PDA

View Full Version : What does your team build say about you as a player?

Wolf Kanno
06-04-2012, 09:02 AM
you stick to melee, or do you like a lot of magic. Maybe you like a balance of two mages and two warriors, or maybe you like unconventional parties like a Bard, Viking, Ranger, Geomancer combo. So what does your party say about you?

VeloZer0
06-05-2012, 03:44 AM
I tend to stay away from magic dps, however I just about always keep a White Mage in the party. What it says about me is that I always set my party up for maximum survivability and longevity in dungeon exploration.

Depression Moon
06-05-2012, 04:41 AM
Yeah right now I've been keeping Refia as a white mage for a while; I only changed her job twice so far. The first time as a Ranger until it became obsolete and the second time I made her a Dragoon for the Garuda battle. Right now I can't say. I'm trying out new jobs and have to change them periodically depending on the dungeon.

chionos
06-05-2012, 05:58 AM
It says, "Look at this wanker, what does he think he's doing? No imagination. Summoner and Viking together? A Dragoon and a Ninja? Utter nonsense. This is a guy who plays favorites. A guy who likes something and sticks to it whether it makes sense or not. A guy who can't be reasoned with."

Wolf Kanno
06-06-2012, 09:38 AM
My playstyle can be chaotic, I switch back and forth from practical parties to experimenting with interesting party combos. I like Dark Knight, Bard, Viking, and Geomancer for instance, it was quite an effective team to be honest. I switch around a lot though, so perhaps ADD is my playstyle? :D

Alpha2099
06-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Having only played the NES version of III and not the DS version, I was basically forced to use certain parties at certain points in the game or else I would have been roasted. I expect the DS allows for more customization through the game, but the original makes you play a certain way. That said, my style would probably focus on melee with one healer for support.

Wolf Kanno
06-06-2012, 06:54 PM
The DS doesn't change that aspect. You absolutely need to have mages for the section where you are shrunk, dragoons to fight Garuda, and Dark Knights to deal with multiplying enemies. They rebalanced the jobs so they can stay useful longer but it is still suicidal to be using starting jobs in the mid-point of the game. It's just the end game gives you more options to customize your party selection.

Sum1sGruj
06-06-2012, 09:53 PM
What does your team build say about you as a player?

That I'd make a damn fine world-saver, what else :D

I never did play the original FFIII, just the revamped DS version. Personally, I think they preserved it's antiquity to a fault. I sort of found myself moshing through the second half of the game, patience and thoroughness notwithstanding.
And so my team build sort of revealed that, having the classic makeup such as the first FF.

ReloadPsi
06-13-2012, 06:32 PM
My team for a certain amount of the game always says that I'm a dick who deliberately goes against the flow just for sheer self-indulgence.

I am referring, of course, to the fact that I always keep a Scholar in the party long after fighting Hyne, because I think they're a better melee attacker than people are willing to admit.

Rebellious Eagle
06-14-2012, 04:04 AM
I just use what I like. I tend to balance out with two magic classes and two melee classes but other that that I just use what I think is fun!

*Laurelindo*
07-31-2012, 06:16 PM
I use a Knight-Monk-White Mage-Black Mage type party as long as possible (with obvious class upgrades, of course), and when I need shadow equipment or whatever I turn the Knight and Monk into a Dark Knight.
Then at the end of the game I have two Ninjas and two Sages.

Yeah I know, this is what everybody else does.