PDA

View Full Version : "Oops, I forgot"

Pike
06-03-2012, 06:43 AM
So I was derping through news articles today and found this one (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18279513) about a library book that was returned after 80 years. What's the longest you've, erm, "borrowed" something?

I've still got CDs I borrowed from my friends back in high school. :redface:

Sephex
06-03-2012, 06:01 PM
My cousin brought over a bunch of NES games for a New Years party back when the Playstation/N64 was in its prime. He left them at my parent's house that night and they have been mine ever since. He actually knows this and doesn't care at all.

Peegee
06-03-2012, 06:43 PM
I return things I borrow. But in grade school somebody 'gave' me a toy which I kept for days until probably their parent complained and I gave it back.

Kids don't understand give and borrow.

Anyway I think my friends still have each other's things. It's hilarious because they'll just hold on to it for years and years (like books and the like)

Did I lend my friend my Kevin Smith batman books? I still need to do that. Ohoho I might never see them again!

Zeldy
06-05-2012, 03:23 AM
I've still got my friend's fancy dress, but it's really good, and I covered it in alcohol on accident and it needs dry cleaning.

Jiro
06-07-2012, 12:14 AM
Anything I borrowed and forgot to return was probably brought up at another point where we decided meh whatever you just hang onto it. Same thing with things I've lent out. It's all about give and take.

Sum1sGruj
06-07-2012, 02:17 AM
So I was derping through news articles today and found this one (http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-18279513) about a library book that was returned after 80 years. What's the longest you've, erm, "borrowed" something?

I've still got CDs I borrowed from my friends back in high school. :redface:

All things belong to God. You borrow them. Therefore, whatever your age is, is your max.

Religious post. Haters gon hate :D

krissy
06-07-2012, 02:42 AM
ah, but what if i've 'borrowed' an ancient treasure from a museum; it is much older than i am, and will be my max until i sell it!

i've just had to pay a buck 50 to the library the other day for keeping like 10 comics overdue
it keeps happening lately

Bunny
06-07-2012, 03:30 AM
I don't borrow things from people. I steal them.

Laddy
06-07-2012, 06:08 AM
I borrow life.

Sum1sGruj
06-07-2012, 06:39 AM
?
ah, but what if i've 'borrowed' an ancient treasure from a museum; it is much older than i am, and will be my max until i sell it!

i've just had to pay a buck 50 to the library the other day for keeping like 10 comics overdue

God.

Aka Jesus. You've heard of the Trinity right?

Jesus Christ :D

Yeah, you owe Him. A life, so to speak.

Or not., He gave His life so that you may keep on going. Be a comedian out of tht one D)

Jiro
06-07-2012, 07:06 AM
I tried to be a comedian but I just... what did you even say?

Sum1sGruj
06-07-2012, 07:19 AM
I tried to be a comedian but I just... what did you even say?

Yeah, you tried and failed.
What else did you expectfrom me?
I meant what I said :D

blackmage_nuke
06-07-2012, 07:40 AM
?

God.

Or not., He gave His life so that you may keep on going. Be a comedian out of tht one D)

He didnt give his life, his resurected body ascended to heaven to be with God, aka Jesus so really he was just giving his life back to himself. It would be like if i owned a resturaunt, served you a meal, took it back, ate it, then asked you to pay for it

Jiro
06-07-2012, 07:55 AM
Sounds like he's running a wicked establishment then

Sum1sGruj
06-07-2012, 10:59 AM
?

God.

He didnt give his life, his resurected body ascended to heaven to be with God, aka Jesus so really he was just giving his life back to himself. It would be like if i owned a resturaunt, served you a meal, took it back, ate it, then asked you to pay for it

Yes, noone takes his life, it is simply willed by him. He can fall, and rise again.
He literally and explicitely states this *Because he was God in the flesh, and was risen unto His true being*
~Catholic orthodoxy 101~:)

blackmage_nuke
06-07-2012, 11:39 AM
?

God.

Yes, noone takes his life, it is simply willed by him. He can fall, and rise again.
He literally and explicitely states this *Because he was God in the flesh, and was risen unto His true being*

So you admit he sacrificed nothing for us? We dont owe him a life at all?

Sum1sGruj
06-07-2012, 11:52 AM
?

God.

So you admit he sacrificed nothing for us? We dont owe him a life at all?

You owe him a life, just in a different way., you owe him a fruitful life, a life lived in abundance and in inspiration of his sacrifice. It's only the whole of history and the most important event in human kind that rests on it, you know :|

*How do you deduce that we don't owe him a life anyway? In all reality, it is grace. We owed Him life right from the forbidden fruit. It's all about eye for eye, you see. That is why Mosaic law was so harsh. There was no grace in it, only literal perfection. You were stoned to death for adultery, for example. Cause and effect, revelation without grace., these are the things to keep in mind here and such is the importance of God's sacrifice.
Sorry if I was misleading.

blackmage_nuke
06-07-2012, 02:08 PM
You use that word sacrifice again when it's quite clear he gave nothing up. He knew there was a heaven waiting for him, he knew he was God. There are people who fight and die in wars to protect the innocent who dont know there is a heaven waiting for them, that is a sacrifice.
God can conjur up something from nothing and give it to anyone he wants, anything he gives or creates is not a sacrifice, there are people who give up everything they have to help the few people they can, that is a sacrifice.
Tell me when has God/Jesus ever sacrificed anything?

