PDA

View Full Version : Humble Bundle 5

krissy
06-04-2012, 06:12 PM
https://www.humblebundle.com/

I have copies already of over half of these games and I bought them AGAIN for a legit price because they're so good.

This one is particularly good. We are enjoying Sword & Sworcery EP quite a bit amirite? So good. Stuck on it right now because of the REAL MOON PHASES IRL which is pretty awesome.

Psychonauts was wonderful. I played through it last summer.

Bastion was the second best game of 2011.

And I'm too scared to play Amnesia to comment on it.

They're almost at 3 million guys, help 'em out!

Sephex
06-04-2012, 07:39 PM
I got this as well even though I had Bastion on XBLA and Amnesia. I always wanted to play Psychonauts and I heard good things about the other game. Anyway, this isn't the first time I threw a few bones at a Humble Bundle and it probably won't be the last.

Hollycat
06-04-2012, 07:41 PM
If this was available on PS3 I'd buy it in a heartbeat. But it aint. :(

Roto13
06-04-2012, 10:50 PM
Bought it when it went up. I didn't have most of the games already because I've never really been much of a PC gamer. This is the first time in forever I've had a half decent PC so I've started building a Steam library. Really digging Sword & Sworcery.
This one is particularly good. We are enjoying Sword & Sworcery EP quite a bit amirite? So good. Stuck on it right now because of the REAL MOON PHASES IRL which is pretty awesome.

There's a way around that without cheating and changing your computer's date. Go into the dream world and beat the snot out of that dancing boar monster to get a key, which you can use to unlock a hidden door on the path to Mingi Taw, which lets you control the phase of the moon.

krissy
06-04-2012, 11:14 PM
yeah, but

i can't find the bear anymore...i have two trigons, and whenever i go into the dream there's no sign of the bear anywhere. i dunno if i did something to cause that to not be available anymore or what... i have tried multiple times, went through entire dream, tried singing in random places, no more bear. i only saw him once on the way to get the bright moon trigon and never again after i left the dream the first time

Roto13
06-04-2012, 11:35 PM
Maybe he disappears if you get one of the triforces trigons.

Ah well.

Sephex
06-05-2012, 01:19 AM
Just tried that Sword and Sorcery game for a bit. Color me impressed. Gonna play it again when I can focus better.

krissy
06-07-2012, 10:24 PM
Hey there!
We've added three games to Humble Indie Bundle V! If you've already purchased the bundle, then Braid, Super Meat Boy, and Lone Survivor are already on your download page! If you haven't bought Humble Indie Bundle V yet, set your price higher than the average to get these excellent games in addition to Psychonauts, LIMBO, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP, and Bastion!

jeez

Madonna
06-07-2012, 11:50 PM
This is actually the first Humble Bundle I have gotten; all other previous times a bundle has popped up, I never a) paid attention and b) never had the money. I know the bundles can be had for free, but that seems a little jerkish when people are trying to make something from their work. So cheers, my first bundle and the deal got sweeter before I knew it. Yay, developers, yay, charity, and yay, games.

krissy
06-08-2012, 12:02 AM
same
it's like they made this bundle specifically to suit my gaming tastes

Bunny
06-08-2012, 03:28 AM
I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that they had added the three additional games to my page.

Roto13
06-08-2012, 03:52 AM
So hey guys, I have mind powers, because I was like "Man, I really want to buy Lone Survivor, like a lot, but there's about a 1% chance that it will show up in the Humble Indie Bundle so I guess I'll wait a bit" and then it happened.

You're welcome.

Usually they just add the stuff from the previous bundle. I was looking forward to getting Night Sky, but I'd rather have Lone Survivor anyway.

Sephex
06-08-2012, 04:25 AM
Indeed. Downloaded my extra games today!

Dignified Pauper
06-12-2012, 02:01 PM
Amnesia is fucking terrifying.

Roto13
06-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Amnesia is fucking terrifying.

I played it on OnLive and I didn't even make it to any of the scary parts. It was too stressful.

Dignified Pauper
06-12-2012, 03:18 PM
I just feel like every damn noise is going to murder me... It's so damn stressful. You're absolutely right. All I have is anxiety when playing.

krissy
06-12-2012, 05:12 PM
silent hill does the same thing to me
i want to download and play amnesia for the novelty factor of saying i had
but i know i'll never get very far

Sephex
06-12-2012, 05:28 PM
I've beaten Amnesia a few times. Just keep going guys! The more you play, the more you get used to it. Personally, I never got over how tense I feel when playing it, but it has lessened dramatically over time.

Hollycat
06-12-2012, 05:33 PM
Just bought it. Which should I start with?

Del Murder
06-12-2012, 05:34 PM
Should I buy this? I don't play games on PC very often but indy games are fun and this sounds like a great deal.

Hollycat
06-12-2012, 05:43 PM
Bastion was given a few game of the years by independant reviewers such as Yahtzee, and limbo alone is a great game. So I've heard anyways.

Bunny
06-12-2012, 05:44 PM
Should I buy this? I don't play games on PC very often but indy games are fun and this sounds like a great deal.

Definitely.

krissy
06-12-2012, 06:43 PM
bastion was my fave game of 2011 before i played deus ex
psychonauts took over my summer of 2011
they are all very good games and worth whatever you pay for them

Sephex
06-12-2012, 07:04 PM

Yes. Do it. You will love at LEAST two of the games offered in this bundle.

Dignified Pauper
06-13-2012, 05:12 AM
FUCK MY LIFE! Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I was playing it at my friend's, with him watching... We both freaked the hell out when I was in the storage, and saw something with a giant open mouth... WHAT THE HELL IS IT!? I DON'T EVEN. I think I peed/soiled myself.

Del Murder
06-16-2012, 02:03 AM
Started playing Bastion first. Without the narrator it's pretty standard fare. He really makes the game. I was also annoyed with the controls but I found a way to get my PS3 controller to work with it and now it's a lot better.

Sephex
06-16-2012, 02:32 AM
FUCK MY LIFE! Amnesia: The Dark Descent. I was playing it at my friend's, with him watching... We both freaked the hell out when I was in the storage, and saw something with a giant open mouth... WHAT THE HELL IS IT!? I DON'T EVEN. I think I peed/soiled myself.

This is a little further in the game, but shouldn't spoil much. I laugh every single time I watch this:

Oh SHIT ! I have a bag of milky ways ! ( Amnesia : The Dark Descent ) - YouTube (http://youtu.be/UbE9-3s7qvo)

krissy
06-16-2012, 03:58 AM
Started playing Bastion first. Without the narrator it's pretty standard fare. He really makes the game. I was also annoyed with the controls but I found a way to get my PS3 controller to work with it and now it's a lot better.

that's like saying rock band without the instruments is pretty much just ddr

oh yeah man are you using the MotionJoy drivers for the ps3 controller? so nice and ez

Del Murder
06-16-2012, 04:01 AM
Yeah, had to emulate 360 controller but it worked like a charm.

I think I'm addicted now. Got through the bow and crossbow challenges but I don't know how I'm going to kill all those damn squirts in less than a minute with the katana.

Sephex
06-16-2012, 04:07 AM
Yeah, had to emulate 360 controller but it worked like a charm.

I think I'm addicted now. Got through the bow and crossbow challenges but I don't know how I'm going to kill all those damn squirts in less than a minute with the katana.

Played this back when it his XBLA. You are basically saying what I was thinking when I first played it. The challenges get awfully ridiculous to clear with the best time, but once I played the more difficult ones a few times, I got into a good rhythm and bested them all!

Hmm, maybe I should play through it again now that I have in on my PC as well...

krissy
06-16-2012, 04:28 AM
there's no way to get top marks immediately in most of them, you gotta upgrade and then come back.

although some of them you can do without upgrades using some noggin action. i don't remember which ones unfortunately.

Sephex
06-16-2012, 04:31 AM
there's no way to get top marks immediately in most of them, you gotta upgrade and then come back.

although some of them you can do without upgrades using some noggin action. i don't remember which ones unfortunately.

Crap, knew I forgot something. Upgrading helps immensely. I don't remember which ones you can best without upgrading, either.

krissy
06-16-2012, 04:34 AM
well the thing is too, you can usually upgrade if you get at least one of the challenge levels for each weapon, and then go back and do it again

i think i managed to finish shotty on top marks without upgrading just by efficient pushing, and some of the later weapons that i won't spoil for del have a certain luck factor worked in
everything else is trial and error and upgrading though
it's a great way to practice each weapon imo

Sephex
06-16-2012, 04:47 AM
The one I had the most trouble on was the hammer. Dear god, I just couldn't get that down. I then raged when I learned that you have to get at least one point ahead of the best score the first time I "tied" the score.

Dignified Pauper
06-17-2012, 04:16 AM
OH GOD! I was playing Amnesia in the dark with headphones. I just got past the elevator... JESUS! I was freaking out so much.

Sephex
06-17-2012, 10:17 PM
OH GOD! I was playing Amnesia in the dark with headphones. I just got past the elevator... JESUS! I was freaking out so much.

That's the way to do it. Isolated, in a dim or dark room, with at least decent headphones on.

Roto13
06-17-2012, 10:27 PM
So hey, the current Indie Royale (http://www.indieroyale.com/) bundle is pretty good, too. PixelJunk Eden, Escape Goat, Noitu Love 2, and Auditorium.

It's no Humble Indie Bundle, but those are all enjoyable games. (Well, I haven't played Noitu Love yet, but it's probably good.)