PDA

View Full Version : Mods! Not the CK kind. The vidya kind.

Pike
05-18-2012, 05:53 AM
So Hux and I have been playing hotseat Civ IV and we decided to give hotseat Rise of Mankind a shot. It's a pretty baller mod that adds all sorts of great stuff. What sort of mods do you like in your games?

edczxcvbnm
05-18-2012, 06:32 AM
I like graphical upgrades, messing around mods (cheat code type stuff) and user created levels/games. I don't care for multiplayer mods much.

Right now I am LOVING Portal 2 level creation whatever. I am trying to come up with an idea for a level myself. I am also loving all the user created content in Trials Revolution. Those might not really be considered mods anymore since the developers put out level creation tools but they would have been mods with out that stuff. They just made it easier for people =D

I just downloaded all the FFVII mods and the game is like brand new again...as in it looks nice and smooth instead of ultra jaggy (I happen to have the PC version as well).

Sir Lancealot
05-18-2012, 08:06 AM
Kaiserreich.

Sephex
05-18-2012, 11:58 AM
The most recent mods I partook in is custom adventures for Amnesia. It takes some digging to find a truly good one, but they're out there.

Jessweeee♪
05-18-2012, 03:23 PM
Mods are awesome, but I've never owned a PC good for gaming, so I rarely get to experience them :(

Pike
05-18-2012, 03:25 PM
Kaiserreich.

You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Let us swap stories of syndiescum world domination.

Hollycat
05-18-2012, 03:46 PM
I have so many mods on Oblivion (half of them made by me) it can now classify as a FPS, an RPG, Action/Adventure, Platformer, Eroge :shifty:, and music game. i added graphical updates, maps all around the world, new enemies, quests, weapons, armors, over 300 new races, new cities, A teeny tiny bit of voice acting done by me and friends, and minigames.

Freelancer, I added graphical mods, over 600 new ships, over 1000 new weapons, 87 new systems, a new campaign, and a nyan cat enemy that flys around shooting lasers at you. I also added the last thing to oblivion.

Pokemon Pearl I added new moves and animations.

New Vegas I added a new race.

Skyrim: I added my own version of Esthar from ff8. I had to delete it due to the HUGE lag it caused from being an area almost as big as blackreach with over 300 regular NPC's and a new behemoth enemy that roamed around killing people at random. The only non bland NPC was Laguna, who I fasioned a new weapon for, a staff in the shape of a machine gun that fired repeatedly and had nearly infinite uses. :)

Megaman battlenetwork: I replaced all the NPC's with cats and all thei lines with meows. It quickly got boring so I trashed it.

FF7 iso: I tried to add a new dungeon but failed miserably.

krissy
05-20-2012, 06:23 AM
i dont really mod

but i love glitches
and if i can i love glitching

[Vinesauce] Vinny - Super Mario Bros 2 Corruptions - YouTube (http://youtu.be/OV-D1ggFUj8) 18+ language

escobert
05-20-2012, 01:37 PM
I added a ton of graphical and item/quest/places mods to Skyrim. also a Khajjit you can marry.

nik0tine
05-21-2012, 03:11 AM
Total conversions are where it's at. Also, the original half life probably had the best modding community in the history of video games.

Laddy
05-27-2012, 04:55 PM
Rise of Mankind is god.

Also, I enjoy modding Oblivion, since it improved upon what I thought was actually a pretty average game. Also, the Sims, of course.

Pike
05-27-2012, 10:37 PM
Laddy you have such good taste in games :love: :love:

Laddy
05-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Laddy you have such good taste in games :love: :love:You and I should have a game-a-palooza.

Loony BoB
05-28-2012, 02:24 PM
Danielle and I played that really famous fantasy Civ IV mod that I forget the name of quite a bit.

I played with a handful of mods for Oblivion, maybe around ten to twenty.

I have, I think, 40 mods on for my current game of Skyrim and am looking to add more. =]

Pike
05-28-2012, 05:10 PM
Danielle and I played that really famous fantasy Civ IV mod that I forget the name of quite a bit.

Fall From Heaven!

Peegee
05-28-2012, 05:38 PM
I love HUD mods. Absolutely love them. And for me, it's what I like, not what's practical, or efficient, or even sensible. I wish I had my world of warcraft HUD modded up screenshot. It was a mess of information. The more info the better. EVERYWHERE.

However for a game where information is irrelevant (FPS) I want a minimalistic HUD. My L4D2 HUD is very minimal. I likes it that way.