PDA

View Full Version : Fast Food

Pike
05-24-2012, 06:28 AM
It's time for dinner and you want fast food. If you normally eat vegan/paleo/gluten-free/organic/whatever, then tough, you suddenly and inexplicably want fast food anyway.

Where do you go? What do you get?

P.S. Peegee is fat.

Bunny
05-24-2012, 06:32 AM
Depends on the type of food I want. For burgers, I go to either Five Guys or Larkburger, as both are easily accessible and delicious. Larkburger is a tad more expensive but their fries are delicious. For sandwiches, I go to Cheba Hut. For pizza, I go to Mama Roni's.

Shlup
05-24-2012, 06:50 AM
Once in a while I just really, really want McDonalds. Either a Big Mac meal or a McNugget Happy Meal. The fast food I get most often is Del Taco. I get a bean and cheese burrito (they don't put lard in their beans so it's not horrible) and I love crinkle-cut french fries. Sometimes I get Dorrito tacos from Taco Bell, but that's a special circumstance... they're really pandering to their audience with those. I also really like the tacos at Jack in the Box, even though I have no idea what they're made of.

My very favorite fast food, though, is at those family places where they serve like everything from burritos to gyros to scrambled eggs to burgers to steaks... I get zucchini fries. I love a good zucchini fry. And the place near me has a Coke Freestyle machine so I can make a sparkling strawberry lemonade.

NorthernChaosGod
05-24-2012, 08:26 AM
I go to In n Out and get a double double and fries. :D

Sephex
05-24-2012, 11:54 AM
Shoop's. Not sure how far it extends from my area, if at all.

Slothy
05-24-2012, 12:41 PM
If you normally eat vegan/paleo/gluten-free/organic/whatever, then tough,

Get a burger and lose the bun. Not exactly Paleo, but low carb at least.

If I get fast food my preference is either for A&W or Dairy Queen when they have their cheeseburger lovers deals on. Two doubles for $4? I'm there.

Roto13
05-24-2012, 01:44 PM
Basically just McDonald's. It seems like most other fast food places are noticeably more expensive but not noticeably better. Whenever I feel like going to one of those other places I think "Well for just a few dollars more I could go to a half-decent sit down restaurant chain."

I used to go to KFC but it always gives me the squirts.

leader of mortals
05-24-2012, 02:31 PM
I pretty much just go to McDonalds or Taco Bell, but I greatly prefer Burger King french fries to McDonalds french fries.

As for what I get, at McDonalds I either get a McDouble and a McChicken and put the McChicken inside the McDouble, or I get the same with McNuggets if I'm really hungry, and put those in there as well. It is amazing. At Taco Bell, I'll normally just get the 99 cent burritos. They're pretty big and tasty for the price.

Peegee
05-24-2012, 02:55 PM
The decision of where to go rests solely on which animal I want to eat:

do I want beef burgers, or chicken?

If it's beef burgers, and i really want a good one - I go to Harvey's (I don't think this exists in usa but screw you). Once upon a time I went to a magical place called Jack-in-the-Box but alas, they have reduced their burger size by 90% since Mandee got married.

If it's chicken - there really aren't very many good chicken places. For strict fast food cravings, I've trained myself to drool when I think about McDonald's Mc Chicken or jr chicken sammiches. I used to like Burger King chicken sammiches but not any more (Burger King also happens to a close #2 when it comes to burgers)

Actually McDonald's for Angus burgers are good, assuming they even have them.

Wendy's Baconator if I want to eat Bacon.

I hate KFC

I will never go into a Popeye's Chicken place

I've been to white castle. Overrated.

No other place/name is good, or I haven't been to one.

Laddy
05-24-2012, 06:33 PM
Quizno's, because sandwiches are an art to be appreciated.

Peegee
05-24-2012, 07:24 PM
btw i eat at mcdonald's at MINIMUM 3 times a week. Sometimes every day.

Sephex
05-24-2012, 07:28 PM
btw i eat at mcdonald's at MINIMUM 3 times a week. Sometimes every day.

Cool, I get to post this again.

Miriel
05-24-2012, 10:36 PM
In-n-Out burger for sure. Eating it after a few months of abstaining is like the most glorious thing ever.

But aside from that, we have a few really crazy yummy sandwich places nearby that we eat at often. There's a place called Bakesale Betty's which has amazing fried chicken sandwiches. You wait in a line 30-40 people long and they just churn out these sandwiches fast enough for you to only wait in line for like 5-10 minutes before you're in front of the workers who hands you a bag of fried chicken sandwiches, and you're on your way out again. I've waiting in drive through longer than that. And nearly everything is sourced from local farmer's markets. It's like the yuppie version of fast food.

fire_of_avalon
05-25-2012, 12:07 AM
For chicken sandwiches it used to be chick fil a but then i realized the whole "we hate the gays thing" happened so i can't eat there anymore. For burgers its five guys but i never get to have it. :(

I really like boston market too.

escobert
05-25-2012, 12:17 AM
I eat fast food a lot on lunch breaks at work. SInce I live in shitty vermont and work in even shittier New Hampshire all we have it Mcdonalds, Burger King and Taco Bell.

sharkythesharkdogg
05-25-2012, 01:23 PM
I like those little quick order Hibachi places that sprung up all over the place around here starting about 5 or 6 years ago.

