PDA

View Full Version : Mid-Year Ciddies 2012 - NOMINATIONS are now underway! - due Friday June 15!

Queen Award, First of Her Name
06-05-2012, 05:12 PM
:kakapo: 22nd Ciddies Awards Nomination Thread :kakapo:

Welcome to the Ciddies, EoFF's semiannual award ceremony!

For those of you who may be new or just aren't paying attention, the Ciddies are a semi-annual forums awards event where you, the members, nominate and vote each other for various awards. If you still aren't sure about this whole business, the organic lifeform Jiro has written up a nice guide about the Ciddies which is located here (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-archive/139952-ciddies-newbie-guide.html).

Longtime participants may recall that we did things a little differently last December, and we shall be continuing that this time around, so do pay attention:

This is the nomination phase. The list of awards to nominate your fellow members for is below. The rules and restrictions are below and are predominately the same as past Ciddies with a couple exceptions which I will detail here. You may nominate up to two members per award. This gives you a chance to nominate people who may otherwise go overlooked. Nominating one person per award is still acceptable. You may nominate a single member up to 10 times.

Please PM (mognet message) your nominations to myself, Award Bot. Nominations will be open for approximately one week, so be sure to be prompt!

The first person to send me a complete set of nominations will get a gold star in their custom title until the next Ciddies event!

And now, here is the list of awards:

1. Best Member
2. Best Male [must actually be male]
3. Best Female [must actually be female]
4. Best Admin [automated, don't bother nominating]
5. Best Cid's Knight [automated, don't bother nominating]
6. Best Developer/Editor/Tech Admin [automated, don't bother nominating]
7. Best Recognized Member/Former Staff
8. Best Oldbie [person who registered before Jan 1, 2006 and isn't on staff or a Former Staff / Recognized Member]
9. Best Veteran [person who registered between Jan 1, 2006 and Dec 31, 2010 and isn't on staff or a Former Staff / Recognized Member]
10. Best Newbie [person who registered after Dec 31, 2010 and isn't on staff or a Former Staff / Recognized Member]
11. Cutest Male [must actually be male]
12. Cutest Female [must actually be female]
13. Best Custom Rank
14. Best Avatar
15. Best Signature
16. Best Artist
17. Best Writer
18. Best General Forums Poster
19. Best Final Fantasy Forums Poster
20. Best #eoff Chatter
21. Best Blogger
22. Best Newswriter
23. Best Thread
24. Best Post
25. Nicest Member
26. Snarkiest Member
27. Funniest Member
28. Craziest Member
29. Most Intimidating Member
30. Most Underrated Member
31. Most Missed Member
32. Most Hardcore Gamer
33. Biggest Final Fantasy Fangirl
34. Most Helpful Member
35. Cutest Couple [this is for legitimate couples, please go to award 50 for joke nominations]

Most Likely To…
36. Become a Cid's Knight
37. Get permabanned
38. Win a Ciddie for the Very First Time [past winners] (http://pastebin.com/EKqKbrep)
39. Win a Ciddie for the Very Last Time
40. Be the hero/heroine of the Next Big Final Fantasy Game
41. Be the beautiful villain of the Next Big Final Fantasy Game
42. Be the sidekick that people either love or hate in the Next Big Final Fantasy Game
43. Pull a Jiro and completely lose it on the forums
44. Become a Space Miner
45. Live in a survivalist compound surrounded by guns and tinfoil hats
46. Rig the Ciddies
47. Be a viral marketing bot for Square-Enix
48. Be GLaDOS
49. Be Wheatley
50. Get Together

Here is a pastebin (http://pastebin.com/n7XwGs8z) listing members with 25 posts or more over the last six months which fall into the appropriate categories of Oldbie/Veteran/Newbie/RM or FS: Mid-Year Ciddies 2012 - Pastebin.com (http://pastebin.com/n7XwGs8z)

And here is the above list of awards with all the extra gunk edited out, to make copypasting easier:

