PDA

View Full Version : Buying Triple Triad cards

Jaakuuta
05-14-2012, 07:12 PM
Hello all... I have been looking for a place online where I might be able to find a definite answer to this question, but so far I haven't had much luck, unfortunately... I was looking to find a place where I could buy a full basic set and booster packs for the Triple Triad game (not virtual decks, actual decks I can hold in my hand and use to play with friends irl) I have found various sites that offer the game and cards on the site, often using some obscure program (usually for windows and sometimes mac, which doesn't help me much since I use linux lol) and they typically have different cards than are available in the game and usually charge to even play the online version. This is totally lame, I'd rather play the real thing. I know there are actual cards out there, because you can buy them in sets or individually on ebay for a few bucks or more per card. Screw that, I'd prefer to buy a whole set akin to a starter deck or theme deck in magic the gathering if possible. If anybody knows where I could find such a site (even if it's in Japanese, 日本語も読めますから) I'd be interested in looking into it...

Alpha2099
05-14-2012, 07:19 PM
I didn't even know physical Triple Triad cards existed, let alone where to find them. :whoa:

Good luck with your search. I'm sure somebody here can help you out.

Chels
05-14-2012, 11:21 PM
Oh man, does a card set really exist? I have wanted physical Triple Triad cards ever since FFVIII came out because it's basically the only card game in fictional or real life that I legitimately enjoy playing...

If anyone does find them, definitely share! Either way, best of luck!

Bahamut Fury
07-04-2012, 10:20 AM
From what i have seen the only place i could find thus far is ebay, im still looking but i have a tiamat card, so if anyone ever finds a bahamut card let me know, these two are my absolute favorite

Sylvie
07-08-2012, 12:59 AM
Final Fantasy VIII 8 Triple Triad Lot of 41 Game & Visual Cards Level 1-6 | eBay (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Final-Fantasy-VIII-8-Triple-Triad-Lot-41-Game-Visual-Cards-Level-1-6-/360470614480?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item53edb911d0#ht_500wt_1288)

And I saw singular Irvin and Edea cards for only $75.

ReloadPsi
07-08-2012, 04:21 PM
How would you apply the Elemental rule in a real life Triple Triad game? Like how would you make totally random elements appear in totally random spaces?

Jiro
07-10-2012, 10:33 AM
Roll a dice. That's how many elemental tokens there are. Grab a random token from a blank bag. Drop it on the board, where it lands is where it goes. Simple :monster:

Sylvie
07-12-2012, 09:36 PM
how would you make totally random elements appear in totally random spaces?

Oh, that was a serious question?

pymage
08-14-2012, 08:19 AM
went to my local card shop today to ask about their stock of triple triad cards. Packs are ~$45 and a box is ~$600. Packs come with less than 10 cards ( I believe 7 or 8). I remember buying these roughly 10 years ago for around $5-6 and thinking they were expensive then XD.

Files | BoardGameGeek (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/files/thing/15957)

^pretty good substitute to spending hundreds of dollars on ebay or buying sealed packs...

If anyone has the design skills to make red background cards that would be amazing

Jiro
08-16-2012, 08:42 AM
Jesus, that's a bit pricey!