PDA

View Full Version : I'm going to King's Island right now!

KentaRawr!
06-14-2012, 03:36 PM
I like King's Island. I'm leaving right now to go there. It's been quite a while!

When was the last time you went to an amusement park? Was it fun?

Laddy
06-14-2012, 04:24 PM
I haven't went to an amusement park since I went to Dollywood a couple of years ago. It was fun.

For those who don't know, Dollywood is Dolly Parton's personal theme park. It's more fun than it sounds.

Jinx
06-14-2012, 04:30 PM
I'd rather to go King's Landing.

KentaRawr!
06-14-2012, 04:40 PM
I haven't went to an amusement park since I went to Dollywood a couple of years ago. It was fun.

For those who don't know, Dollywood is Dolly Parton's personal theme park. It's more fun than it sounds.

That doesn't sound fun, but I need to go there one day.

Bubba
06-14-2012, 04:42 PM
I'm not sure the UK can compete with America for amusement parks. I went to Alton Towers last year which is probably the best we've got.

Not so great as your might erections, I'd imagine.

sharkythesharkdogg
06-14-2012, 04:53 PM
The last time I went was when the company I worked for celebrated their 50 year anniversary by renting out 6 Flags Over Georgia for a day. The whole park was staffed and ready to roll. Lots of fun with no long lines.

Sephex
06-14-2012, 05:05 PM
I went to Six Flags Great America (Gurnee, IL) a couple of weeks ago. Prior to then, I didn't go in six years (after going at least once a year for 11 years straight). It was nice to see what they did with the place and experience the brand new ride, which is the best coaster they had in years. My girlfriend and I went on a weekday, so the lines were short.

Other theme parks I have been to:

*Disneyland
*Dollywood

Pike
06-14-2012, 05:05 PM
I've been to some carnivals and fairs in the past few years but the last time I went to a dedicated theme park was Disneyland about 15 years ago.

I went to Alton Towers last year which is probably the best we've got.

I'm going to go here with MILF when I go visit him this fall :flirt:

fire_of_avalon
06-15-2012, 12:47 AM
Dollywood is a really fun park and they have a lot of shows and stuff too.

And it's really close to me.

The last amusement park I went to was Carowinds about a year ago. It was awesome.

chionos
06-15-2012, 05:31 PM
I was at King's Island just a few weeks ago. Hadn't been in several years; it was my daughter's first experience with roller coasters. I rode everything with her and it really made me realize how old I'm getting, because the Drop Zone scared a great big holy shit out of me. I used to ride it multiple times in a row, but now I just want to ride the nice calm Viking Ship all day. We spent the last half of the day riding the white water canyon over and over. If you ride the back lot movie coaster thing don't sit in the front. I made that mistake and thought I was going to die when the ride stopped and fire spewed at my face for 10-15 seconds. It was a hot day, and the heat from the flames was terrible. But yeah, anyway, I love King's Island. This was the first time I've gone since they added the slingshot thing that I didn't ride it, but I don't know if I want to now. I'd be happy if they let me sit on the Viking Ship without having to get off.

Going to try to go to Dollywood in July, but I don't know if I'm going to want to leave the cabin.

Hollycat
06-15-2012, 06:29 PM
Silver Dollar city 3 years ago. Easily the worst theme park in America, and completely boring to children and teens. Right next to Dolly Parton's stampede, which is not only rigged, but they haven't changed it at all in ten years.

Others I have been to:

disneyworld: omg so much fun
disneyland: not quite as much fun as disney world
six flags over texas: nice, not great.

Hollycat
06-15-2012, 07:22 PM
I will dis on Branson. I liked about half the shows I saw. You tell me, what theme park is more boring than silver dollar city. Considering I'm a history fanatic and I still didn't enjoy it, I don't see the appeal.

Hollycat
06-15-2012, 09:02 PM
I don't know, Branson just feels, orange to me.

I don't like orange.

Jiro
06-16-2012, 07:24 AM
Went to Disneyland. Not bad. Going to DreamWorld soon. Should be a'ight.

Yar
06-16-2012, 08:59 AM
I love Kings Island! The Beast is awesome.

I don't go there as often as Cedar Point though, it's a lot closer.

Freya
06-16-2012, 09:14 AM
Last Amusement Park I went to and only one I've been to was Cedar Point with My Little Pokey. I'll be going to a little one in OKC next sunday though!

DMKA
06-17-2012, 04:05 AM
The last time I went to an amusement park was when I went with Jeremy a.k.a Necronopticous here on EoFF. It was a lot of fun, especially since it was "Christian Day" and there were all sorts of church kids with hilarious t-shirts. We even got to post here from there!

Man, that was like seven years ago. Sheesh.

I actually drove by King's Island for the first time ever a few weeks ago, when we were on way to the Aquarium in Newport, KY. I wanted to go there instead of the aquarium.

chionos
06-17-2012, 04:42 AM
The Aquarium has always been disappointing to me. The Cincinnati Zoo is worth the trip though, especially with the new big cats exhibit. I still prefer KI, though.

Miss Lady Shelly
07-28-2012, 06:42 AM
The only amusement parks i have been to are Six Flags Great America, Cedar Point, Bush Gardens (Florida), Sea World (Florida), Universal Studios (Florida). Never been to Disney.

Trumpet Thief
07-28-2012, 08:44 AM
Playland (Vancouver) during 'Fright Nights' around Halloween. A yearly tradition for me. :)

Mirage
07-28-2012, 01:14 PM
DId you meet the king, Kenta?