PDA

View Full Version : Fixing things the #OWS way

Peegee
05-22-2012, 05:47 PM
- 20 dollar minimum wage
- give everybody in the country 200 thousand dollars
- raise hiring requirements so that you have to hire more employees at minimum wage
- mandate negative income taxes so that people who don't want to work get 20 dollars minimum wage anyway
- make going on welfare easier
- bail out all student loans
- federally mandate tuition freezes to 1990s level

Voila i just fixed your country.

Or did I?

Discuss how #ows will bankrupt the nation.

In a country well governed, poverty is something to be ashamed of. In a country badly governed, wealth is something to be ashamed of.

Caboose
05-22-2012, 06:03 PM
You forgot to raise the price of living which need to be proportionate to the earning power of the populace. Also, giving people money makes them lazy. I am a case and point for that. If I had free money, I'm not working.

Peegee
05-22-2012, 06:14 PM
You forgot to raise the price of living which need to be proportionate to the earning power of the populace. Also, giving people money makes them lazy. I am a case and point for that. If I had free money, I'm not working.

That's a ridiculous assertion. Raising the price of living to account for inflation is what got us into this mess to begin with. That's why I also advocate lowering prices by federal mandate to 1993 levels.

If you don't want to work, that's okay. Under the #OWS negative income taxes will pay for your 20$ per hour minimum wage.

Caboose
05-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Its not ridiculous. If everyone earns that much, Companies cannot afford to hire due to the average price outside the US not to mention the loss the US government will incur vs tax received. The amount of public servants earning in that range would run up debt in a matter of weeks. Basically, you'd kill the economy. Unless you got every other country to implement the same initiative.

Sephex
05-22-2012, 07:23 PM
How about this? Whatever I build in Minecraft I get to have in real life.

Peegee
05-22-2012, 08:17 PM
Its not ridiculous. If everyone earns that much, Companies cannot afford to hire due to the average price outside the US not to mention the loss the US government will incur vs tax received. The amount of public servants earning in that range would run up debt in a matter of weeks. Basically, you'd kill the economy. Unless you got every other country to implement the same initiative.

Voila i just fixed your country.

Or did I?

Discuss how #ows will bankrupt the nation.

Pike
05-23-2012, 12:40 AM
- 20 dollar minimum wage
- raise hiring requirements so that you have to hire more employees at minimum wage
- mandate negative income taxes so that people who don't want to work get 20 dollars minimum wage anyway

So does this place exist? If so, let me know so I can move there.

Peegee
05-23-2012, 01:10 AM
- 20 dollar minimum wage

So does this place exist? If so, let me know so I can move there.

Pike are you even reading this thread?

Anyway, Greece comes close. Or it did, until it ran out of money and died.

Pike
05-23-2012, 05:38 AM
Pike are you even reading this thread?

I read enough to realize that we're talking about free vidya money

Jiro
05-23-2012, 06:00 PM
Free money doesn't make me lazy, it just gives me more money!

Peegee
05-23-2012, 06:43 PM
Free money doesn't make me lazy, it just gives me more money!

No it doesn't make you lazy. I get 'free money' when I go to the doctor (I actually pay for this service, but I digress) or when I talk to my police officer friends or when they pull me over every morning when I kill somebody because I can't drive (asian)

but it motivates laziness, especially where I put in 'bail out everything and make going on welfare as easy as getting a no-fault divorce as long as you are a wimyeonerion'

Jiro
05-23-2012, 06:58 PM
But I ain't no wimyeonerion

Peegee
05-23-2012, 07:18 PM
Well you could be that guy with 30 kids, a minimum wage job, and beg the judge for leniency.