PDA

View Full Version : *hi 5*

Peegee
06-01-2012, 05:57 AM
View image: 1338505151714 (http://postimage.org/image/m8c0sk29f/)

>Liberals and Atheists Smarter? Intelligent People Have Values Novel in Human Evolutionary History, Study Finds

>More intelligent people are statistically significantly more likely to exhibit social values and religious and political preferences that are novel to the human species in evolutionary history. Specifically, liberalism and atheism, and for men (but not women), preference for sexual exclusivity correlate with higher intelligence, a new study finds.

Liberals and atheists smarter? Intelligent people have values novel in human evolutionary history, study finds (http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/02/100224132655.htm)

Deal with it.

krissy
06-01-2012, 06:10 AM
106 vs 96
103 vs 97

may i be the first to say

meh

however

Being nocturnal is evolutionarily novel.

this one hits home ouch

chionos
06-02-2012, 08:02 AM
I find it ironic and somewhat sad that an article written about intelligence is so poorly written.

The only actual numbers given involve a rather limited age grouping which is too small to be worthwhile.

Generally, I find these kinds of articles to be kind of silly. The kinds of correlations being produced involve many more variables than are taken into account without providing the reader with a better context or more substantial numbers.

Not really even contending the validity of the findings, just don't find the information very intelligible or useful.

Really all it boils down to is that smart people are smarter than not smart people and that smart people have ideas that are different from everyone else. Well, yeah, that's the idea isn't it?

I did like the tidbit about the nocturnal/intelligence relationship, b/c I'm a night-owl. =)

KentaRawr!
06-03-2012, 02:21 PM
I find it ironic and somewhat sad that an article written about intelligence is so poorly written.

The only actual numbers given involve a rather limited age grouping which is too small to be worthwhile.

Generally, I find these kinds of articles to be kind of silly. The kinds of correlations being produced involve many more variables than are taken into account without providing the reader with a better context or more substantial numbers.

Not really even contending the validity of the findings, just don't find the information very intelligible or useful.

Really all it boils down to is that smart people are smarter than not smart people and that smart people have ideas that are different from everyone else. Well, yeah, that's the idea isn't it?

I did like the tidbit about the nocturnal/intelligence relationship, b/c I'm a night-owl. =)

Yeah, I feel the same way. But it makes me feel bad, too! I'm such a morning person. I must be dumb! D: (Just kidding there, obviously)

But considering the recent stream of threads, I can see how this study is relevant. >_>

Loony BoB
06-03-2012, 03:09 PM
I wonder what the results would be of a study that compared the IQ of people and how much they think the article linked to is kind of poor/lacking.

krissy
06-03-2012, 10:34 PM
when i did an iq test in high school i was 130, and when i did it at the end of undergrad i got 140
so did i get smarter
or did i just get better at solving iq test questions