PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy III for PSP

Spooniest
06-10-2012, 05:27 AM
Final Fantasy III releasing September 20 in Japan on PSP | VG247 (http://www.vg247.com/2012/06/09/final-fantasy-iii-releasing-september-20-in-japan-on-psp/)

No word on a stateside release (of course), but I'm surely hoping for one.

Hollycat
06-10-2012, 05:44 AM
why not vita?

VeloZer0
06-10-2012, 07:16 AM
I would have been really happy had this happened like four years ago. Now it is just kind of 'meh' news.

Tranquil
06-10-2012, 11:12 AM
Not the greatest of news, but I approve anyway.

Elpizo
06-10-2012, 12:40 PM
I always support more FF III, but part of me is a bit sad that it's another port of the DS version. Don't get me wrong, I like the DS version, but part of me hoped for a 2D version with HD sprites like I, II and IV on the PSP. III is the only game from the first six that you can not play in english in 2D, unless you play a fan-translated NES-rom.

Fynn
06-10-2012, 04:39 PM
I'm gonna join the crowd and say "meh". Unlike the Complete Collection of FFIV, this one doesn't seem to give somebody who already owns the DS version a reason to buy it.

Wolf Kanno
06-10-2012, 06:05 PM
Yeah, this is meh, simply because most people already own the DS version. It's a great game, and I wish it the best on the PSP though.

Elpizo
06-10-2012, 08:17 PM
At least this time they can't knock off points for not using the top screen.

Bolivar
06-11-2012, 04:30 AM
I always support more FF III, but part of me is a bit sad that it's another port of the DS version. Don't get me wrong, I like the DS version, but part of me hoped for a 2D version with HD sprites like I, II and IV on the PSP. III is the only game from the first six that you can not play in english in 2D, unless you play a fan-translated NES-rom.

Agreed, it would be so awesome, and so much more worth the purchase if they went with the style of the other PSP Ports. I know many dislike it, but that style gave me incentive to play the PSP versions alternatively. I love the DS version and actually use the stylus a fair amount of the time, so there's really no reason for me to grab this. Maybe the sound quality will be better and the polygons will be smoothed out a bit. Let's see how the news develops.

Props to the PSP for still being a powerhouse in Japan.

ReloadPsi
06-13-2012, 06:30 PM

I'm gonna join the crowd and say "meh". Unlike the Complete Collection of FFIV, this one doesn't seem to give somebody who already owns the DS version a reason to buy it.

Yeah, I always bitterly missed the what could have been with that cancelled 2D remake.

nirojan
08-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Trailers out!
http://youtu.be/Bh9FKDHeGAw
http://youtu.be/Bh9FKDHeGAw

Looks too similar to the DS version imho.

Elpizo
08-15-2012, 01:03 AM
Too similar? Better say they didn't change anything at all. Maybe a few touched-up textures. Come on, SE, you can do better.

Clyde
08-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Too similar? Better say they didn't change anything at all. Maybe a few touched-up textures. Come on, SE, you can do better.

I am pretty sure it was already said, that it was just a direct port of the DS remake.

Loony BoB
08-15-2012, 04:39 PM
It would admittedly be nice to carry around FFI, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII and IX in my PSP. But Danielle has III for DS, so no, I'll just borrow her DS at some point when I finally get around to playing that game.

ReloadPsi
08-15-2012, 06:38 PM
Actually come to think of it having a version where I can do the Mognet sidequest without needing to arse about trying to use a router on a really exact security setting in order to do so would be very nice indeed, as I'm very fond of FF3 on the whole.

Sephex
08-17-2012, 11:13 PM
I think I'll pass on this one. I love playing FF games on my PSP, but this is basically the same game as the DS version with a few bells and whistles. I actually wish Square-Enix would put out a 2D polished version like they did with FFI, FFII, and FFIV.

Basically, if I never got my DS version, I would be down with this.

Mercen-X
08-20-2012, 02:43 AM
Yeah, we've got like three games for the DS and my PSP is broken so I need to pick up the DS version for this sometime soon.

Evastio
09-02-2012, 02:25 AM
I was also hoping for a 2D HD remake. It's a shame that FFIII has yet to have a 2D re-release like all the other games from FF1-6. The two screenshots for the WSC release looked really promising.

At least FFIII finally makes it debut on a Sony system.

Wolf Kanno
09-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Actually come to think of it having a version where I can do the Mognet sidequest without needing to arse about trying to use a router on a really exact security setting in order to do so would be very nice indeed, as I'm very fond of FF3 on the whole.

I feel you have come up with the most legitimate reason for buying this game.

nirojan
09-21-2012, 09:27 PM
It's coming THIS TUESDAY!!!

Final Fantasy III Coming to PSN Tuesday – PlayStation Blog (http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/09/21/final-fantasy-iii-coming-to-psn-tuesday/)

It'll be released as a downloadable PSP title thru the PS Store.