Sum1sGruj
06-07-2012, 02:18 PM
You use that word sacrifice again when it's quite clear he gave nothing up. He knew there was a heaven waiting for him, he knew he was God. There are people who fight and die in wars to protect the innocent who dont know there is a heaven waiting for them, that is a sacrifice. God can conjur up something from nothing and give it to anyone he wants, anything he gives or creates is not a sacrifice, there are people who give up everything they have to help the few people they can, that is a sacrifice. Tell me when has God/Jesus ever sacrificed anything?

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
This means that God and His authority are of the same eseence. He falls back on His own perfection. This is the cost of an omnipotent being, because an omnipotent being cannot seize to be perfect.
The only way man could live is if there was a perfect sacrifice. Notice the symmetry., He had to pay for giving mercy because that in itself is a flaw. His atonement for us was also for Himself.
You don't learn these things in Bible school, but it is nonetheless true.

Furthermore, you obviously do not know the *actual* punishment He took. Ever seen Passion of the Christ? Well, that was only 30% of what He actually endured, biblically. In fact, some argue that it is impossible for a person to endure such without dying during it.

blackmage_nuke
06-07-2012, 02:25 PM
I would gladly take a day of agnoizing torture for infinite bliss. And once again the pain jesus felt is nowhere near that compared to soldiers tortured in wars for months on end who dont know if they will ever feel the release of death or indeed what follows it. Saying Jesus' was the greatest sacrifice in history is an overstatement, when had any one of those men sucumbed to agonies far worse than Jesus, I may not be here today and the world as we know it would be different.

Sum1sGruj
06-07-2012, 02:36 PM
I would gladly take a day of agnoizing torture for infinite bliss. And once again the pain jesus felt is nowhere near that compared to soldiers tortured in wars for months on end who dont know if they will ever feel the release of death or indeed what follows it. Saying Jesus' was the greatest sacrifice in history is an overstatement, when had any one of those men sucumbed to agonies far worse than Jesus, I may not be here today and the world as we know it would be different.

It's not a contest. Jesus was innocent, and he did what he did of his own will. As I stated before, this is literally and explicitely stated in Scripture.
What matters is the fact that God kept being God. He did not falter by His own authority. Instead of waving a wand and making everything good, he instead got chastised and marched on with the cross.

krissy
06-07-2012, 03:43 PM
it seems like you guys 'forgot' what the topic of the thread was ;)

Bubba
06-07-2012, 04:26 PM
I borrowed a few pieces of silver from Judas Escariot once as he seemed to have come into a bit of money...

~*~Celes~*~
06-08-2012, 01:58 AM
a book from my 4th grade teacher :(

Iceglow
06-08-2012, 11:33 PM
you owe Him. A life

Damn Charles Manson must be really in credit with God then...

Atheist post... the hater did hate!

I borrowed my mates copy of Dynasty Warriors Gundamn for a fair while. He took it back when he was here at some point because his brother was asking bout it. Other than that I don't tend to borrow things. I have also learnt to be very cautious about loaning people thngs. I loaned one friend in College my entire collection of Dune books. (All 3 Prelude to Dune books in hard-back, Dune - Chapter House Dune in paper back) he never returned them and we haven't spoken in near enough 8 years. I also loaned my sister in law's dad my Tom Clancy collection and never saw any of them again, most of those were Hard bound too. I'm not fussed though with some of my mates because they're my best mates and eventually something will flow my way and become so much a part of my possessions we'll forgot we even borrowed/loaned it to each other.

Sum1sGruj
06-09-2012, 12:45 AM
you owe Him. A life

Damn Charles Manson must be really in credit with God then...

Atheist post... the hater did hate!

Hell. Hades. Naraka. Sheol. Whatever you want to call it. That's where pays for it. Or will pay, depending on your brand of theology. Suffice it to say, Charles Manson blasphemied against the Spirit, the big bad wolf of sin. *hottest furnace*

*Haters gon hate:)*

DMKA
06-09-2012, 01:29 AM
Stop feeding the troll people.

I indefinitely borrowed some school library books when I checked them out and we moved away. :p

Sum1sGruj
06-09-2012, 01:41 AM
Stop feeding the troll people.

I indefinitely borrowed some school library books when I checked them out and we moved away. :p

Who the smurf is the troll?

Let me tell you something: I'm just playing around. I'm surrounded by smurfing trolls, don't sit there and try to make it something it isn't, you little bytich. Been that way since day one on this bogus ass site.

Lol, *banned*

Laddy
06-09-2012, 08:02 AM
Lol, *banned*<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
He's prophetic; his words rang true. Mayhaps he does speak the truth?

Psychotic
06-10-2012, 10:34 AM
Yeah, who knew that by acting like a complete jackass that you get banned? He's the Nostradamus of our times.

Also I borrowed my friend's copy of GTA for the Game Boy (yeah, that exists) probably about 10 years ago. After I had it for maybe 6-12 months he casually asked if I had it, and I genuinely believed I had given it back and said so. He was like "I don't even have a Game Boy anymore, so I don't care if you have it or not." but I kept insisting I had returned it, and I was so sure that I had.

A couple of days ago I found it. Ooops. :shobon: I haven't seen this person for at least 7 years, but I'll see if I can track him down and return it.

Sylvie
06-10-2012, 08:58 PM
When people let me borrow things, I keep them until they want them back. Usually I am able to keep them long enough to the point where they either don't care if they have it anymore, they forget they ever had it, or getting it back is too much trouble than it's worth.

Jiro
06-11-2012, 09:52 AM
A couple of days ago I found it. Ooops. :shobon: I haven't seen this person for at least 7 years, but I'll see if I can track him down and return it.

Well aren't you just the goodest son of a bitch ever :eek: