PDA

View Full Version : Worst Color

Laddy
06-08-2012, 03:50 AM
What color is worst?

Colors are dependent on context, but brown is generally not pleasant as a whole. As with orange.

Pike
06-08-2012, 03:53 AM
I try to be nice to brown because no one likes it.

Orange was one of my favorite colors when I was a kid and I 100% blame Michelangelo because he was my favorite Ninja Turtle. :raichu: These days I much more prefer the cooler end of the color spectrum, though!

Freya
06-08-2012, 04:04 AM
Yah, Orange is pretty lame.

Marshall Banana
06-08-2012, 04:06 AM
Hunter green. D=

Bunny
06-08-2012, 04:13 AM
What color is worst?

Colors are dependent on context, but brown is generally not pleasant as a whole. As with orange.

Yah, Orange is pretty lame.

We are no longer on speaking terms.

http://theadventuresofglittergirl.files.wordpress.com/2010/09/lime-green.jpg

Jiro
06-08-2012, 04:21 AM
Baby shit yellow is obviously the worst colour. I'm a fan of most colours because they all have their moments but baby shit yellow only has one moment and that's when a baby is shitting and nobody can tell me that it's a good moment.

Sephex
06-08-2012, 04:23 AM
http://www.harloff.com/healthcareCarts/ColorOptions/BEIGE.jpg

Beige is the worst color ever. It tries the break the universe with boredom as brown throws up on white.

Agent Proto
06-08-2012, 04:25 AM
There is no such thing as a worst color. Though, burnt orange, darker shades of orange that seems to be turning brown, is not very attractive.

Laddy
06-08-2012, 04:47 AM
Speaking of which maroon and brown go very well together.

theundeadhero
06-08-2012, 05:04 AM
I like brown shirts.

Sylvie
06-08-2012, 05:46 AM
I cannot choose one. As a whole though, yellow has less useful input in my sensory ventures. But when yellow works, I really like yellow. Goes very well with pink.

Alpha2099
06-08-2012, 06:19 AM
My school's colors are brown and orange...:(

Sylvie
06-08-2012, 07:02 AM
It must feel like the 70's all the time in your school.

Shiny
06-08-2012, 07:54 AM
Mustard yellow and moss green for sure.

Mirage
06-08-2012, 07:59 AM
Mustard yellow is a fantastic color

for mustard

Slothy
06-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Yellow in general is the absolute worst colour that isn't something obviously boring like brown or beige. In fact, I might hate yellow more than those because they're just bland. Yellow is outright offensive in all situations save for Batman's utility belt.

Bubba
06-08-2012, 01:09 PM
It's not that easy being green
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer being red, or yellow or gold
Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy being green
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over 'cause you're
Not standing out like flashy sparkles in the water
Or stars in the sky

But green's the color of Spring
And green can be cool and friendly-like
And green can be big like an ocean, or important
Like a mountain, or tall like a tree

When green is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why, but why wonder why
Wonder, I am green and it'll do fine, it's beautiful
And I think it's what I want to be

Green is the best. Brown is the worst.

fire_of_avalon
06-08-2012, 01:22 PM
Green is the best color EXCEPT. EXCEPT when it's like super florescent green. That is the worst color.

Brown is an amazing color and so is yellow. All the colors are great except that one I mentioned.

Pike
06-08-2012, 02:16 PM
So I've been thinking and I think the worst color is that sickly yellowgreen that looks like bile or something.

Sum1sGruj
06-08-2012, 02:18 PM
My school's colors are brown and orange...:(

Lol

My school colors were blue and orange. I hate blue and orange. They are quite possibly the worst combination in my opinion.

Old Manus
06-08-2012, 02:50 PM
<s>Asian</s> Black

What?

Jinx
06-08-2012, 03:29 PM
I don't really care for neon colours.

Most the colours I don't "like" are colours I can't wear. I'm so pale, I can't really wear white. I can't wear blues or turquoises. Actually...because of my skin/hair/eye combo, there are a lot of colours I can't wear without looking washed out. :(

rubah
06-08-2012, 03:34 PM
this is baffling my mind. Colors are beautiful!

I guess the one I like the least might be
<table border=0 bgcolor=#98af00><tr><td></td></tr></table>

Madame Adequate
06-08-2012, 06:05 PM
The worst color is brown.

