking really shitty. It was because I was tired and I really didn't give a shit. I slept in class all day and of course that just made me more tired, so all throughout the day I continued not giving any shits. By my senior year I was showing up to school some days with nothing but a pillow in my bag and I was always very curt with people. I just wasn't a morning person, and starting my day in the morning just kind of mucked the rest of it up.

But then I got this 8 to 5 job that requires attention to detail and friendliness so I was like "this isn't going to cut it, maybe I should try this coffee thing out" and hey now I function like a normal person!

sharkythesharkdogg
05-04-2012, 05:21 PM
Black or one sugar.

No cream. :mad2:

Freya
05-04-2012, 05:25 PM
And I thought you were cool Sharky :colbert:

@Jess Oh man, I learned of coffee around my senior year. I had to wake up at 5:30 to get to school but that was in my hay day of eoff addiction so I'd be up at like 1am so I got very little sleep. I wouldn't have made it through HS had coffee not existed. I'm also not a morning person, it's crazy how coffee changes that huh?

Old Manus
05-04-2012, 05:31 PM
I thought coffee was cool before hipsters ruined it.

Chris
05-04-2012, 05:57 PM
I like coffee-flavoured things, but I can't drink the stuff. :|

~*~Celes~*~
05-04-2012, 06:37 PM
i love coffee! we have a caribou coffee stand in our mall that i love to go to, white chocolate vanilla latte is my favorite. Haven't had any in a few months though :p

Rantz
05-04-2012, 06:52 PM
I liek cawfee. I go long periods drinking little to nothing of it, and long periods drinking way too much of it. The espresso machine at my new job knows it its biz, so right now I'm on like 4-6 cups a day. Not big ones, but pretty strong ones. I usually like milk in there, but if the coffee's good I'm fine without it. No sugar. Never sugar.

Bubba
05-04-2012, 06:56 PM
Tea is the only answer. Strong. No sugar. A splash of milk.

People who drink tea are 73% more likely to develop super powers at some point in their life.

People who drink coffee are 68% more likely to be killed by minions of the anti-Christ for constantly drinking his blood...

Sephex
05-04-2012, 07:29 PM
I don't drink coffee, but I tend to have a 5 hour energy when I drink heavy on the weekends.

Some may say that I am risking an inevitable heart attack, but I prefer to think that I'm merely risking my heart entering some sort of mosh mode. I don't know, heartcore dancing, perhaps?

Jinx
05-04-2012, 07:36 PM
I'm with Bubba. Tea > Coffee.

krissy
05-04-2012, 09:42 PM
i have 3 a day now
just like freyc, i am addicted to creamer

Araciel
05-04-2012, 11:55 PM
Wendy's Training Video Hot Drinks - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ZXeFPpPJeI)

sharkythesharkdogg
05-05-2012, 12:36 AM
And I thought you were cool Sharky :colbert:

I'm too cool for turning my coffee into a syrupy, tan, luke warm......emulsion. :eep:

I like tea as well. Earl Gray! :jess:

NorthernChaosGod
05-05-2012, 01:21 AM
I knew I could count on some sensible people up in here. Pontus, Joe. *brofist*

Pike
05-05-2012, 01:33 AM
I don't drink coffee. Instead, I drink two bottles of Mountain Dew a day.

Someday I'm going to die from sugar overdose but at least I'll die happy

Bubba
05-05-2012, 01:36 AM

...and surrounded by ants.

Sephex
05-05-2012, 02:58 AM

...and surrounded by ants.

The best part is that the ants will all be X-TREME ants riding motorcycles and monster trucks while doing sweet back flips and unnecessarily abbreviating things.

Roto13
05-05-2012, 03:52 AM
I brew my own because nobody else makes it strong enough for me.

