PDA

View Full Version : Another newbie here, joining in on the fun!

Chels
05-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Heya, Chels here! I'm new to the EoFF crowd too, though I've been playing the games since the 90's (actively since '97, but some vague time before for the first one). Technically FFI was the first I attempted, but I was too young to stick through the whole game; then when I was 9, VII was the first one I got sucked into and beat when my older brother rented it. (Our elementary school was loaning out Playstations for educational purposes...but um, FFVII was played instead.) I've loved the series ever since, even if I've never actually been part of any Final Fantasy fandom or forum.

My favorites are IV, VII, VIII, and IX, followed closely by VI and X. I know that's probably an excessive amount of favorites, but honestly the whole series (including some of the spinoffs) gives me warm feelings in my heart. The only ones I haven't played are XI (not an MMO person because boo monthly subscriptions) and XIII (I have no PS3 or XBOX360). And I'm about halfway through playing V for the first time now, so it falls between Have and Haven't Played.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to poking around the forum and conversing with people about FF, yay. :mogumogu:

Freya
05-23-2012, 12:16 AM
They gave them out for educational purposes? I want to go to this school.

WELCOME TO EYESON!

Alpha2099
05-23-2012, 12:24 AM
Welcome aboard!

Chels
05-23-2012, 12:44 AM
My elementary school was pretty sweet, ~tbh~. They were very focused on science and technology, so they let us borrow Playstations for a few weeks at a time to play math/science/critical thinking games. I was a big nerd and actually played the educational games most of the time and only joined my brother in his FFVII-rebellion after making absolutely sure I wouldn't get in trouble. /lame. I live life on the wild side. Though alas, the junior high/high school/university years to follow were not with the "give students gaming systems...TO LEARN, of course!" program. :(

& Thank you for the welcomes!

Pike
05-23-2012, 12:45 AM
I'm... also jealous of this Playstation thing. Although when I was in elementary school we were playing Oregon Trail on green-screen IBM computers, so... :kakapo:

Welcome to the forums! :jess:

Agent Proto
05-23-2012, 01:00 AM
Welcome to EoFF! :monster:

Bubba
05-23-2012, 01:01 AM
Great to have you here, Chels! FFVII got me into the series as well. Though I did have to shell out for my own playstation (you lucky dog!)... just finished my first play through of FF1 too.

Welcome and post about! :D

Chels
05-23-2012, 01:40 AM
I hope it's okay to keep responding in this post, ahem. Compulsive chatterer here. & Warm welcomes are the best. <3

@Pike - OREGON TRAIL. We definitely played some Oregon Trail in my history class or when we had free time, and I also remember that in computer class, there was some underwater exploration/fish game where you, like, designed or picked a fancy & colorful fish to wander around the depths of the ocean, learning about it, what it eats, getting eaten yourself if you didn't pay attention and took your fish near something that eats IT....and then stuff like Math Blasters. Sobs those were the good ol' days. I digress.

@Bubbaforever - VII has such a special place in my heart forever~ And haha, we sadly didn't get to keep the PS, but it was amazing for the period we had it. My bro and I actually ended up getting the PC version soon after, then later on when we had our own Playstation (that Christmas, I think?), we got the PS version. (Then I also got the PSP one from the PSN, so I actually have three "versions"...so excessive. Squenix is adept at taking all my moneys.)

Raistlin
05-23-2012, 02:07 AM
Welcome. Try not to let these freaks scare you off.

I LOVED OREGON TRAIL. We got to play it all the time when I was in elementary school. Also this game where you did cooking stuff, and you were a little gingerbread man person...oh, and NUMBER MUNCHERS.

Along with Oregon Trail, Number Munchers was my favorite computer game as a kid (Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego? also deserves a mention). We should have been childhood bffs.

Chels
05-23-2012, 02:20 AM
I'll be brave. :cool:

I don't think we had the cooking one (or maybe I just never played it...), but HOMYGOSH NUMBER MUNCHERS YES. And Carmen Sandiego...I can't remember the game very well, but I still make "WHERE. IN THE WORLD. IS. CARMEN SANDIEGO?" references liberally. So it kinda counts?

Nostalgia overload.

Alpha2099
05-23-2012, 03:46 PM
In my early elementary school days, we were using Apple IIe computers. I remember Oregon Trail, Number Munchers, all the Sticky Bear games, and probably a handful of others that escape me. All on floppy disks, of course. Like, ones that were actually floppy.

Peegee
05-31-2012, 11:03 PM
*sexors newbie*