Yar
06-08-2012, 07:02 PM
I'd say yellow since it seems to be the only color that I can't wear. :(

Tigmafuzz
06-08-2012, 08:09 PM
I'm so pale, I can't really wear white. I can't wear blues or turquoises. Actually...because of my skin/hair/eye combo, there are a lot of colours I can't wear without looking washed out. :(

I'm white as hell and I wear light blue all the time :confused:

Iceglow
06-08-2012, 10:57 PM
I spent the better part of my teenage years painting Warhammer models to a very high standard (I was once rated good enough to make a profession out of this).

I therefore actually have a penchant for all kinds of colours regardless of their shade. Brown is pretty cool especially when worked with greens for a spring/summery feel or with oranges, reds for autumnal feel or greys for wintery feel. Brown is a colour that you ought to use to build up your colour pallete since it works with a good range of colours (avoid black and brown together though, makes the brown stand out too much in most instances)

My least favourite colour for painting with was always the pale blue-grey that the Citadel paints range referred to as "Space Wolves Grey" the main reason for this was because on a white undercoat it would often come out really bright baby blue and since Space Wolves colours were this grey and yellow often with browns and other greys in the forms of fur pelts. Because yellow over a black background didn't work well I'd often find myself having to either undercoat models by hand (or spray them black then pick out the panels for yellow in white by hand afterwards) which was just time consuming. One of the best things I learnt painting a space wolf army for a friend was that sometimes it was better to pick the undercoat for yellows to be brown or orange on a black base coat. As a full on example of how much base coat can change a colour, Space Wolves Grey on a black undercoat actually comes out very grey and flat, kinda like a Tundra.

When it comes to clothing or accessories, I won't often wear things that are garishly coloured unless forced to. The biggest exceptions to this is Red because I have found over the years that Purple, Orange and Red all suit me considerably. Purple is nice and dark so not a problem, Orange I do own an orange t-shirt but just the one I used to have to wear a uniform in Orange. Lets say I was never happy wearing the fluorescent orange fleece (especially since they still insisted we wear orange/yellow high-vis vests in the car park over these) but then the uniform changed to an Aubergine uniform edged in Orange and that actually suited me very nicely.

Sum1sGruj
06-09-2012, 01:00 AM
I'm so pale, I can't really wear white. I can't wear blues or turquoises. Actually...because of my skin/hair/eye combo, there are a lot of colours I can't wear without looking washed out. :(

I'm white as hell and I wear light blue all the time :confused:

I would have thought it'd be dark colors that make your skin tone seem lighter.

DMKA
06-09-2012, 01:31 AM
Periwinkle/teal/whatever you call that god awful color right between blue and purple.

Bunny
06-09-2012, 03:12 AM
I spent the better part of my teenage years painting Warhammer models to a very high standard (I was once rated good enough to make a profession out of this).

What

Iceglow
06-09-2012, 10:07 AM

What

By the age of 14 I was one of the top 10 painters of Warhammer models in my age group within the UK. If I had continued painting them at that time and continued improving my skills, there is a high possibility I could have applied and been accepted to work as a professional studio painter for Games Workshop. As it was I often got paid by friends and people who didn't have the skills or patience to paint the models they needed/wanted (one guy worked full time had no time to paint his new Tyranid army, he brought the materials and I did it for him) to paint the models for them. I never quite got that since the painting and construction (including conversion) of said models was over 50% of the pleasure of collecting and playing Warhammer. However at the age of 14 who was I to turn down an offer of payment to do something I positively enjoyed.

I can still paint Warhammer models to a very high, near professional standard. I'm not however likely to be able to get a job with Games Workshop as since I was a kid the professional "eavy metal" team that they have in their studio painting the models for them has changed considerably, most members have won at least 2 or 3 Golden Demon awards (awards for the best painters) which does mean I am sorely out classed. I could however if I went, re-learnt all the rules and games easily pick a job up working in a Games Workshop store. However I would only do so if management positions were an option for me.

Shlup
06-09-2012, 11:26 PM
Beige is the worst color, followed by magenta. Put those two together and I cry.

Sylvie
06-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Magenta is not a bad color. You take that the :bou::bou::bou::bou::bou: back.

Tigmafuzz
06-10-2012, 08:13 AM
I happen to think magenta is lovely. http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile-ak-snc4/50506_209734541995_8068378_n.jpg
However, it isn't technically a color. (http://www.biotele.com/magenta.html) (That site doesn't mention that red and green are actually complimentary to each other in the light spectrum, as it refers to everything in the color spectrum. But aside from that it's accurate.)

