PDA

View Full Version : English trailer for Dream Drop Distance!

Fynn
05-16-2012, 06:09 PM
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance English Trailer - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBOstKr3Jrw&feature=g-vrec)

I gotta say, it's pretty sweet. And I'm also more and more impressed with David Gallagher as a voice actor, since I would not believe it if someone had told me that he is also voicing the cloaked boy in this game (BTW, don't look it up at wikipedia, since it spoils his identity, and that is a HUGE spoiler that I regret seeing :cry:).

SuperMillionaire
05-16-2012, 09:49 PM
It's Riku. And Haley Joel Osment is Sora. Is Hayden Panettiere returning as Kairi, or is it Alyson Stoner?

Anyway, it's a great trailer, and I want to get the game.

Fynn
05-16-2012, 10:36 PM
It's Riku. And Haley Joel Osment is Sora. Is Hayden Panettiere returning as Kairi, or is it Alyson Stoner?

Anyway, it's a great trailer, and I want to get the game.

No, I don't mean Riku. He also voices the other guy, the one with yellow eyes. It's HUGE KINGDOM HEARTS 3D SPOILER, VIEW AT OWN RISK young Xehanort And I believe Hayden is coming back as Kairi, since she did her voice, as well as Xion's, for BbS.

Sheepy
05-17-2012, 03:25 AM
Is it bad that the first real reaction I had to this trailer was "Wait, Riku is AXEL now?" The story's getting so convoluted, I can't follow any of it anymore...

Fynn
05-17-2012, 07:10 AM
Meh, I find the story awesome. But this game reportedly features something called "Memoirs" which finally sums all past games pretty well, making for a nice source of processing the whole story by the fans and also prevents continuity lockout.

Hollycat
05-17-2012, 03:57 PM
Wait, is this a time travel story?

Del Murder
05-20-2012, 02:44 AM
The Tron characters look out of place. It will be cool to play as Riku.

Mercen-X
05-21-2012, 12:40 AM
I think, technically, the duo is supposed to be dreaming, but their dreams are affecting reality in the past.

Ol' yellow-eyes is Terra-Xehanort FYI.

Tron gone wrong, not well voice-acting...

Fynn
05-21-2012, 08:22 AM
Ol' yellow-eyes is Terra-Xehanort FYI..

Nope.

Mercen-X
05-21-2012, 11:55 PM
By the way, I'd wager that Xion will be revealed as another member of Organization XIII 2nd

Fynn
05-22-2012, 07:12 AM
By the way, I'd wager that Xion will be revealed as another member of Organization XIII 2nd

How so?

Skyblade
05-22-2012, 07:15 AM
Meh, I find the story awesome. But this game reportedly features something called "Memoirs" which finally sums all past games pretty well, making for a nice source of processing the whole story by the fans and also prevents continuity lockout.

Oh, yay, more Ansem Reports.

Fynn
05-22-2012, 11:48 AM

Oh, yay, more Ansem Reports.

No, no, they are actually something completelly different. From what I gather, you get to play through or at least view some of the most crucial scenes in the series.

Mercen-X
05-25-2012, 12:55 AM

How so?

Well in Days, Xion was "apparently" meant to clone the abilities of the keywielder Roxas. But Xehanort himself was a keyblade wielder, so Xemnas's interest in the keyblade may have been subconscious. In other words, giving Xion the ability to wield a keyblade made her an ideal candidate to serve as a vessel to Xehanort. Personally, I'm a little confused why Xeha bothered with Braig or Isa.

My other guess would be the Riku Replica and no he wouldn't be dead or heroic if "Young Xehanort" time-traveled to obtain him.

Personally, I'm still not seeing how "Young Xehanort" is not "Terra-Xehanort". While it's true that Riku took Ansem's form to battle Sora and then to save him from O13, Ansem was still just a version of "T-X" whereas "T-X" is the only cited possession to result in a being's physical appearance being altered (and that being limited to the color of his hair). Aside from taking on Ansem's form altogether (and a version of Vanitas's outfit), Riku never showed any physical transformation. Perhaps this is because Xemnas still existed which could possibly explain also how Xigbar and Saix (also vessels of Xehanort) showed no signs of transformation either. We're never told where Terra is originally from and we're not shown the timeline for which Young Xehanort dwelt on Destiny Islands so two possibilities arise. Either YX is a young version of TX (like Young Sora and Young Riku) or Terra himself is a paradox being at once both the vessel for Xehanort and the eventual time-traveling old Master Xehanort who would come to possess Terra. Where the latter option leaves YX, I'm as of yet still uncertain.

