PDA

View Full Version : Okay, I give up, what the hell is Eden?

Wolf Kanno
06-04-2012, 09:46 AM
I've been looking at the portrait art and then watching the summon and its like its some kind of trans-dimensional space jellyfish thing that causes the big bang to happen in your pants. So what are your guess or will one our plucky FFVIII knowledgeable members maybe give us a better screen cap?

Loony BoB
06-04-2012, 09:59 AM
This is why I never really used Eden. I prefer using GF's that I can put a personality to, sort of fitting the little story that goes on in my head.

I like the little theory that it is shaped to look similar to the Gardens in the game. The Garden of Eden - get it?

The Garden of Eden in the Old Testament of the Bible in the book of Genesis is a paradise God created for his earliest creations, including the first humans, Adam and Eve. Being tricked by the serpent, Adam and Eve ate fruit from the forbidden Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil and were forever banned from the garden, this event being what some Christian denominations refer to as "the original sin." Also, according to the Ragnarok's origins, the Centra legend of the Dragon Ship, Eden may be the legendary Dragon Ship itself, and it could be assumed that due to the "Garden" theme of the schools, this is the oldest Centra weapon and thus why it carries the name.

Gamblet
06-04-2012, 11:52 AM
Basically the ultimate Garden.

Sephex
06-04-2012, 08:10 PM
I like using it against those fly things outside of Balamb Garden. I like to imagine during the length of the summon animation, the critter goes off to buy a pair of pants to **** in.

Roogle
06-08-2012, 10:17 PM
Basically the ultimate Garden.

It makes sense when you think about it. Isn't the Garden of Eden the best that a garden can be? Hah.

Tigmafuzz
06-09-2012, 02:15 AM
I always thought Eden was some kind of sentient magic garden. A biological machine like the dragons in Chrono Cross. Doesn't Eden live in the fourth dimension or something? Viewing all of spacetime at once with its technology? And then bending the dimensions to appear in front of the enemy and blast it into another galaxy and then back?

BG-57
06-28-2012, 10:48 PM
I've always been partial to the idea that Eden is a living Garden, for the aforementioned reasons. I suggested it years ago.

Jiro
06-30-2012, 06:02 AM
Having it be a sentient garden really is the best idea ever.

ReloadPsi
07-03-2012, 01:26 AM
I was always okay with the idea that Eden was some kinda sentient Garden.

What I do not get is why the French translators named it "Orbital" instead. Orbital Garden (I think it's some kinda record label, but I'm not even sure about that) seems like a random-as-hell thing to name it after. Man, I've gotta re-do that French run through the game; being graduated and jobless gives me too much free time.

Jessweeee♪
07-03-2012, 02:20 PM
Yeah, that was really interesting when you posted the comparisons here o: