PDA

View Full Version : Party Racism

Wolf Kanno
06-04-2012, 06:04 PM
If there was one thing hat made me sad about FFXII, it's that it had all these cool races I actually wanted to play yet all we get is the Viera which was more for fanservice. I really kind of wish the game gave us a Moogle or Bangaa party member as well. I mean Nono is technically part of Baltheir's gang but only shows up in perhaps two scenes in the entire game. Anyone else felt that XII dropped the ball by keeping us as a mainly Hume exclusive party?

Depression Moon
06-04-2012, 09:49 PM
I was fine with it. We usually only get one non-human character per game and sometimes none.

Jinx
06-04-2012, 10:53 PM
Except in IX where you only got two fully human characters, and Amarant is questionable since he's turquoise.

Roogle
06-04-2012, 10:55 PM
I am not a fan of fantastic humanoid races. I have to admit that it was a little strange that the world was filled with that much diversity and there is not even a temporary party member of a different race that works with you for a dungeon or so. There are some allies from the optional quests that are Viera and Bangaa.

This had to have been an intentional choice by the development team. I wonder why.

Hollycat
06-05-2012, 12:11 AM
I'll be honest, I wondered the same thing, why no other races. Also, (and I know this sounds lame) I kind of wanted the viera to wear more clothing.

I wouldn't want a Nu-mou unless they were optional same with seeq, but I would want a bangaa and gria and moogle.

Mercen-X
06-05-2012, 06:40 AM
Garif! I also liked those desert weirdos.

Jiro
06-07-2012, 12:03 AM
It was probably intentional, but the lack of non-human characters gave me a strong impression that the affairs of non-humans were literally unimportant. I find it much easier to relate to characters who look like me however the rest of the Ivalice Alliance seems keen to give you the option of non-human party members.