PDA

View Full Version : Australia Bound

Chemical
05-18-2012, 04:18 AM
Hey oldbies

I'm heading out to the land down under in a few weeks and I couldn't remember if anyone I knew from here was from there. I will be landing in Sydney then heading to Blacksmiths near Newcastle, NSW for a week ... back to Sydney for a few weeks then up to Moolooba, Queensland and frolicking around the Golden Coast.

I'm looking for suggestions on places to go, good hostels, cheap room rentals, couch surfing sites, and temp job placements that don't include trekking into BFN for fruit picking.

<3

Jiro
05-18-2012, 04:25 AM
Well while you're on the Sunshine Coast I'd be happy to hook you up with a couch and someone to adventure with. I have a friend who lives right on the beach and is a member of some couch surfing gig so that'd be perfect.

Peegee
05-18-2012, 04:42 AM
Don't trust Jiro he's a rapist!

Chemical
05-18-2012, 04:59 AM
I'll take my chances :P and my bear repellent!

I'm actually going to suggest that those of you like Jiro get a hold of me through fb:
http://www.facebook.com/ashley.knight.73

I will probably be easier to reach that way though I'll check in on EoFF :) see if there are any more hits... but yah Jiro if you can add me. ... When I get to Aussie I'll be there for 3 months... and so I'm going to grab a cheap pay as you go cell and i'll have my lap top so I can hook you up with my digits and we can keep in touch.

Yayyyy

krissy
05-19-2012, 02:21 AM
couch surfing sites

CouchSurfing &ndash; The world&rsquo;s largest travel community (http://www.couchsurfing.org)

have fun!!

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/17m3vg0hdre2mjpg/original.jpg

Roto13
05-19-2012, 03:13 AM
Don't go to Australia, it's full of racists.

escobert
05-19-2012, 03:37 AM
The correct answer is New Zealand!

blackmage_nuke
05-19-2012, 04:15 AM
Don't go to Australia, it's full of racists.

Racists and Asians

Pheesh
05-19-2012, 04:58 AM
I would normally suggest going to Melbourne, but it might not be as exciting for people who come from places where there's a population of more than 241. I live in West Australia, the beaches are awesome, but it's pretty dull and far away from EVERYTHING.

Also, get your Responsible Service of Alcohol ticket and just do bar work, they love to hire foreigners.

Chemical
05-21-2012, 04:16 AM
I would normally suggest going to Melbourne, but it might not be as exciting for people who come from places where there's a population of more than 241. I live in West Australia, the beaches are awesome, but it's pretty dull and far away from EVERYTHING.

Also, get your Responsible Service of Alcohol ticket and just do bar work, they love to hire foreigners.

Yah mayne! You're seriously out of the way, I do not think I'll end up in Melb unfortunately but it might happen. I'm stoked to be finally be the one with the accent though. And thanks, do you know if you can get the RSoA online?

Pheesh
05-22-2012, 12:02 PM
Yep, you can get them online assuming that they don't have an issue with handing them out to people who aren't living in the country.

theundeadhero
05-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Hi oldbie.

I still don't know much about Australia but I wanted to say hi.