Shiny
05-05-2012, 04:26 AM
I don't loathe coffee, but I definitely prefer tea over coffee. Black tea (Earl Grey) actually keeps me awake for longer in smaller doses whereas coffee I'll have to drink more of to feel the awake effect. Also coffee has to be usually Colombian or another medium type of coffee. I cannot drink bold coffee -- the taste is just too strong.

Mirage
05-05-2012, 02:14 PM
I like 50%coffee. I usually mix it with hot chocolate and put some whipped cream on top.

Ultima Shadow
05-05-2012, 02:43 PM
I love coffee, I never add sugar.

Oh, and I got an espresso machine for bars in the kitchen. It looks pretty much like this one:

http://www.dreaminginitalian.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/espresso.jpg

It's a huge, expensive monster taking up lots of space, but damn is it worth it. :greenie:

Marshall Banana
05-05-2012, 11:24 PM
I like sweet, iced coffee. My favorite is probably the kind that's served at Shabu Shabu House in Little Tokyo. Iced coffee from Saigon Dish is probably my second favorite.

Phoenix Rising
05-05-2012, 11:29 PM
I like coffee, but I rarely drink it. I used to pretty much only drink black coffee, but now I'll drink pretty much any kind. If I were to get coffee anywhere, it would be at Starbucks, since they have shown support for gun rights and encourage their customers to open carry.

Fonzie
05-06-2012, 12:10 AM
I like coffee, but I rarely drink it. I used to pretty much only drink black coffee, but now I'll drink pretty much any kind. If I were to get coffee anywhere, it would be at Starbucks, since they have shown support for gun rights and encourage their customers to open carry.

I want to make love to your face right now.

Roto13
05-06-2012, 04:54 AM

Your ability to make every response to every thread into something about your retarded politics is really impressive.

Phoenix Rising
05-06-2012, 05:11 AM

Your ability to make every response to every thread into something about your retarded politics is really impressive.

What can I say, it's a gift.

I Took the Red Pill
05-06-2012, 05:56 AM
I drink coffee just about every day, but I find it repulsive unless it's completely black. You're compromising the integrity of the bean otherwise.

Breine
05-06-2012, 03:12 PM
Yes, I like coffee. When I started drinking it I needed to have milk and sugar in it as well (I didn't start drinking coffee until like 3-4 years ago when I was around 19-20), but that was just a way for me to teach myself to like it. It was totally an acquired taste for me, like beer and olives. But as is the case with beer and olives I friggin' dig coffee today - and I usually drink it black and strong. I also like all sorts of different variations of coffee, though, like all that different Starbucks-ish stuff and whatnot (I'm in love with frappuccinos - sadly we don't have any Starbucks in Denmark.. except for the airport)!

However, I only drink it when I need it, i.e. when I'm tired. I don't want to rely too much on it, and then eventually having to drink two-three cups of coffee before I can actually feel it work.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-06-2012, 03:44 PM
Upon reflection, I must amend my first post. When I want just a cup of coffee, I don't like anything besides black or one sugar.

I do enjoy specialty drinks like mochas, frappuccinos, and lattes though. One thing I especially like is a spiced chai latte.

I'm probably kicked out of the cool kids club now. Time to go buy a scarf, and some Chucks. :(

NorthernChaosGod
05-06-2012, 07:28 PM
Don't forget your large glasses, Joe. :colbert:

Hollycat
05-06-2012, 09:06 PM
I love coffee, I never add sugar.

Oh, and I got an espresso machine for bars in the kitchen. It looks pretty much like this one:

http://www.dreaminginitalian.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/espresso.jpg

It's a huge, expensive monster taking up lots of space, but damn is it worth it. :greenie:

You clearly do not enjoy coffee much.
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3576/3300346613_dc646e1035.jpg
get one of those store thingies and replace your blood with coffee and we can talk.

NorthernChaosGod
05-06-2012, 09:15 PM
Hypo, shut up.

