PDA

View Full Version : Ragequit!

Pike
05-08-2012, 06:07 AM
Earlier I was playing Victoria 2 as a secondary power, picked a nice, small, out of the way country to invade, and then the next thing I know the UK decided to "intervene" for no good reason :colbert:

Needless to say, I was not a happy Pike and immediately quit Victoria 2 for the day! :doublecolbert:

What causes you to ragequit a game?

Madame Adequate
05-08-2012, 06:11 AM
Pretty much the same exact situation as you, though lately I've been trying to roll with it more, forces me to be more careful and have a better strategic view of the world. Actually I just fortify Belfast and establish naval dominance in the Irish Sea; the Brits can't draw their navy back due to their global commitments and their invaders into Belfast get chewed up horribly due to the sea crossing. Move into the Irish Sea once the fight's begun and they're easy meat. Just make sure you've got a good defensive general!

Hollycat
05-08-2012, 06:32 AM
freezing

NorthernChaosGod
05-08-2012, 08:53 AM
I almost never ragequit from FPS games, but I will start teamkilling if I don't like what's happening. Persistent griefing will usually cause me to just start picking of my teammates.

Sephex
05-08-2012, 11:57 AM
If I feel that I am getting too angry at a game, I shut it off before I let my emotions get too out of hand. Though, something like that hasn't happened in years.

Mirage
05-08-2012, 12:08 PM
I ragequit when pure chance repeatedly kills me.

Jinx
05-08-2012, 02:36 PM
I ragequit when I haven't saved in awhile, and then I die.

Del Murder
05-08-2012, 07:02 PM
I like to do sidequests as they occur. Sometimes my skills with the game aren't good enough to tackle these challenges, yet I persist with them anyway. This causes me to eventually ragequit. Eventually I get on with the game and get close to beating it then go tackle these challenges which end up being super easy. Go figure.

I also ragequit FFIV The After Years because I thought the game would make me go through the goddamn Baron waterway AGAIN. When I came back to it recently it turns out that wasn't the case. Oops.

Shattered Dreamer
05-08-2012, 08:07 PM
I ragequit a game of Fifa 12 recently, I'm glad I didn't buy the game the new defensive controls are terrible!

Rantz
05-08-2012, 08:22 PM
I ragequit when I haven't saved in awhile, and then I die.

Yup. Although it's more like an everythingisruinedforeverquit.

escobert
05-09-2012, 02:39 AM
I ragequit on Counter Strike Source all the time. There's just some people who are way too good at that game. I'm sorry I don't have 8 hours a day to devote to playing office map with a pump shotty hiding in the copy room or a scout sniper rifle in the Projector room.

Loony BoB
05-09-2012, 10:13 AM
If anyone here has played a lovely little game called Football Manager, they will know.

DK
05-09-2012, 02:02 PM
I ragequit a game of Fifa 12 recently, I'm glad I didn't buy the game the new defensive controls are terrible!

You can change them to the old controls in the options if you want. Though I don't mind them at all, besides it's not the controls that ruin the defensive game so much as it is just terrible terrible programming. I swear no one from EA has ever watched a game of football in their lives.

While we're on the topic of FIFA and ragequitting, going 3-0 down in 30 minutes to a pair of ponces with 5'1 100lb midget strikers with green afros who do nothing but spam the sprint and trick button while the rest of their team is controlled by the AI and has a 5 man defence, against our retard defenders online usually does it for me. However I have recently had an epiphany about tactics and can't wait to try them out, because I am pretty sure we will be nigh on unbeatable with them. :excited:

Peegee
05-09-2012, 08:49 PM
rage quit?

When I speed run left 4 dead and get incapped.
When I play vs in left 4 dead and my team sucks
When I play seriously in left 4 dead and my team sucks, and it's on expert so I can't solo
When backstabbers get boring in left 4 dead

Mirage
05-10-2012, 12:56 PM
Oh yeah

When i play persona 3 and am at a stage where it's unrealistic to have a persona who is strong against both light and dark, then you run into an enemy that gets the first strike and then it uses a light or dark instant kill spell and kills the main character instantly and then you have to go back to your previous save which is likely to be an hour ago

that makes me ragequit

Shattered Dreamer
05-11-2012, 06:55 PM

You can change them to the old controls in the options if you want. Though I don't mind them at all, besides it's not the controls that ruin the defensive game so much as it is just terrible terrible programming. I swear no one from EA has ever watched a game of football in their lives.[/QUOTE]

It's not really the "controls" per say that are wrong with the Fifa 12 defensive system. It is the defensive game play mechanic as a whole that is now completely broken. What was wrong with having a conservative tackle button, a slide tackle button & using the right analog stick to jostle? Nothing that's what! It has been replaced a conservative tackle button which now just makes the player stop dead & just poke their foot out or when you press it 4 times to jostle it gives away a foul. Also the "impact system" makes it really frustrating when you get tackled your player literally flips over & the opponent doesn't give away a foul. It is literally the pits