PDA

View Full Version : New Bed

Carl the Llama
06-13-2012, 10:25 PM
So I plan on buying a new bed this friday and have done a bit of shopping around and came up with the following:

COMBO DEAL - Pradoa 4'6 Double Brown Faux Leather Bed + Graduate Plus 14cm Thick Foam Mattress - Cheap Bed Frames (http://beds.monsterbeds.co.uk/epages/es106419.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es106419_shop/Products/COMBO-PRADOA%2BGRADPLUS-4FT6)

http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/3257/newbed.jpg

Now I am not so sure about the mattress, and am seeking advice on whether or not this "Graduate Plus 14cm Thick Foam Mattress" is any good, it is only £115 and for a mattress that's just dirt cheap, I don't know whether that's just because the site has amazing deals (which I had conducted a search and found many good reviews about the site) or because its a bad mattress, it say that it promotes good circulation which in my condition (don't ask) is a good thing, but I would just love it if I could get a good nights sleep for once.

tl;dr Is the mattress any good?

Jiro
06-13-2012, 11:20 PM
At what point does a new bed no longer get to be a "new" bed?

Pike
06-14-2012, 06:13 AM
That's the comfiest-looking picture I've ever seen.

Shiny
06-14-2012, 06:37 AM
At what point does a new bed no longer get to be a "new" bed?
When it has pee stains on it from the previous owner.

Shlup
06-14-2012, 06:45 AM
Does it have a warranty? Our mattress came with a nine-year warranty, and I'm glad 'cause after about 4 years it started to suck.

Psychotic
06-14-2012, 05:39 PM
Let me tell you buddy I make mattresses for a living. Graduate Plus 14cm Thick Foam Mattress? That's a smurfing chump model. Are you a chump? Do you want a fantastic way to tell the whole world you're a chump? Boy do I have a great way for you to do that - Get a Graduate Plus 14cm Thick Foam Mattress.

I have literally sneezed things that would be a better mattress than a Graduate Plus 14cm Thick Foam Mattress. Circulation support? Not smurfing likely mate. You'd have better circulation while being squeezed by a giant python of either the snake or Hulk Hogan variety.

£115? smurf that for a smurfing laugh. You may as well go put £115 in a blender and pretend you're watching the Crystal Maze as it zips about. I bet you'd get more out of it than if you bought a thousand Graduate Plus 14cm Thick Foam Mattresses for that smurfing price. Jesus christ.

smurf that mattress dude. Seriously. I kind of lost respect for you today KD for even posting this thread.

DK
06-14-2012, 06:01 PM
Jesus christ no, don't even waste your money or time, I had one of those a while back and it was the worst thing I've ever had the misfortune of lying on. Would get a more comfortable experience lying on the backseat of Quin's car than on that bag of shit, I only had to pay £90 for it and even that was probably, give or take, £87.34 too much. Can't emphasis enough how bad it is. And when you actually have one and try to get your money back, bloody hell the company are literally the biggest pain in the arses to deal with. Every one of them I spoke to on the phone was an annoying little scroty pompus arsehole, like some kind of gimpy manager at a fast food chain who is totally up themself because they blagged a "manager" title despite the fact that managing pimply council estate teenagers churn out processed food is about as noteworthy as a pimple on a on a bus drivers left buttock. I can not in any way shape or form try to make it clearer that you categorically, emphatically, absolutely should not buy this. Seriously. :colbert:

Jinx
06-14-2012, 07:08 PM
Paul, do you really make mattresses for a living?

escobert
06-14-2012, 10:18 PM
I've always had hand me down beds from my brothers. so I've never experienced this thing called a "new bed"

Carl the Llama
06-14-2012, 10:49 PM
Paul, do you really make mattresses for a living?

No lol, he works at the CAB... or something like that xD

fire_of_avalon
06-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Beds are serious. The mattress I'm sleeping on was the best quality you could buy (like 12 years ago) and it's held up well, but I need to look into getting a new one. I would advise, if you are able, that you invest more in the mattress. And pillow-top that shit, hell yeah.

Jinx
06-14-2012, 11:34 PM
It's not about the bed, it's about what you do on the bed.

Sephex
06-15-2012, 01:23 AM
I had a crappy futon and recently switched to a not-so-crappy futon. However, I'm not that picky when it comes to where I end up sleeping.

CimminyCricket
06-15-2012, 01:43 AM
Yeah, get a pillow top. I would recommend going to an actual mattress store and see what they have for deals. I got lucky and browsed a store that was bought out by a larger company and had 80% most of their brands. I picked up a $1200 plush top mattress for $575. It is a glorious bed.

Carl the Llama
06-15-2012, 01:50 AM
It's not about the bed, it's about what you do on the bed.
Is that an offer darling :smug:

Jiro
06-16-2012, 07:28 AM
I bought myself a new bed last year and I love my bed.

Psychotic
06-16-2012, 10:33 AM
dude come on give us an update

you didn't buy the god damn chump bed did you?

Carl the Llama
06-16-2012, 11:27 AM
dude come on give us an update

you didn't buy the god damn chump bed did you?

No, pay was delayed... again crappy work needs to get their rears in gear and pay me, 3rd time this has happened.