06-04-2012, 11:49 PM
Zomg video gamez

Freya
06-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Only important one.

SObs9KnK0Ng

gZrklEy9ohQ

S2ZseseqE20

And an original game! NOt a sequel or reboot! It looks interesting!

FcMRkyoHKeA

Sephex
06-05-2012, 01:18 AM
Nothing has truly wowed me so for (though I am kind of interested in the social networking aspect Nintendo is touting), but nothing has really pissed me off either. There is stupid stuff like having companies have musical guests, but I am not going to be Mr. Typical Gamer and go, "OMG THIS IS WHY THE INDUSTRY IS RUINED!!! HERE COMES THE GAME CRASH AGAIN!!!!"

Freya
06-05-2012, 01:29 AM
OH the actual cinematic instea dof just the gameplay,

-pUhraVG7Ow

Roto13
06-05-2012, 02:09 AM
Sony press conference.

Watch PlayStation’s E3 Press Conference Live Right Here – PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/06/04/watch-playstations-e3-press-conference-live-right-here/)

Freya
06-05-2012, 02:15 AM
The South Park game interests me. OH I JUST LOVE E3 TIME! So much gaming news ^_^

Sephex
06-05-2012, 02:18 AM
This may contradict what I said earlier about being too cynical, but I couldn't help making this really quick after I read on EA's E3 stuff.

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s26/Sephex/eadog.png

sabin101
06-05-2012, 02:41 AM
I cannot believe square did not even have bravery default in the line of games ugh. Of course no versus lol. I am starting to believe that the game does not even exist at all. That game has been in development since 2006. None of the trailers or press conferences have really impressed me same old thing. Pretty boring in my opinion.

Freya
06-05-2012, 02:45 AM
OMG FULL ON NAVAL BATTLE ON AC3 OMG THAT IS THE MOST OMG SOMEONE SOMEONE STOP MY HEAD IT'S GOING TO EXPLODE FROM EXCITEMENT.

Roto13
06-05-2012, 03:05 AM
OMG FULL ON NAVAL BATTLE ON AC3 OMG THAT IS THE MOST OMG SOMEONE SOMEONE STOP MY HEAD IT'S GOING TO EXPLODE FROM EXCITEMENT.

With blood vignetting. Your ship is bleeding all over your eyes.

krissy
06-05-2012, 03:13 AM
wow kc watchdogs looks spectacular awesome
thanks for the link

Pike
06-05-2012, 03:19 AM
THIS WATCH DOGS THING

GOTYAY

Madame Adequate
06-05-2012, 03:54 AM
Right, we're not longer Eyes on Final Fantasy, we're Eyes on Everything and we're a Watch Dogs fansite. Paul, get it done.

Sephex
06-05-2012, 03:56 AM
Everything is proceeding just as planned...

krissy
06-05-2012, 04:05 AM
yep i'm in
revolution if necessary

Depression Moon
06-05-2012, 04:26 AM
The Last of Us E3 2012 Gameplay - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=8ZYkj0glnqs)

To the face!

Del Murder
06-05-2012, 04:46 AM
Last of Us looks amazing. Naughty Dog sure knows how to make the pretty.

Sephex
06-05-2012, 04:53 AM
I am digging how Last of Us flows. Also impressed with the Watchdog Chicago game too.

chionos
06-05-2012, 05:13 AM
Watch Dogs and TLoU both look like great fun, and TLoU especially just looks great.

Roto13
06-05-2012, 05:26 AM
Welp.

So long, Vita. You had a... well, not a good run, but a run.

One actual new announcement and it's a port of a Smash Bros. clone, and a ten second trailer for an Assassin's Creed spinoff (that looks great). The system has been floundering since launch and Sony had their opportunity to convince the world not to count it out yet and instead they spent that time showing off a Harry Potter Eyetoy game.

Way to go, Sony.

