PDA

View Full Version : Versus XIII not on Squenix's list of games to be shown at E3

Roto13
05-08-2012, 02:49 AM
Final Fantasy Versus XIII a No Show at E3 | EGMNOW (http://www.egmnow.com/8bitenvy/final-fantasy-versus-xiii-a-no-show-at-e3/)

Your shitty-ass Nomura vomit is never coming out, you guys. :monster:

Bolivar
05-08-2012, 03:58 AM
Of course they don't tell a video game news outlet on the Internet that Versus XIII will be at E3. David Jaffe did the same thing 2 years ago.

Roto13
05-08-2012, 03:40 PM
Squenix sent out a list of games they're showing at E3 so news outlets can set up appointments for private showings.

It's possible it's not on the list because they want it to be a surprise, but "Hey, this game we've been working on for like six years is getting a new trailer" would not be a surprise.

This is not some blog going "Hey, tell us all your secrets."

Loony BoB
05-08-2012, 05:02 PM
More interested in seeing what FFXIV 2.0 will look like, personally. Still, I'm hopeful that they will have something on Versus at E3 regardless. You never know! We could see a trailer for FFXIII-3. :D

Del Murder
05-08-2012, 06:31 PM
How disappointing yet not unexpected. Which is itself also disappointing.

Not really thrilled by the list of games they are showing, either.

Roto13
05-08-2012, 07:43 PM
I'm interested in Theatrhythm, but that's already out in Japan so there's not really a whole lot about it that needs to be shown at E3.

Del Murder
05-09-2012, 12:29 AM
Yeah, same here. I do want that game but I already know what I need to know about it.

Rostum
05-09-2012, 07:36 AM
God damn it, would they just hurry it up already. I know that Nomura most likely wants to show every aspect of it off, but the higher ups just won't budge. :\

Hopefully it's a surprise, or else they might show it off at TGS which is way too long away.

VeloZer0
05-09-2012, 01:00 PM
That or it's been canceled and no one has told Nomura yet.

Rostum
05-31-2012, 12:08 AM
Or maybe they changed it's name?

Final Fantasy XV Leak Announcement Pre-E3 - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=DMNywn0rCDw)

Roto13
05-31-2012, 01:25 AM
Oh god, making it a numbered Final Fantasy instead of a spinoff is even worse than sticking numbers in Final Fantasy Online.

ShinGundam
05-31-2012, 01:53 AM
Fake, Today is "make up fake FF news" day.

Mirage
05-31-2012, 02:00 AM
How do you know it's fake?

ShinGundam
05-31-2012, 02:14 AM
How do you know it's fake?
It is from the guy who made Lady Gaga joke thing.

Mirage
05-31-2012, 02:45 AM
That's not answering my question.

Or are you saying once you've made a joke, you can never ever tell the truth again?

Depression Moon
05-31-2012, 07:45 PM
A lot of people predicted this.

JKTrix
05-31-2012, 08:27 PM
Ignoring the setting, these are things that set my fake radar off yesterday just from the footage:
-it's all old footage
-why have a CERO (Japanese rating) symbol on a trailer meant for E3, an American show
-Having it skip the 360 but go to WiiU seems suspect.

The first two points are more personally convincing. Maybe this will actually happen, but I doubt it will be announced like that at E3.

Roogle
05-31-2012, 10:00 PM
I was surprised by the sheer number of negative comments in the comments section of that small article.

It certainly would make more sense for them to move this supposedly spinoff title to a numbered game since the development time has been absurdly high. Some of these games have been in development for over five years. I don't think they should release so much promotional content about games that they know will never see the light of day any time in the foreseeable future.

In any case, if this ends up being true somehow, it would be a welcome change because I think a lot of people are looking forward to that title. Its placement in the series never made sense to me originally, anyway. The whole Fabula Nova Crystallis likely works better from an internal company point-of-view rather than with the general public.

Del Murder
06-01-2012, 03:35 AM
It wouldn't be a welcome change for me because I want Versus XIII and FFXV!

Mirage
06-01-2012, 03:45 AM
What's in a name? That which we call a rose
By any other name would smell as sweet

Del Murder
06-01-2012, 05:09 AM
I don't care about the name. I just want two games.

Wolf Kanno
06-01-2012, 05:38 AM
The game doesn't even have a release date for Japan, so it's not likely to get an E3 showing before TGS. I'm not surprised its not going to be shown at E3. I'm pretty sure Nomura has ultimately pulled a Matsuno/Takahashi and is making the game too big to ever be released within a reasonable time, that or Squenix got the Dev kits for the next Sony and Microsoft consoles, and Squenix decided it would be easier to make the game for the next console generation instead. They just know better than to tell the legion of pissed off PS3 owners. ;)

Freya
06-03-2012, 07:07 AM
I just want some, ANY, news about versus already. I mean ugh it's been how long? It wasn't at last years E3 or TGS. Give us something! Maybe they think if they don't talk about it maybe we'll forget.

nirojan
06-04-2012, 01:49 AM
Square Enix confirms it's fake:
Square Enix Confirms Fake-Seeming Final Fantasy XV Trailer is Indeed Fake (http://kotaku.com/5914989/square-enix-confirms-fake+seeming-final-fantasy-xv-trailer-is-indeed-fake)

I remember all the clamour that rang out when people heard the rumours of Versus getting a 360 port. Not because of fanboys idolizing the PS3, but because the game's been in development soo long and they might as well get one edition out before slaving away on a port. The Wii-U sounds really stupid, because that would require the team to get a whole new set of tools, re-up on the Wii-U SDK, then build the game again for that platform. We're talking almost a years worth of work here...and SE is pretty slow developer as it is . Why bother irking fans who've been waiting 6+ years for the chance of a system we know hardly anything about and it may not even be that popular.

sabin101
06-05-2012, 02:49 AM
I would love to see if square even shows it would be bravery default that looks like awesome game. As for versus I am not holding my breath the game will be shown if it even exists ha. Six years and they have not even shown anything that shows the game is being developed on. I don't get what is up with that game.

Mercen-X
06-08-2012, 01:09 AM
A commentor on the fakeness asked who go to the lengths? It looked like possibly a classroom for video editing and it was thus not made for public consumption. The dingus that brought a camera to class is the only a-hole who tried to fake us out.

DMKA
06-11-2012, 01:26 AM
The description of the video on YouTube even said it wasn't real and was for a school awards project thing. The person who uploaded it wasn't trying to deceive anybody.

The gaming press just fails at doing research before they report.

Mercen-X
06-12-2012, 08:33 PM
The dingus who uploaded it wasn't trying to deceive anybody.So he claims.

KentaRawr!
06-13-2012, 03:30 PM

Check it out, ya dingus. (http://youtu.be/sYMYktsKmSk)

nirojan
06-16-2012, 03:25 AM

Check it out, ya dingus. (http://youtu.be/sYMYktsKmSk)

That wasn't in the description when the video first came out.