PDA

View Full Version : Walking Dead!

Peegee
05-09-2012, 07:34 PM
so there's a new Walking Dead (http://store.steampowered.com/app/207610/) video game, and last night I played through it. I wonder if anybody else has played this game?

(if you buy it off steam, you get all 5 chapters)

Review:

This is a prequel game - it starts prior to season 1, and stars a character that has not been introduced in the series. The game appears to be rather low budget but it is very straightforward and casual friendly. Basically it is a move and click, with your responses to conversations leading to either different attitudes people take with you, or information about the past that you [the player] did not know.

The first time I played, I acted rather normally, and it was pretty cool. The second time I started trying to mess with everything - getting myself killed over and over, trying to 'miss' doing things, etc. It's worked out well and everybody hates me.

NOW, I do have some critiques - because the choices in the game have consequences it's difficult to backtrack. So if you want to do what I did, maybe what you'll have to do is save the game many times - but the game appears to just run on autosaves, which I don't like.

Still, I recommend this game. It will work out to 5 bucks per chapter and due to the multiple choices IF you cared about that sort of thing there's replay value (or as much replay value as there is in 'let's replay the game and try to be a jackass')

edczxcvbnm
05-09-2012, 08:19 PM
I have not played it yet but I probably will eventually. My only experience with this game has been a brief playthrough at the start of the game by a guy I follow on youtube. No longer can I take this game seriously and will proceed to mock it when I eventually play it on my own.

The Walking Dead 2 Gameplay and Commentary - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIM7ZbYNGsY) <-- content warning, general swearing and inappropriateness for those that care to shy away.

Also for those that care, he plays through a section of the game near the beginning. Not sure how close or anything but spoiler nazis beware!

Roto13
05-09-2012, 09:52 PM
It's really good (http://www.honestgamers.com/reviews/10225.html).

Araciel
05-11-2012, 05:58 PM
I forget what it was but there was a scene where the dialog was messed up... Something about her being his daughter or not I think but not sure... Kinda' ruined the experience.

Peegee
05-11-2012, 06:21 PM
I forget what it was but there was a scene where the dialog was messed up... Something about her being his daughter or not I think but not sure... Kinda' ruined the experience.

apparently you can go backward and forward, but if you do, the game saves from that point in the past. So what I recommend you do is to play the game once - the way you want. Then copy it to a new file (or three) and then play the game the way you want.

That way you don't have to replay entire portions of the game to redo certain scenes.

I will also say that certain actions cannot be done differently. I tried to save a shotgun shell, for example, but instead I died. Or I tried to avoid losing the screwdriver, but it didn't work. Oh well.

Basically the only things you can change is your comments, and whether you leave the first house at night

Roto13
05-11-2012, 07:11 PM

apparently you can go backward and forward, but if you do, the game saves from that point in the past. So what I recommend you do is to play the game once - the way you want. Then copy it to a new file (or three) and then play the game the way you want.

That way you don't have to replay entire portions of the game to redo certain scenes.

I will also say that certain actions cannot be done differently. I tried to save a shotgun shell, for example, but instead I died. Or I tried to avoid losing the screwdriver, but it didn't work. Oh well.

Basically the only things you can change is your comments, and whether you leave the first house at night

And who likes you and who doesn't. And who lives and who dies.

Araciel
05-11-2012, 07:53 PM
My negro was motivated by his desire to keep a good shooter alive, not lust.

...I swear.

Yeargdribble
05-17-2012, 02:11 PM
I want to play it. I'm trying to catch up. There's been enough fervor about The Walking Dead lately to get my attention and so I read all of the comics up to current (and got my wife hooked as well). I'm gonna catch up on the show sometime soon... probably after my wife catches up on the comics and then I'll jump into the game, which I hear is awesome.

marriejonsan
06-08-2012, 07:07 AM
I like to play this game. It is very interesting game. I love the graphic of in this game.....I fell free then I have played this game........

krissy
06-08-2012, 07:35 AM
you feel free while playing a game about a zombie apocalypse huh...where on earth do you live, china?! north korea?!

(actually it is not unlikely the servers hosting our marriejon friend ARE somewhere out there)

Roto13
06-26-2012, 10:04 PM
Episode 2 is finally coming. Tomorrow on XBLA, Friday on PSN and Steam.

Two months after the first episode. Augh.

And I won't be able to play it until next week. :(

Shiny
07-03-2012, 12:54 AM
Carley is seriously the least annoying person out of them all. She's mad chill whereas Kenny, Larry, and Lilly are extreme pain in the asses.

Well...Larry WAS annoying. Now he's dead and Lilly is reasonably pissed. Dude was a liability though. Can't keep getting him his pills when he gives himself a heart attack. That and he was a dick.