Hollycat
06-05-2012, 05:42 AM
A1rizB4vF18

Old Manus
06-05-2012, 07:22 PM
What the hell happened to Tomb Raider? I haven't paid much attention to vidyagaems (especially TR) over the past few years so maybe I missed a few steps along the way (the last one I played was TR3 and that was a hell of a game), but...what. It just looks like a generic third person shooter...my childhood is gone

krissy
06-05-2012, 07:28 PM
it's a dark gritty more realistic reboot by the looks of things
i think it looks just fine
if you'r einto survival horror
which i am

Bolivar
06-05-2012, 08:14 PM
Really glad to see a game like Watch Dogs come out and generate that hype only E3 can produce.

Last of Us looks pretty, a nice evolution from Uncharted

As a hardcore cod fan, yeah, I thought Black Ops 2 looked fantastic.

Kinda disappointed with Far Cry 3, they alienate me from it more and more with everything they show, and I loved (and am replaying on PC) the second game.

Very puzzled by the lack of GTA V, I believe this is the first time Rock Star has showed a trailer and just not follow up on it with anything for a significant period of time. I think Max Payne 3 did alright, but it makes you wonder what's going on over there.

EA has lost its mind with this Battlefield Premium thing, it makes absolutely no sense and I'm sure they know it.

PlayStation Plus game collection thingy is pretty impressive.

But more than anything I'm glad I don't really keep up with current games all that much anymore :)

KentaRawr!
06-06-2012, 01:05 AM
That game with Ellen Page is kinda cool

But I won't be able to play without thinking of Hard Candy

Hollycat
06-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Holy crap Sony. I'm not complaining, I like the free games, but weren't they already losing money?

Wolf Kanno
06-06-2012, 09:23 AM
AC3 and Dishonored are both looking pretty awesome. Other than that, I feel like it's just another batch of FPS and third person shooters from most of the studios. I'll keep looking around though, there is usually some goodies hidden by all the news on this years CoD and Madden.

Loony BoB
06-06-2012, 09:29 AM
Levels of interest after watching videos (8/10 is where I want to shell out my cash if it were out now)...

Watch Dogs - 9/10
Tomb Raider - 9/10
The Last of Us - 8/10
Gameglobe - 7/10 (F2P, why not?)
Beyond Two Souls - 6/10
Halo 4 - 6/10
Far Cry 3 - 6/10
Crysis 3 - 5/10
Splinter Cell: Blacklist - 4/10
Star Wars 1313 - 3/10
Playstation All Stars Battle Royale - 2/10
Elder Scrolls Online - 2/10
Fable: The Journey - 0/10

Also, checked out the Luminous Engine tech demo and all I can say is 'Wow'. Just when you thought graphics were amazing already, they basically double the quality. Real time? Seriously? Wow.

Very puzzled by the lack of GTA V
The show ain't over yet, Bolly. I think there are a few "SECRET" bits for the fourth day, aren't there?

Markus. D
06-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Looking forward to the Tomb Raider reboot, which canonically dates back before the first game. But heyyyyy xD! Last of Us, and Injustice. <3 <3 <3

Pete for President
06-06-2012, 11:56 AM
No "boo's" or "fuuu's" for the Wii U yet?

Apart from the SNES I don't own any Nintendo consoles, and by the looks of their press conference that will remain so.

Slothy
06-06-2012, 12:22 PM
No "boo's" or "fuuu's" for the Wii U yet?

Apart from the SNES I don't own any Nintendo consoles, and by the looks of their press conference that will remain so.

I wasn't impressed by it when it was announced, but I don't feel the need to rehash those comments because nothing has really changed from what I've seen of their E3 announcements. Sure there's a new controller for the "hardcore" (and that is possibly the worst button layout I could imagine from the looks of it), but that's not a game changer, or even all that interesting. Hell, with the classic controller for the Wii, it was almost expected they'd have something else to charge people more money for.