Psychotic
06-10-2012, 06:54 PM
Bright pink and also bright green.

Tigmafuzz
06-10-2012, 07:17 PM
Bright pink and also bright green.

hey all you jumping jacks guess who has banned the most people in eoff history? YEAH ME. WHO WANTS TO PLAY "Tough Guy" WITH PHYSCOTIC NOW???
~262 CONFIRMED KILLS

escobert
06-10-2012, 08:09 PM
I wear green, yellow, purple,pink and orange the least. or not at all.

Miss Lady Shelly
06-11-2012, 07:16 AM
I agree with everyone who said yellow. For some off the wall reason i always thought it was evil when i was a kid. When ever i see a yellow car i think geez its either a banana or a piece of macaroni and cheese. idk its just me i guess...

Jiro
06-11-2012, 09:35 AM
So much hate for yellow :( Yellow was my house colour and didn't I rock it.

Alpha2099
06-11-2012, 04:46 PM
My favorite color is yellow... :cry:

Jiro
06-12-2012, 01:25 AM
Don't listen to the haters, man.

Pike
06-12-2012, 01:55 AM
My university's colors were blue and gold. Gold is a shade of yellow. Represent.

krissy
06-12-2012, 02:13 AM
gold is a shade of privilege

/pgpost

ReloadPsi
06-13-2012, 05:42 PM
I have never, ever liked red. If I ever get assigned red in something colour-coded, things tend to go wrong, I don't like red clothing (they're very unflattering when you're fat, I've found) and regardless of those two points I've just always seen it as a colour of doom and ill omens. Red can suck it because I hate it. On a side note, the worst band I ever played for had Red in the name.

(It's funny because my avatar is red. Well, it's a caricature of Mr. T drawn for a computer that didn't have brown. Any of you Brits remember Digitiser?)

SFactor123
07-24-2012, 09:00 AM
I think no color is worst, it just some are more attractive and some are less. For me, least attractive color would be Blue.

Quindiana Jones
07-24-2012, 10:05 AM
Green is one of my favourite colours, but that doesn't change the fact that it's variants are some of the worst things to have ever happened to MSPaint.

Trumpet Thief
07-24-2012, 11:47 AM
Yellow. Such a stupid color. :mad2:

blackmage_nuke
07-24-2012, 01:50 PM
Its literally hurts my eyes whenever I look at ultraviolet but I cant even stand to be near gamma ray.

Seriously though I think that colour thats somewhere between yellow and green is the scourge of the earth. The one on the right (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chartreuse_%28color%29)

So much hate for yellow :( Yellow was my house colour and didn't I rock it.
Nobody cares about Hufflepuff

Alpha2099
07-24-2012, 04:56 PM
But...but...I like yellow...:cry:

sharkythesharkdogg
07-24-2012, 05:13 PM
My favorite color is orange (https://lazydazeco.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/products/pure%20orange.jpg).

Then sky blue (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Sky_Blue.png).

The forrest green (http://convomojo.com/images/portenzo_images/wallpaper/portenzo_ipad_wallpaper_forrest_green.jpg).

I'm not a big fan of most shades of mauve. :|

Trumpet Thief
07-24-2012, 05:33 PM
But...but...I like yellow...:cry:

I was just kidding. :)

Kind of hard for me to single out a color. They all work pretty darn well together.

Shorty
07-24-2012, 05:57 PM
Burnt orange is the worst. Closely followed by brown and yellow.

Breine
07-24-2012, 09:51 PM
I like brown and orange. But then again I tend to like all colours, depending on context of course. But yeah, no worst colour here.

Alpha2099
07-25-2012, 01:42 AM
I like brown and orange.
Those are my university's colors! :kakapo:

oddler
07-25-2012, 06:51 AM
All colors live in harmony and serve their purposes as needed. Should death be assumed the worst part of life when it is a part of the whole and serves to give life definition? :choc2:

Versaille
07-25-2012, 08:33 AM
My favorite color is orange (https://lazydazeco.com/sites/default/files/styles/large/public/products/pure%20orange.jpg).

Then sky blue (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5f/Sky_Blue.png).

The forrest green (http://convomojo.com/images/portenzo_images/wallpaper/portenzo_ipad_wallpaper_forrest_green.jpg).

I'm not a big fan of most shades of mauve. :|

Right on. My favorite is green, then orange. I have tennis shoes in those two colors. And yeah, mauve sucks.

~*~Celes~*~
07-27-2012, 05:02 AM
puke green :x