PDA

View Full Version : Going Out to Eat for Breakfast

Pike
06-13-2012, 05:42 AM
Do you do this often? Where do you like to go?

Hux and I are in love with a little place in town called Main Street Over Easy which has some amazing stuff. :jess: Of course there's always IHOP too, but some of the local places are great.

krissy
06-13-2012, 05:51 AM
not often
but any mom n pop place with eggs and sausages and orange juice hits the spot
hashbrowns mmm

Jiro
06-13-2012, 05:53 AM
Breakfast out is not really a thing here. I guess it's because everybody is just hungover from the night before. In any case, I did love IHOP while I was there in the US.

Del Murder
06-13-2012, 05:55 AM
There are so many freaking brunch places in the Bay Area. It seems like there's more brunch than dinner places, at least around here. We've been to most of them and they're alright. A lot of times we don't wake up early enough for it.

TheAbominatrix
06-13-2012, 05:56 AM
Anyone live near a Black Bear Diner? They're a large-ish chain in the north west and they have the best breakfast ever. Such huge plates and delicious sausage...

Dammit, now I want breakfast.

Laddy
06-13-2012, 06:12 AM
IHOP is awful.

Burger King has amazing corissanwhiches.

Miriel
06-13-2012, 07:45 AM
The Griddle Cafe in Hollywood has the best breakfast food in the world. Their oreo pancakes are insaaaane. Peanut butter french toast, Mexican scramble with chipotle mayo, pico de gallo, chorizo and amazing fresh tortilla chips, BRICKS of fried breakfast potatoes.

I'm an impatient person and the 1 hour wait to get into this place is thousand times worth it. If you're ever in the area, you must go.

Aside from Griddle Cafe, I don't love going out for breakfast. I hate paying for things I can make at home. I make killer cornmeal pancakes, great omelettes, frittatas, and fairly decent home fries. Unless a restaurant has something really special in their breakfast menu, there's really no point in going out to eat for breakfast.

Unless you go out for donuts. Donuts are always worth it.

Marshall Banana
06-13-2012, 07:53 AM
I don't have the tummy for it. Eating a whole meal for breakfast makes me feel sick (and the portions are huge in restaurants)!

I do like when Necronopticous makes pancakes, though. He makes chocolate-chip pancakes for me!

Iceglow
06-13-2012, 11:19 AM
There's nothing quite like the morning after a big drinking session going to the local greasy spoon and getting a Full English... Bacon, Sausage, Black Pudding, Fruit Pudding, Eggs, Tomatoes, Mushrooms with maybe some Potato Scones (they're more Scottish/Irish though) or Hashbrowns (american) and baked beans (definitely an English thing) If that doesn't cure the hangover then nothing will.

ReloadPsi
06-13-2012, 05:39 PM
Did it a fair few times while I was at uni, but generally I avoid doing it if I can; I can make breakfast cheaper at home and won't have to wait as long for it.

Bunny
06-13-2012, 06:12 PM
BUT BUT

You guys don't have IHOP? D: But, it's INTERNATIONAL? For shame.

It's probably called HOP everywhere else.

ReloadPsi
06-13-2012, 06:41 PM
BUT BUT

You guys don't have IHOP? D: But, it's INTERNATIONAL? For shame.

It's probably called HOP everywhere else.

First I've ever heard of it. I just had to Google it and find out what it even was.

Sephex
06-13-2012, 07:17 PM
I start at five or six in the morning for work, so going to an actual sit down place for breakfast is not an option. However, there is a pancake house around here that I used to frequent that was damn good. I miss that place.

Jiro
06-13-2012, 11:24 PM
IHOP is a crock of shit. International my ass. It only exists in the USA and CANADA and that doesn't make you international. That makes you North American. Fucking lying bastards.

fire_of_avalon
06-15-2012, 04:40 AM
My favorite place I ate breakfast ever was The Silver Skillet in Atlanta. Holy jeebus that place had good food.

I don't really go out for breakfast, or brunch either. You can't wear your jammies when you go out for breakfast.

Madame Adequate
06-15-2012, 04:40 AM
But you can do whatever you want, you're Megan :confused:

fire_of_avalon
06-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Allow me to rephrase. Others do not prefer to be seen with me if I storm into a restaurant with a gaped neck tank top, pink polka-dot pants, a half a pony tail and my debit card in my sports bra. I'm considerate of their silly social mores.

Tigmafuzz
06-15-2012, 06:45 AM
You can't wear your jammies when you go out for breakfast.

You're misusing the word "can't." Here in San Antonio it's nearly impossible to go out for breakfast, even if it's a nice restaurant, without running into people in their jammies.

Others do not prefer to be seen with me if I storm into a restaurant with a gaped neck tank top, pink polka-dot pants, a half a pony tail and my debit card in my sports bra.

I don't think anybody would mind what you were wearing. They'd be proud just to be seen in the proximity of MEGAPOW.

Bubba
06-15-2012, 06:41 PM
I didn't know what the hell IHOP was either. I thought it might have been a reference to House of Pain.

Jump around, jump up jump up and get down!!

Though not immediately after a hearty breakfast...

TheAbominatrix
06-15-2012, 10:35 PM
Allow me to rephrase. Others do not prefer to be seen with me if I storm into a restaurant with a gaped neck tank top, pink polka-dot pants, a half a pony tail and my debit card in my sports bra. I'm considerate of their silly social mores.

If ever we should chance to meet for realsies, I am insisting that you go out to eat with me wearing exactly this. I will wear my Thai fisher pants things and some ridiculous hat and we shall make an adventure of it.

Roogle
06-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Why, I would probably go somewhere for breakfast every single day if I had the coin. Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day; unfortunately, waking up early in the morning and cooking myself breakfast is one of my least favorite things.