Haven't gotten through much of the E3 coverage myself, but the Last of Us and Watch Dogs look pretty fucking great so far. I didn't have my hopes too high for anything to wow me this E3, but two new IP's that actually look great? Yes please.

Pike
06-06-2012, 04:10 PM
ZombiU looks promising. Beyond that, I don't really keep up with Nintendo anymore (other than the DS). They were great when I was a kid but these days... I dunno. Still great for handhelds but I don't own a Wii and I don't think I'd own a WiiU, either.

Roto13
06-06-2012, 04:14 PM
DIdn't Rockstar already confirm that GTA V wasn't going to be at E3?

Wii U's press conference was underwhelming until you realize that all of those games are launch window games. Usually they'll show a bunch of things coming at any time in the future when they announce a console. Like when the 3DS was announced, its biggest reveal was Kid Icarus: Uprising, and that came out like a year after the console launched. Their first real system seller, Super Mario 3D Land, wasn't even announced with the system.

But everything they showed for Wii U is supposedly coming out this year, which I guess was a bad decision because it didn't have the wow factor of showing the best of what's coming over the next two years.

If they actually manage to get Hideki Kamiya/Platinum's new game out near launch, I'll have to buy one. It looks great (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9YjceHWgC8).

Bolivar
06-06-2012, 07:04 PM
The show ain't over yet, Bolly. I think there are a few "SECRET" bits for the fourth day, aren't there?

I suppose you're right, considering I know for a guaranteed 100% FACT that Versus XIII IS showing up!!!

And Roto, a lot of things that end up being shown at E3 get confirmed to not appear at E3.

Wolf Kanno
06-06-2012, 07:05 PM
It's hard to get excited for the Wii-U when most of the games they are showing for it have either been released on current consoles or will be released for them. I also can't quite fathom what the tablet controller will be used for to expand gaming. Right now, I keep thinking it will only be useful for stuff like the GBA/Gamecube connectivity titles, and while a sequel to Four Swords and a real sequel to Crystal Chronicles is a nice thought, I'm having a hard time justifying the new controller due to lack of meaningful application demos. I agree with Vivi22 that the hardcore controller is not ideally set up either.

Still, Nintendo has released little info on games designed around the new controller, so I'm not seeing much reason to get excited for the system as a whole, though at the same time, I feel Sony and Microsoft gave us a pretty lackluster generation currently as well, so I'm not exactly anticipating with any form of excitement for their next consoles either, especially if they are just going to be expensive multimedia hubs.

Del Murder
06-06-2012, 07:29 PM
I suppose you're right, considering I know for a guaranteed 100% FACT that Versus XIII IS showing up!!!
How do you know for a fact? Are you there?

krissy
06-06-2012, 07:45 PM
i am very interested in just dance 4
and dance central 3

and ni no kuni: white witch
Ni No Kuni: Wrath Of The White Witch Video Game, E3 2012: Forest Exploration Gameplay (Cam) | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-ni-no-kuni/731458)

Freya
06-07-2012, 03:51 AM
JUST DANCE 4 HAS THE BEST SONG EVER! Call me maybe :D

rubah
06-07-2012, 03:57 AM
Final Fantasy tumblers
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Ljfv--jFMZ8/T9AOcj4WTWI/AAAAAAAAO94/tfQjGG0zVmo/s635/IMAG2625.jpg
Cutesy super-deformed figurines
https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-1v2OgFWHmA0/T9AOxeXQe3I/AAAAAAAAO-Y/i18dljhkMP0/s635/IMAG2629.jpg

Also WiiU is way cooler than I was anticipating. It seemed kinda lame at first, but super mario wiiu was great :3

It comes off as ugly tacky kid's computer in all the pictures I'd seen before hand, but holding one feels really nice--compare the feeling of a dualshock with the form factor of a tablet. it's so comfortable!

they seemed to be pushing the "asymetrical" gameplay idea-- the controller doesn't just mirror the tv display-- for example, super mario brothers wiiu has an assist mode-- kishi and I tried it out where I was controlling mario with the wiimote and kishi was controlling the placement of temporary blocks, adding coins, killing enemies. It was a lot how we played most of NSMBwii except instead of me being in a bubble the whole time, I'm going through the platforming elements of the levels, and he's anticipating trouble areas and adding and removing elements in cooperation with me.
(not to say you couldn't use it to stymy your partner's progress ;D)

also, wiiu also brings HD graphics to nintendo, ABOUT TIME.

