PDA

View Full Version : Barbecues are Awesome

Bubba
05-27-2012, 06:16 PM
It's 6pm here in the UK. I'm sat in my garden with a few friends. The sun is still blazing down, warming every inch of my being. I have an ice cold bottle of Peroni in my hand (more chilling in the fridge) and I'm awaiting the next course of meaty goodness.

The highlights so far have been the sweet chilli-infused Angus beef burgers, the barbecued halloumi cheese and the beautifully juicy farmers sausages.

This has probably been threaded to death but let's discuss the awesomeness that is barbecues... What would be your personal preference? What are the barbecue essentials?

Jinx
05-27-2012, 06:30 PM
What do you call it when you have to wait a long time for grilled foods?

Barbequeue.

Bubba
05-27-2012, 06:36 PM
What do you call it when you have to wait a long time for grilled foods?

Barbequeue.

True. But when you're sat in beautiful weather with a a few close friends, a few cold beers, a couple of guitars, a ukulele and a cat that likes the taste if Mojito... what's the rush?

Psychotic
05-27-2012, 06:52 PM
So what, you had a barbecue and failed to invite me, a guy you vaguely know from an internet message board?

I feel really rejected right now bubba. Not cool dude.

Iceglow
05-27-2012, 08:00 PM
That being said I know for a fact Paul will probably fail to show on the 16th of June at mine for a bbq and he needs to show his fat face!

Sephex
05-27-2012, 11:04 PM
Good stuff. I'm always down for a BBQ. I like my red meats of course, but I also love stuff like grilled potatoes and corn on the cob.

Bubba
05-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Good call with corn on the cob. Can't go wrong with that. Kebab skewers are a must as well, I feel. Chicken, onion, pepper then repeat. The perfect BBQ kebab.

The next time I host a BBQ at my house then every UK EOFF member is invited. Any EOFF members living across the pond... let me know your address and I'll send you some sausages.

Parker
05-27-2012, 11:18 PM
I just came back from a barbeque too! We got drunk and made balloon penis hats

http://i.imgur.com/Gvef6.png

DK
05-27-2012, 11:23 PM
Chicken is extremely necessary on a bbq. Legs and thighs or whatever, with a good dry rub, fuck yes. Also, living in a seaside town, there is honest to god nothing better than going out on a boat, catching some mackrel, gutting them and cleaning them and throwing them straight on a barbie within an hour. Nothing better, god damn it is the best.

also fuck gas BBQ's. :colbert:

sharkythesharkdogg
05-28-2012, 12:04 AM
*elbows his way into the conversation as an internet jackass and a southerner*

You sir, grilled food or had a "cook-out". Bar-b-queing implies a smoker, and things such as smoked beef brisquet (innuendo probably intended), pulled pork (innuendo totally intended), ribs, and perhaps even some chicken. (or smoked cock. No innuendo.)

You also need a sauce. Generally something tomato, vinegar, or mustard based. Other bases for your sauce are out there. (What? Make your own damn jokes you lazy assholes).

I love being lazy all day and grilling some burgers and hot dogs on the weekend. :jess:

krissy
05-28-2012, 12:58 AM
yesterday we had a bbq and did poetry readings and then watched the moon
it was a lot of good stuff and i still smell like firepit

fire_of_avalon
05-28-2012, 04:46 AM
I say both cookout and barbecue, but I say cookout more often.

I like grilled anything.

Bubba
05-29-2012, 04:09 PM
You sir, grilled food or had a "cook-out"

Had I been in the south of America at the time I most definitely would have had a "cook-out". However, as I was in Northern England it was officially a "barbecue".

Although thinking about it, I admit "cook-out" does make a lot more sense. I might even start a campaign to get the English terminology changed... but that does seem like an awful lot of effort so I probably won't bother.

We had some great sauces to accompany the meaty goodness. There was a nice tomato-based burger relish, some sweet-chilli sauce for the skewered chicken and the ever impressive Jack Daniels Smokey Sweet Barbecue sauce.

Raistlin
05-29-2012, 04:29 PM
I also grilled some good food with some friends this past weekend. Burgers and sausages, mmmm....

Jiro
06-01-2012, 02:08 AM
Barbecues are the national sport of australia