1. Best Member
2. Best Male
3. Best Female
4. [automated, don't bother nominating]
5. [automated, don't bother nominating]
6. [automated, don't bother nominating]
8. Best Oldbie
9. Best Veteran
10. Best Newbie
11. Cutest Male
12. Cutest Female
13. Best Custom Rank
14. Best Avatar
15. Best Signature
16. Best Artist
17. Best Writer
18. Best General Forums Poster
19. Best Final Fantasy Forums Poster
20. Best #eoff Chatter
21. Best Blogger
22. Best Newswriter
23. Best Thread
24. Best Post
25. Nicest Member
26. Snarkiest Member
27. Funniest Member
28. Craziest Member
29. Most Intimidating Member
30. Most Underrated Member
31. Most Missed Member
32. Most Hardcore Gamer
33. Biggest Final Fantasy Fangirl
34. Most Helpful Member
35. Cutest Couple

Most Likely To…
36. Become a Cid's Knight
37. Get permabanned
38. Win a Ciddie for the Very First Time
39. Win a Ciddie for the Very Last Time
40. Be the hero/heroine of the Next Big Final Fantasy Game
41. Be the beautiful villain of the Next Big Final Fantasy Game
42. Be the sidekick that people either love or hate in the Next Big Final Fantasy Game
43. Pull a Jiro and completely lose it on the forums
44. Become a Space Miner
46. Rig the Ciddies
47. Be a viral marketing bot for Square-Enix
48. Be GLaDOS
49. Be Wheatley
50. Get Together

FINE PRINT!:

Rule #1 - You can nominate yourself for no more than two awards, excluding Cutest Couple.
Rule #2 - You can nominate any one member for no more than ten awards, excluding Cutest Couple.
Rule #3 - Do not post your nominations - PM them.
Rule #4 - PM nominations to Award Bot, not anyone else!
Rule #5 - PM your nominations by the closing date.
Rule #6 - Do not spam up the Ciddies Thread with self-advertising. You are free to make a "For Your Consideration" thread for that.
Rule #7 - You can nominate up to two people per award (or two couples for #40 and #50). One nomination per award is still acceptable.
Rule #8 - You can't be nominated for avatar, custom rank and/or sig if you do not have an avatar, custom rank and/or sig - unless you remove them at some time during the Ciddies.
Rule #9 - You can change your avatar, custom rank and/or sig during nominations and finals. This shouldn't cause any major issues, as you can only earn what awards you receive, be the votes late or early, that's your problem.
Rule #10 - Changes/additions can be made however often you like. Please title any PM's with Changes as 'Nomination Changes' or 'Vote Changes', and the same for additions (only 'Additions' should replace 'Changes' in the title. Duh).
Rule #11 - You can only be nominated/voted for one of the 'rank-categorized-awards'. Best Admin, Cid's Knight and Developer have automatic entry for all of the obvious included members.
Rule #12 - You can't nominate a male for any Ciddie with the word 'female' in it, and you can't nominate a female for any Ciddie with the word 'male' in it. If it doesn't have 'male' or 'female' in it, you can nominate a member of either gender.
Rule #13 - People who are NOT currently couples shouldn't be voted as Cutest Couple - this is for people who ARE already couples.
Rule #14 Nominations for Ciddie #43 must NOT be past Ciddies winners.
Rule #15 - People who are currently couples shouldn't be voted as Most Likely To Get Together - this is for people who are NOT already couples. By 'Get Together', I mean 'Become A Couple'.
Rule #16 - You may only nominate people who have posted in the last six months (between January 1, 2012 and now). If a member has been active in chat but not on the forums, I may allow them to be nominated for the Best Chatter award, but no other awards. An exception is also made for "Most Missed Member".

*deep breath*

Also - You don't have to make nominations for every award.
Also - Again, when nominating, please think not of overall, but purely of the last six months. In other words, if someone was really helpful one year ago, and they don't help much now, they shouldn't get that award. This is purely for the occurrences of the last six months!
Also - The Cutest Couple award does not count into the five nominations for another member of your choice, or your self-nominations.
Also - All nominations are strictly confidential. In addition to that - You cannot publically post your nominations or votes until after the final voting has occurred - a thread can be made for them a bit after the results are shown.
Also - In general, to be nominated into the second round for an award, a member needs to obtain two nominations in that award. Should eight members all receive three nominations, then the cut-off will be raised to three nominations, and the same for eight members receiving four nominations each, and so on. The only exception to this rule will be if only 1-3 members will be cut, meaning it's not worth the change. This rule may be stricter due to the rule change to allow two nominations per award. In general, the nominations will be cut so that no more than 7 or 8 members (or couples) are nominated for each award (Best Member being a possible exception).
Also - I hold the right to reject any nominations/votes for any reason, most often this is that the member hasn't been active in the forums in the past six months.
Also - For a list of past Ciddies winners, THE LIST (http://pastebin.com/EKqKbrep). Note - it may or may not be a mess.
Also - Award Bot, Election Booth and second accounts are only allowed to be voted for the MLT (Most Likely To...) and Profile (Custom Title, Avatar, Signature) Ciddies.
Also - Banned members are only allowed to be voted for the Best Chatter and Most Missed Member Ciddies.
Also - If a member belongs to more than one group (e.g. Recognized Member AND Veteran) then they are eligible ONLY for the first of those groups to appear in the list. This covers Ciddies for Best Admin, Cid's Knight, Recognized Member/Former Staff, Veteran, Regular and Newbie, but Developer/Editor is the exception.
Also - Let's keep it fun. GO! Nominate!

TLDR: Nominate PEOPLE for the Ciddies by copying the awards above and PMing them to Award Bot. You can now nominate for two people per award but you don't have to.

Pike
06-05-2012, 05:24 PM
The beautiful star in my custom title is the one that's up for grabs. It's been a good run.

Unless I can snag it twice in a row, who knows!

Raistlin
06-05-2012, 05:43 PM
Congrats to all the winners.

Old Manus
06-05-2012, 05:47 PM
Did the server get fixed?

Agent Proto
06-05-2012, 06:18 PM
Probably not, I'm still having some problems, but at least it's doing better and happening less often.

Hollycat
06-05-2012, 06:30 PM
Voted. I hope I get a ciddie this time!

Agent Proto
06-05-2012, 06:35 PM
How can you have voted so early HC?

Madame Adequate
06-05-2012, 06:38 PM
I have a post which I would like to submit for your consideration as Best Post. However, the author appears to have deleted it - fortunately I was so taken with it that I have a screenshotted version!

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/Pikestaff/Iceglowcuddles.png

Hollycat
06-05-2012, 06:40 PM
I am Pinkie Pie, that's how.

fire_of_avalon
06-05-2012, 06:48 PM
I love the MLTs this time around. Good work Award Bot. Yay Ciddies!

06-05-2012, 07:03 PM
Your appreciation is noted and appreciated, foa!

I would also like to congratulate Agent Proto for being the first to submit a full, complete set of nominations. A star shall be administered to your custom title as soon as possible.

Hollycat
06-05-2012, 07:08 PM
Awww, he beat me.
Oh well, I'd prefer a balloon anyways.

*subtly asks for a balloon*

I really don't enjoy nominating, I never can think of who i want to nominate.

Sephex
06-05-2012, 07:27 PM
I'll do this some time later. I am at work right now. It's been awhile since I've been around for one of these things.

Agent Proto
06-05-2012, 08:39 PM
Your appreciation is noted and appreciated, foa!

I would also like to congratulate Agent Proto for being the first to submit a full, complete set of nominations. A star shall be administered to your custom title as soon as possible.

aww yeah! Now I'm 20% cooler than before.

Del Murder
06-05-2012, 09:12 PM
Mmmm...Ciddies.

Old Manus
06-05-2012, 10:57 PM
Forgot to log in to Quina?

Del Murder
06-05-2012, 11:04 PM
I ate Quina.

Clouded Sky
06-06-2012, 02:21 AM
SO WHO DO I VOTE FOR?

Hollycat
06-06-2012, 04:51 AM
Peegee of course.

chionos
06-06-2012, 06:55 AM
Jerks. I thought eventually I would get a ciddie (oldbie) just by default, but now the oldbie cutoff date's been moved up and just about everybody's on the list.

Nominating seemed really easy this time, was the list streamlined or something?

Jiro
06-06-2012, 10:51 AM
Best time of year.

Pike
06-06-2012, 04:17 PM
Jerks. I thought eventually I would get a ciddie (oldbie) just by default, but now the oldbie cutoff date's been moved up and just about everybody's on the list.

Honestly I often think there should be four categories: Oldbie, Veteran, Regular, Newbie. But I can see why they don't do that, because then that's a bunch of awards handed out just by virtue of registration date xD

06-06-2012, 04:32 PM
The listing of past winners has been updated to reflect name changes, and edited into the original post. Please be sure that your nominations for "MLT Win a Ciddie for the Very First Time" are not on this list! Also be sure that you are not nominating staff/former staff/recognized members for the Best Oldbie/Veteran/Newbie categories, because I am getting some of those.

Also, remember that you are now allowed to nominate two people/posts/threads/groups of people/etc. for every category (although you are not required to do so.)

EDIT: Also, a listing of posts with three or more reps is available here (http://home.eyesonff.com/general-chat/143006-your-considerations-thread.html#post3088192).

Loony BoB
06-06-2012, 06:37 PM
Nom nom nominated. :)

Sephex
06-06-2012, 10:07 PM
Forgot to mention that I actually turned in my votes! I know I said I would do it, but I suck at that sort of thing.

Baloki
06-06-2012, 11:17 PM
I remember the days when it used to be "Pull a Baloki", but now Jiro just comes in and steals that as well :(

JUST YOU WAIT!

G13
06-07-2012, 12:02 AM
Holy tits, it's already June?

Have fun, losers, pretty sure this bot's only interested in making you dead (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1BdQcJ2ZYY).

fire_of_avalon
06-07-2012, 01:50 AM
Nominating really is the hardest part. Whiiiich is why I don't do it as often as I should.

I SWEAR I WILL TRY.

Jiro
06-07-2012, 02:29 AM
I remember the days when it used to be "Pull a Baloki", but now Jiro just comes in and steals that as well :(

JUST YOU WAIT!

It's not like I did it on purpose or anything.

Shiny
06-07-2012, 08:08 AM
You mean zombie proof house.

Old Manus
06-07-2012, 03:01 PM
Tin foil: the undead's mortal (lol) enemy

Shoden
06-07-2012, 06:18 PM
Ah The Ciddies. Is it time to get naked and party yet?

chionos
06-07-2012, 08:13 PM
Ah The Ciddies. Is it time to get naked and party yet?

That's the after-party. We've got a whiles to go yet before that funness begins. Or we can all go party now and leave Del Murder to congratulate himself for winning MLT Rig the Ciddies for his tireless efforts toward rigging the ciddies year in and year out.

Del Murder
06-07-2012, 10:46 PM
I think some of the awards this time are amusing, but I find it hard to believe anyone but blackmage nuke will win #30 or anyone but Jiro will win #43. Putting someone's screenname in the award is almost a guaranteed win for them. They should be ineligible for them!

Bubba
06-08-2012, 01:23 AM
I'm going to be a speech whore this time round.

Just to take a bit of pressure off Jiro and FoA.

Jiro
06-08-2012, 03:24 AM
Bubbaforever can I kiss you?

Laddy
06-08-2012, 03:40 AM
Nom'd

Raistlin
06-08-2012, 04:32 AM
I think some of the awards this time are amusing, but I find it hard to believe anyone but blackmage nuke will win #30 or anyone but Jiro will win #43. Putting someone's screenname in the award is almost a guaranteed win for them. They should be ineligible for them!

I agree. We should retire blackmage nuke's name from Most Underrated, and then name it the Blackmage Nuke Memorial Most Underrated Member Award. Other than that, active member's names probably shouldn't be in awards.

Old Manus
06-08-2012, 07:37 AM
He'll never win anything again :stare:

Bubba
06-08-2012, 09:03 AM
Bubbaforever can I kiss you?

* puckers up *

Hollycat
06-08-2012, 02:52 PM
*steals the kiss*

fire_of_avalon
06-08-2012, 03:03 PM
My favorite speech last year was the collaborative one Jiro and I did for... I can't remember what but it was awesome and my favorite.

WE SHOULD DO A THREE-WAY COLLABORATIVE SPEECH THIS YEAR.

Sephex
06-08-2012, 03:10 PM
WE SHOULD DO A THREE-WAY

This is the only thing I read in that entire post.

Bubba
06-08-2012, 06:56 PM
I'm up for that!

...and the speech

EDIT: Is there a thread with all the speeches together from Christmas?

Del Murder
06-08-2012, 11:36 PM
When do nominations close? I won't be able to do mine until Monday.

06-09-2012, 04:41 AM
Nominations will close on Wednesday, June 13. Probably some time in the afternoon (US-time).

Agent Proto
06-11-2012, 02:07 AM
Could you possibly provide a list of everyone who already nommed? That way it would make it for anyone who wants to annoy others who haven't already nominated a little bit easier.

I Don't Need A Name
06-11-2012, 02:41 AM
Or, on the other hand, nominate me for everything, 'cause I'm such a nice guy!

Hollycat
06-11-2012, 03:34 AM
Or, on the other hand, nominate me for everything, 'cause I'm such a nice guy!

Sure thing, what was your name again?

06-11-2012, 06:01 AM
Could you possibly provide a list of everyone who already nommed? That way it would make it for anyone who wants to annoy others who haven't already nominated a little bit easier.

The following individuals have already nominated:

Agent Proto
Hypoallergenic Cactaur
Sephex
Chionos
Jiro
Old Manus
I Don't Need a Name
Loony BoB
Bubbaforever
Laddy
Melissaur

That is not a very large list! I know that many of you are planning on doing it "eventually", which is fine, so long as you remember that nominations close this Wednesday, June 13.

Pike
06-11-2012, 06:05 AM
I feel odd for not being one of the first but my computer time has been a bit wonky lately. I'll nominate tomorrow, and rope Hux into doing his noms as well :bigsmile:

Agent Proto
06-11-2012, 07:39 AM
That is a disappointment. I hope you'll get more nominations soon! I... might send a couple people nomination reminders in the near future... hopefully. :shifty:

Jiro
06-11-2012, 09:24 AM
Not a whole lot of nominations are there? That's too bad. Y'all lazy fuckers imo.

Loony BoB
06-11-2012, 02:06 PM
Oh wow, that is a low number of people. D= Don't forget, Award Bot, I sent you a big list of who has posted most this year... I suggest you check out who is high on that list that hasn't nominated and "pay them a visit". :shifty:

I would get Danielle to nominate but I'm not sure she has been around enough to have a decent idea of what's gone on in the past six months. xD

Sephex
06-11-2012, 05:22 PM
How the hell am I the third person on that list? YOU PEOPLE NEED TO STEP UP YOUR GAME!!!

Slothy
06-11-2012, 05:47 PM
I nominated a few hours ago, so if anyone planning on harassing with PM's sends one to me I want to warn them up front that I will gut them like a flounder.

06-11-2012, 11:36 PM
I would like to thank Vivi22, Pike, and I'm my own MILF for submitting their nominations today!

fire_of_avalon
06-12-2012, 01:08 AM
*sends Vivi22 a PM reminder to nominate*

06-12-2012, 01:47 AM
I have begun to sort the nominations into a gigantic text file located in the recesses of my positronic relays. Some of the awards are starting to pan out, but others are still iffy. In particular we are running into awards where the nominations are spread too thin (i.e., everyone nominates someone completely different,) and also awards where one or two people are getting 90%+ of the nominations. To help with this, more nominations from anyone would be fantastic- even if you only vote for a few categories, every little bit helps.

You have until the day after tomorrow!

chionos
06-12-2012, 02:34 AM
I was lazy and only voted for one person in each category. If I were to go back and fix that, would you prefer to have a brand new set with the new nominations to add to the old ones, or should I send my first list with the new nominations added on?

Agent Proto
06-12-2012, 02:57 AM
I think maybe you should give us the rest of the week for nominations to give everyone who haven't nominated some extra time to procrastinate send you their nominations. :) The 15th sounds like an ideal cut-off for nominations.

06-12-2012, 03:43 AM
I was lazy and only voted for one person in each category. If I were to go back and fix that, would you prefer to have a brand new set with the new nominations to add to the old ones, or should I send my first list with the new nominations added on?

A second set of votes is fine, with the subject "Nominations 2" or something. This offer is also available for anyone else who only nominated one person per category.

I think maybe you should give us the rest of the week for nominations to give everyone who haven't nominated some extra time to procrastinate send you their nominations. :) The 15th sounds like an ideal cut-off for nominations.

Perhaps so, organic lifeform. I was hoping to have this all done (relatively) quick-ish to ensure the revelations hit before the end of the month (and also because Award Bot is on a tight schedule this year and only has certain days to devote to revelations- I have other duties to attend to, such as AI board meetings and such) however, if enough of you would prefer a few extra days then let me know and I will see what I can do.

Also, thank you Tifa's Boobs for nominating!

Del Murder
06-12-2012, 04:25 AM
As awful as it is, pm spamming actually really helps getting people to nominate. I'll work on mine...soon.

Shiny
06-12-2012, 08:21 AM
I don't think I will be able to nom till Wednesday, which might be too late. :/

Loony BoB
06-12-2012, 09:18 AM
I hope to get a second set of noms for some of the awards done later today, if work isn't too busy!

Freya
06-12-2012, 10:00 AM
I'm working on my noms, slowly but surely.

06-12-2012, 04:05 PM
I don't think I will be able to nom till Wednesday, which might be too late. :/

If many people are in this situation I am willing to extend the deadline by a few days.

Del Murder
06-12-2012, 07:11 PM
Nominations sent! Almost a full set.

Raistlin
06-13-2012, 03:45 AM
I will try to do my nominations tonight; they'll be done tonight or tomorrow.

Raistlin
06-13-2012, 04:49 AM
Ok, sent in my noms. I was surprised that I managed to go to the second-to-last day without getting harassed.

Jiro
06-13-2012, 05:09 AM
Posted my second set :jess:

06-13-2012, 11:32 PM
I would like to thank everyone who has submitted thus far. Nominations are starting to shape up now, but some of the categories could still use some bulking up, so I am extending the deadline until Friday, June 15. There will be no more extensions!

If you have yet to nominate or would like to send in a second set of nominations (because you only did one set): We could always use more in any category but the following categories in particular have four or fewer qualifying nominees so far:

8. Best Oldbie
11. Cutest Male
13. Best Custom Rank
14. Best Avatar
15. Best Signature
16. Best Artist
17. Best Writer
21. Best Blogger
23. Best Thread
25. Nicest Member
32. Most Hardcore Gamer
34. Most Helpful Member
37. MLT get permabanned
38. MLT win a Ciddie for the Very Last Time
47. MLT be a viral marketing bot for Square-Enix
49. MLT be Wheatley
50. MLT get together

Also! Please do not nominate banned members (Peegee, Sum1sGruj, etc.) for anything except Most Missed Member and Best #eoff Chatter.

Freya
06-14-2012, 03:28 AM
FINALLY. Submittedededed

Jiro
06-15-2012, 02:34 AM
I think I nominated Peegee for multiple things but fuck it I don't want to try and remember what.

06-15-2012, 06:51 PM
Anyone who nominated Peegee for anything is allowed to resend those particular ones. Nominations close tonight!

Raistlin
06-15-2012, 06:57 PM
If the standard is activity over the previous 6 months, why don't very recently banned members qualify? PG and Sum1scrayperson were banned just days before nominations opened, so recently that many nominators probably didn't even realize it.

Most importantly, we can still make fun of them with some very appropriate awards here (I'm thinking Sums1sGruj for MLT live in a compound with tinfoil hats). And I'm far too lazy to change my nominations.

Hollycat
06-15-2012, 07:20 PM
I agree with Raistlin. If they won, they won, even if they are gone now.
We let Rad bromance keep best name, but he was banned like immediately after.
I realise that was a different competition, but still.

Agent Proto
06-15-2012, 07:50 PM
I think the banned shouldn't be eligible for the more important awards but everything else should be fine! That's the first ten awards, from Best Member to Best Newbie, off limits.

#trivia: I originally nominated Peegee for Best Member as a joke, but after he got banned, I had to change my nomination to someone else. Sorry peeg.

Freya
06-15-2012, 08:03 PM
Hey it's their fault they got banned. You can nom people but doesn't mean it'll count. If they wanted to be eligible for the ciddies than they shouldn't have gotten banned! That's like letting a a recently fired employee win Employee of the month after they were fired. It's silly. I agree with the not letting them count in the comp.

06-16-2012, 02:00 AM
Whilst some good points have been brought up here it is unfortunately too late in the game for the rules to change. Perhaps next Ciddies we can have a discussion about it! Meanwhile, though, these nominations are closed! Thank you to everyone who participated and look for the voting thread soon!