As for more traditional fast food, I like Taco Bell, Boston Market (which is out of business here), Hardee's (Carl's Jr.), and Arby's.

I also like Waffle House, but it's not exactly fast food.

Jiro
05-26-2012, 07:52 PM
fast food places here love grease a lot more than they do back home. Our fast food places are basically gourmet in comparison.

Loony BoB
05-29-2012, 01:03 PM
KFC for the Zinger Tower Burger (Wicked Box Meal with two hot wings, gravy, 7 Up and fries).
McDonalds for the double cheeseburgers (with large fries and either sprite or a chocolate milkshake).

sharkythesharkdogg
05-29-2012, 05:02 PM
fast food places here love grease a lot more than they do back home. Our fast food places are basically gourmet in comparison.

You love it.

Peegee
05-29-2012, 08:34 PM
Why can't I rep Piku's OP comment about me being fat more than once?

edczxcvbnm
05-29-2012, 08:56 PM
Shoop's. Not sure how far it extends from my area, if at all.

It doesn't extend far from our area.

Locations (http://www.schoophamburgers.com/locations.html)

Fonzie
05-29-2012, 09:48 PM
God, I want an in and out burger. :(

sharkythesharkdogg
05-29-2012, 10:41 PM
Every now and then I'll got hit up a Checkers.

The one near me shut down though. :(

Depression Moon
05-30-2012, 12:25 AM
Uh McDonald's and their opossum burgers. I try to avoid fast food when I can, but if I do get it I rock BK or BJ.

Shiny
05-30-2012, 01:59 AM
The only thing I have at McDonalds is the smoothies. Other then that I go to Qdoba, Chipolte, NY Press, Panera Bread, Checkers, or Subway.

On the rare occasion I go to Burger King, Arbies, White Castle, or Boston Market. I boycotted Taco Bell a while ago cuz the people there never wear plastic gloves.

The only common fast food place I don't live close to is an In and Out cuz they don't exist in the East Coast. :(

DMKA
05-30-2012, 04:56 AM
Panda Express usually. If it's for a burger, Five Guys is the only one here in Ohio that my tastebuds finds decent anymore.

One of the things I miss most about living in Southern California is In-n-Out. No one, not one fast food chain, even comes close to making burgers, fries and shakes as heavenly as they do. None that I've tried at least, not even Five Guys.

Breine
05-30-2012, 09:33 AM
Burger King is a great cure for hangovers. Plus, they have a veggie meal (incl. burger). It's pretty decent.

Chris
05-30-2012, 11:11 AM
http://www.deliveryhotlines.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/02/3688883_f520.jpg

:love:

Pike
05-30-2012, 03:39 PM
Panda Express

YES

Best ever

Jinx
05-30-2012, 04:19 PM
Panda Express

YES

Best ever

blackmage_nuke
05-30-2012, 05:20 PM
Morning: Mcdonalds, Sausage and egg mcmuffin with bacon, hashbrown and orange juice

Not morning: Hungry Jacks, double whopper with cheese/ultimate double whopper, medium fries and orange juice.

WHen there is no mcdonalds or hungry jack's nearby: Subway. Meatball sub, marinara sauce, cheese, various salads. ie. as close a simulation as the sandwhich Joey describes in the episode of friends (the one with the ride along) as possible

ps: im on my way to becoming a fat mess

Depression Moon
05-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Well I will eat McDonald's breakfast. I forgot about Checkers. There used to be one during the early 90s where I live, but I haven't seen one since then. I figured it was just a local restaurant.

Peegee
05-30-2012, 05:58 PM
It's irritating but mcdonald's breakfast costs more than mcdonald's lunch

breakfast: sausage n egg mcmuffin meal with OJ instead of coffee - $5.25
lunch: 2x dollar menu sammiches (bacon cheeseburger or jr chicken) - 2.92$

Old Manus
05-30-2012, 08:59 PM
I eat fast food too often because I don't have time during my lunch break and don't have time to make food in the morning without getting up at 6am. I sort of alternate between Burger King and McDonalds, other than that I get a cooked breakfast at the greasy spoon cafe, or if I want to drink a beer with lunch, Wetherspoons. I pretend that Subway is my healthy option.

KentaRawr!
05-31-2012, 12:50 AM
If I ever eat fast food, it's normally Taco Bell. It's pretty gross, but I don't eat fast food often anyway. :P

Jiro
06-01-2012, 12:47 AM
Panda Express

YES

Best ever

Sum1sGruj
06-01-2012, 05:30 AM
Put the insides of a Quarter Pounder into a Big Mac. That's what I ate on this night, for evident reasons:

krissy
06-01-2012, 05:33 AM
tim hortons wraps sometimes, sometimes williams' sandwiches (mm blt)
if i'm eating out it's at restaurants or bars really... only time i get fast food anymore is subway or something else when on a road trip
subway's nice though but i always get the worst, most pizza like stuff there

Miss Lady Shelly
06-11-2012, 07:21 AM
After working at a fast food restaurant for over 3 years i cannot stand the site of it. I try to refrain from going to one as much as possible.

Raebus
06-12-2012, 12:14 PM
Just eat means I no longer have to leave the house and instead order online :P Laziness prevails.