Bolivar
09-23-2012, 03:51 PM
LOL @ the 51 million Vita related questions on that PS Blog post... Everyone here knows I'm a Sony guy, but I kinda feel bad for those kids commenting on the blog who are so attached to the brand, post after post with their child-like, innocent optimism that their Vita will be a part of it... only to be rejected.

nirojan
09-23-2012, 11:32 PM
Well they weren't exactly rejected and I'm sure someday FFIII will be added to the PS Vita supported titles. But until then you can always get around it: Download to PS3, Don't install it, copy directly to PS Vita. Simple and easy way to get non-Vita supported PSP titles to work!

EDIT: Square Enix just confirmed it will be PS Vita Compatible!

Now you can experience FINAL FANTASY III and take the experience portably through the PlayStation Portable (PSP) and PlayStation Vita (PSVita)! All your favorite FINAL FANTASY titles from the PlayStation era are available at the palm of your hand, a thrilling experience for any Sony user!

http://na.square-enix.com/finalfantasyiii/go/article/view/final_fantasy_25th_anniversary/260137/final_fantasy_iii_available_now_for_psp

Fynn
10-08-2012, 01:48 PM
Well, at least some people that still haven't played the game in English will get a new opportunity. Do you think they might change the difficulty settings? 'Cause I heard that, due to the DS's cartridge limitations, they couldn't fit as many monsters on screen as the original SNES version, so they just made the enemies stronger. Do you think they'll return to more monsters this time?

Jinx
10-08-2012, 02:07 PM
I probably won't get this. I've never played this game, but I have no desire to. It seems that anything below FFIV is only worth playing for nostalgia's sake.

Fynn
10-08-2012, 02:47 PM
I probably won't get this. I've never played this game, but I have no desire to. It seems that anything below FFIV is only worth playing for nostalgia's sake.

It is a pretty good game in its own right. Pretty outdated by todays standards, but very much worth playing and quite ahead of its time in some aspects.

black orb
10-16-2012, 06:52 PM
At least FFIII finally makes it debut on a Sony system.
>>> And only took like 22 years!!... hahahahahahahahaha!!!.:lol::lol: :luca:

smurf you SE :mad:

I Don't Need A Name
10-21-2012, 01:49 AM
Someone doesn't understand Final Fantasy! Given that FFIII's DS remake gave the game an actual storyline and characters, then I can't see why you wouldn't wanna play it.

I just bought it for the Vita. The rearranged soundtrack is nice! It feels a little awkward having the DS graphics running on the Vita, but I'll persevere for the chance to finally play this! (I tried the NES version and I just couldn't get on with it)

Bolivar
10-24-2012, 05:42 AM
Someone doesn't understand Final Fantasy! Given that FFIII's DS remake gave the game an actual storyline and characters, then I can't see why you wouldn't wanna play it.

I gotta co-sign this. The remakes are all awesome. Especially FFIII. It's my favorite game for the DS, and that was a monster system for RPGs.

I'm also a huge fan of the FFI & II remakes. I personally enjoy FFII more than FFIV and VI. Yeah, I'm insane, I get it. The FFI one is awesome as well, the only design flaw the game carries over from the NES original is the whole weird mystic key thing that's just out of the ordinary. It's actually still pretty cool...

nirojan
10-24-2012, 06:44 PM
It's Vita compatible!
"You can download Final Fantasy III on the Vita store starting today :D No update on 5 though."

With yesterday's PS Store update, FFIII (PSP version) is now supported on the Vita. Apparently it was initially launched on both the Vita and PSP storefronts, but a few hours in, Sony yanked it from the Vita store. It's now available to download directly without having to use the workaround :)

Sefie1999AD
11-09-2012, 09:35 PM

This is pretty much the reason why I wanted to try out the PSP version. The DS version was a nice remake, but I could never be bothered to finish it, especially since you needed Wi-Fi to do all the side quests. With the PSP version, I'll have a reason to give this game another try, and hopefully I can do the side quests this time. I've played FFIII PSP for 2-3 hours now, and so far I've enjoyed it. It could be just me, but the graphics seem a bit more polished than in the DS version. What I like about the soundtrack is that you can choose either the original 8-bit music from the NES version, or the rearranged soundtrack from the DS version.

SteahMeLee
05-21-2013, 12:29 PM
:cry: :cry: :cry:

And when I was finally happy to have Final Fantasy III on the Playstation, something I'm waiting since the PS1 era.............................

THEY DON'T PUBLISH IT IN RETAILED PACKAGED VERSION!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:confused: WHY??? WHYYYYYYYY???

I still have to wait to have finally my collection complete in my bookshelf...

DMKA
05-27-2013, 08:17 PM
I bought it about a week ago and am playing right now. I played a little bit of the original game but never finished it. It's fun.

Now if they would just port the 3D DS remake of FFIV I'd be very happy, but seeing as PSP already has the "FFIV Complete Collection" I doubt that will ever happen.

SteahMeLee
05-27-2013, 11:23 PM
I just ask for the retail version of FFIII, just to complete the physical collection...