PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth getting the PSVita?

cat121212
05-05-2012, 10:26 AM
Anyone who has bought it, what do you think?
I've seen many reviews sayings its great but the only thing stopping me is the price tag...Should I wait for the price to drop or snatch it now? :cool:

Roto13
05-05-2012, 01:30 PM
Wait and see if they announce a price drop for memory cards or a decent bundle at E3.

Freya
05-05-2012, 06:33 PM
I'd wait. Yeah they don't have any games or anything that comes with the thing so you're having to pay $249(or $239 if you get the one without 3G) for a hand held. It's not backwards compatible with previous psp games so if you just get the system you will literally have nothing to play on it. I'd wait till it drops or a bundle is announced like roto said.

Hollycat
05-05-2012, 06:45 PM
Wait till better games come out.

Freya, it is backwards compatable. download them.

Freya
05-06-2012, 12:18 AM
That's not what I meant with BC. I meant with the hardware not the software. Aka if you have anything physically from the previous gen, you can't use it on the new gen. So yah kthx

Even still you'd still have to purchase games on the PSN to DL. So again kthx Hypo.

Hollycat
05-06-2012, 12:26 AM
Sorry, I bought most of my games online because I was a moron who forgot about trading games.

Roto13
05-06-2012, 04:50 AM
That's not what I meant with BC. I meant with the hardware not the software. Aka if you have anything physically from the previous gen, you can't use it on the new gen. So yah kthx

Even still you'd still have to purchase games on the PSN to DL. So again kthx Hypo.

BC with downloads is still BC :monster:

The UMD format was a *terrible* idea and is better left a distant memory. I sold all of my UMDs and will most likely rebuy a lot of them as downloads whenever I feel the itch to play them again.

Vita's better off without a shitty UMD drive. The fewer moving parts, the better. Better for battery life and better for the life of the system.

Skyblade
05-06-2012, 07:26 AM
Persona 4, the Golden has been confirmed for a US release this fall.

Thus, you have 6 months, maximum, before you absolutely need to buy one.

Bubba
05-07-2012, 12:15 AM
I own a PS Vita. Yes, it is awesome but I would definitely wait...

No PSOne classics... no real library of games. I'd give it at least another 6 months and then snap one up.

Bolivar
05-08-2012, 02:23 AM
Yeah E3's a month away, you need to wait. Also, the lack of PSOne Classics is inexcusable, that really is just mind-boggling.