PDA

View Full Version : Square Enix reports profits for 2011-12 financial year

Jiro
05-23-2012, 07:21 PM
This comes after a rather huge loss last financial year in the wake of the Japanese disasters. The Final Fantasy series is hardly the top contributor, with other published games bringing in the most revenue. Still a long way from their peak profitability, but it's good to see Square Enix on the rise again.

[source: Joystiq (http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/14/square-enix-sees-6-billion-yen-profit-in-fiscal-2012-thanks-to-d/)]

Del Murder
05-24-2012, 03:24 AM
Where does it say which games brought in the most revenue? I'm guessing FF had a large part in their profit, seeing as FFXIII-2 was a direct sequel and didn't require as much overhead as FFXIII, and they make good sales with their PSN games, which are basically pure profit for them.

Old Manus
05-24-2012, 11:36 AM
Filthy corporate whores profits before people #ows

Roogle
05-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Where does it say which games brought in the most revenue? I'm guessing FF had a large part in their profit, seeing as FFXIII-2 was a direct sequel and didn't require as much overhead as FFXIII, and they make good sales with their PSN games, which are basically pure profit for them.

Yes, the article itself says that "Square Enix's financial results for fiscal 2012 have been posted, and thanks to the releases of Deus Ex: Human Revolution and Final Fantasy XIII-2, the developer has ended the year in the black." It specifically mentions Final Fantasy XIII-2; I am wondering if any other statistics were released in terms of their revenue.