I'm also still curious how Vanitas fits into this mess. :confused:

Fynn
05-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Well in Days, Xion was "apparently" meant to clone the abilities of the keywielder Roxas. But Xehanort himself was a keyblade wielder, so Xemnas's interest in the keyblade may have been subconscious. In other words, giving Xion the ability to wield a keyblade made her an ideal candidate to serve as a vessel to Xehanort. Personally, I'm a little confused why Xeha bothered with Braig or Isa.
I think the entire point was to make the whole Organization vessels for his heart, therefore, everybody would get Keyblades anyway, since the Heart is what makes one a Keyblade-bearer. I've recently been replaying Birth by Sleep and noticed that Braig said something along the lines of "Keyblade wielders pwn everything, so that means I made the right choice" - he was in on Xehanort's plan all this time. He probably promised him he would be able to wield a Keyblade, and that's probably why Xigbar guided the amnesiac Terranort (and later Xemnas). So I guess Xemnas might have known about all this all along and even be able to use his own Keyblade, but that's debatable. Anyway, I think Xion was meant as this failsafe, since Xemnas ultimately wanted to hijack Sora, be it from Roxas or Xion.

My other guess would be the Riku Replica and no he wouldn't be dead or heroic if "Young Xehanort" time-traveled to obtain him.
Please let Repliku rest in peace, Nomura :cry:

Personally, I'm still not seeing how "Young Xehanort" is not "Terra-Xehanort". While it's true that Riku took Ansem's form to battle Sora and then to save him from O13, Ansem was still just a version of "T-X" whereas "T-X" is the only cited possession to result in a being's physical appearance being altered (and that being limited to the color of his hair). Aside from taking on Ansem's form altogether (and a version of Vanitas's outfit), Riku never showed any physical transformation. Perhaps this is because Xemnas still existed which could possibly explain also how Xigbar and Saix (also vessels of Xehanort) showed no signs of transformation either. We're never told where Terra is originally from and we're not shown the timeline for which Young Xehanort dwelt on Destiny Islands so two possibilities arise. Either YX is a young version of TX (like Young Sora and Young Riku) or Terra himself is a paradox being at once both the vessel for Xehanort and the eventual time-traveling old Master Xehanort who would come to possess Terra. Where the latter option leaves YX, I'm as of yet still uncertain.

But they do show signs of transformation! They both have pointy ears and yellow eyes. You'll notice Xigbar gets both of those assets along with silver streaks of hair only later on in BbS, so I guess this possession is gradual. But while Xigbar was Xehanort's most loyal follower since the very beginning, I'm starting to wonder, why Saix? Isa was a sweet kid and he and Axel were genuine friends who wanted to overthrow the Organization. Is it just that he became the mask? Does just being close to any of Xehanort's incarnations risky for Nobodies?
As for Young Xehanort, yeah, I think it's just the Xehanort from before he was Master Xehanort. I'm pretty sure he's the guy we see in the opening scene in BbS. Only how he can exist now remains a mystery. Either it's all already part of the history from the future, and thus, after his defeat or whatever, he returns to the past, and all is OK, or he comes from an alternative past that spliced thanks to Ansem SoD's time travel, or his past incarnation was able only to influence the dream realm, since it reflects the past, according to Yen Sid from the trailer (though the battle with him in BbS was stated by Nomura to be canon, so I guess this option is jossed. This all depends on the mechanics of time travel Kingdom Hearts is going to use. As of now, it looks pretty timey-wimey.

I'm also still curious how Vanitas fits into this mess. :confused:
Beats me. Though, considering his heart of pure darkness is now a part of Sora, I'm quite certain Sora channels him when using anti-form. I think this might make him more vulnerable to Xehanort's influence, which might contrast with Riku, considering that he basically has complete control over his own darkness, as stated by YX in the trailer. So I guess Vanitas might try to hijack Sora with a little bit of help from Xehanort, so that he may become a new vessel. Whaddaya think?

Our conversation must look criptic to the people who still want to remain untainted by the spoil.

Mercen-X
05-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Organization XIII vessels for Xehanort, therefore, everybody would get Keyblades anyway. Birth by Sleep Braig said something like "Keybladers own, so I made the right choice" - then he was in on Xehanort's plan all this time. He was probably promised he would be able to wield a Keyblade and that's probably why he guided the amnesiac Terranort (and later Xemnas). Anyway, I think Xion was meant as this failsafe, since Xemnas ultimately wanted to hijack Sora, be it from Roxas or Xion.
As a good a guess as any yeah.

Please let Repliku rest in peace, NomuraThe real reason they came up with Vanitas, right there.

Saix? But while Xigbar was Xehanort's most loyal follower since the very beginning, I'm starting to wonder, why Saix? Isa was a sweet kid and he and Axel were genuine friends who wanted to overthrow the Organization. Is it just that he became the mask? Does just being close to any of Xehanort's incarnations risky for Nobodies?
Saix is Gin Ichimaru :whaaa:

Our conversation must look criptic to the people who still want to remain untainted by the spoil.Nobody heeds spoiler tags. Sure, they love to complain when you don't put them up, but they click on the spoilers to read what's going on all the same. Brats.