Ni No Kuni was kinda weird. I don't think I really grokked the way the game played. There were elements of automatically controlled characters, but switching between the characters was pretty difficult. There's also a lot of movement in the battle screen that made it hard for me to keep up with my characters and know what everyone was doing.

Also, for anyone who managed to like both lords of shadow and classic castlevania titles, be happy to know that the sequel seems to be very faithful to the gameplay of LoS while making the world more familiar to classic castlevania platforming fans.

Hollycat
06-07-2012, 04:00 AM
I need that cactuar cup.

Jinx
06-07-2012, 04:05 AM
CACTUAR

Bolivar
06-07-2012, 04:58 AM
How do you know for a fact? Are you there?

Haha did I get your hopes up, Del?

Del Murder
06-07-2012, 05:47 AM
:cry:

krissy
06-08-2012, 02:42 AM
i'm a sucker for ellen page but this looks pretty all right

BEYOND: Two Souls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4NEup8y0g-Q)

she's in TWO games this e3! impressive

KentaRawr!
06-08-2012, 10:42 AM
Wait, maybe I'm just out of the loop here,

But Rubah's at E3 with Kishi? :eek:

NeoCracker
06-08-2012, 11:23 PM
Heres what I'm most excited fore.

6. Sim City
I loved Sim City back on the SNES, so I'm pretty much hoping for that but better. A lot better. It's a bit hard for me not to be excited for this, even though it was only a pitiful trailer with no real gameplay.

5. Ascend: New Gods
Mostly I'm happy it's not another sequal (I believe anyway), and the scene was pretty awesome. Another one there isn't to much to go on though.

4. Last of Us
The battle animations showed off and enviroments are fucking awesome. The only thing that keeps me from getting too excited is the plot, which I have no Idea where they will go with it. Still, what was shown off so far is pretty awesome.

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth
Funny and an RPG? And South Park? The RPG fanboy in me would buy this even if it looked poopy. Which it doesn't. It has an appropriately epic south park feel to it.

2. Watchdogs
I was sold the moment he turned off the traffic lights. No need to explain why I loved it, as everyone else seemed to get a huge thrill as well.

1. Beyond: Two Souls
Trailer was bitching, though no gameplay, but what sold me is the developer. I absolutely loved Heavy Rain, so to see these guys doing another project makes me swoon. And hey, Ellen Page.

rubah
06-09-2012, 03:21 AM
Wait, maybe I'm just out of the loop here,

But Rubah's at E3 with Kishi? :eek:

For a day, yup
https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-BauMi2ZndU4/T9AQLrqlB_I/AAAAAAAAPAI/A3t8rWvahI0/s635/IMAG2643.jpg

krissy
06-09-2012, 07:25 AM
Unreal Engine 4 - GT.TV Exclusive Development Walkthrough - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOvfn1p92_8)

KentaRawr!
06-10-2012, 12:24 AM
I remember when I used to make giant threads on this sort of thing. I wonder why I stopped doing that.

But here's a thing GT did on that new game with Ellen Page. (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-beyond-two/732066)

DMKA
06-10-2012, 04:54 AM
Blah, this E3 was incredibly boring.

krissy
06-12-2012, 12:47 AM
Hey Ash, Whatcha Playin'? Video Game, E3 2012: Butt Awards HD | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/e3-2012-hawp/732064)

E3 SUMARY BUTT AWRDS