Hollycat
05-06-2012, 09:29 PM
No.
The fact is, Coffee is pretty much the only thing besides green tea that I drink. I might have been exaggerating a wee bit when stated that I have a coffee selector, but considering the amount of coffee I drink my blood might be full of caffeine.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-07-2012, 05:15 AM
Don't forget your large glasses, Joe. :colbert:

Large glasses so I can appear more authoritative when I look down my nose at you. :doublecolbert:

Miriel
05-07-2012, 02:14 PM
I love coffee flavored stuff more than I like actual coffee. Coffee ice cream is the BEST. Also loved the smell of coffee. And blended ice coffees are great.

I'm trying to teach myself to like regular coffee but it's hard to resist dumping a ton of sugar and cream into the mix.

41-Inches-Wide
05-13-2012, 02:30 AM
I like coffee. I even drink powdered ones for on-the-go days, but brewed is the best way to go.
I like tea better. But I usually prefer black tea, but finding boiling water during on-the-go weekdays is a pain.

We just had Starbucks in a nearby mall in our little island. I like the smell of the shop.

Roto13
05-13-2012, 02:38 AM
Instant coffee is absolutely vile and I don't know why anyone can pour that sludge into their systems. One sip is enough to make me want to vomit, I'm not even exaggerating.

Except Starbucks Via. That's alright. I only use half as much water as you're supposed to, but at least it tastes like coffee that hasn't already been drunk and regurgitated by someone else.

41-Inches-Wide
05-13-2012, 03:39 AM
I don't know where you get your instant coffee Rootz, but we have this really awesome brand that's selling like flatcakes. It's a 3-in-one mix so it wins 3x.

I don't usually get brewed coffee, and when I do it's only during my days off. Our company can't provide us a coffee machine, because they said "it makes us slackers".

sharkythesharkdogg
05-13-2012, 08:32 PM
Coffee, a noted stimulant, makes you slackers......:|

Rye
05-13-2012, 08:51 PM
Coffee. All the time.

I've gotten myself into using only skim or drinking coffee black, since I drink so much of it that the calories of half & half add up very quickly.

Of all of the mass-produced coffees, Dunkin' Donuts is my favorite. Starbuck's, unless it's one of the specialty lattes, tastes like butt. There's a really great coffee house not far from me that makes these amazing hand-made lattes with peanut butter on the rim, or with an actually piece of banana floating in the drink. Yuuuum.

Parker
05-13-2012, 09:09 PM
I hated coffee with a passion until about 3 weeks ago when I grabbed a latte from starbucks on a whim. It was ace, and now I like coffee. I've only had starbucks because my town is a suckhole with no place to get good coffee but i'm looking forward to getting something decent somewhere.

since i found out i liked coffee i tried instant and it sucked ass

41-Inches-Wide
05-14-2012, 12:12 PM
Coffee, a noted stimulant, makes you slackers......:|

Word per word of what I always counter to the management, brah.
It is repulsively ridiculous.

fire_of_avalon
05-15-2012, 02:14 AM
Coffee is horrible. What's wrong with all of you?

Roto13
05-15-2012, 02:40 AM
Coffee is horrible. What's wrong with all of you?

You just stick to your chocolate milk and animal crackers.

fire_of_avalon
05-15-2012, 02:44 AM
You damn right I will.

Pike
05-15-2012, 06:37 AM
I don't like coffee. Have I mentioned that in this thread yet? I can't remember. Chocolate milk is pretty god-tier.

Marshall Banana
05-15-2012, 07:19 AM
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7914255/rilakkuma/tumblr_lrqivr5zl41qzbbb8o1_500.jpg

Jiro
05-16-2012, 02:53 AM
I drink coffee for the awakeness

krissy
05-16-2012, 03:00 AM
i only drink organic non-chai taco lattes made from free range chickens
frankly if you drink anything else you're part of the global problem

Raistlin
05-16-2012, 05:56 PM
I hate coffee. I don't even like coffee-flavored things.

I may be the first law school graduate in history to do so without drinking a single cup of coffee in those three years.